Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Moriko

For 110 points, Brunak does in fact seem like a more valuable choice. Tournaments aside though, Moriko has a spot in scenario's and situations in casual scape.

I think all the ninja's points come from Phantom Walk. It is an ability that negates a whole rule in heroscape. You also have to remember that even experienced players get thrown off by a unexpected Phantom Walk. I have assassinated a Raelin that was in the back line with Moriko.

Nothin' better then having all your opponent's army engaged at the front line with yours and just sneaking in with Moriko to the back. At that point your opponent has to disengage to protect his precious Kyrie.

I Came, I Dropped, I Conquered.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 05:30 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdroppers View Post
I think all the ninja's points come from Phantom Walk.
Nail right on the head.

4/4 and 4 life is not too shabby to shrug off a few attacks while saber storming on the way to her primary target.

She's a high risk draft choice, and not suited for the "Tournament Mindset" but she has an excellent sculpt with a very flexible set of abilities (Phantom and a Varying Special Attack).

She's performed very well in local games with

Moriko 110
Kumiko 190
Isamu 200
Marro Stinger x5 500 /18

If the stingers get too tied down the Lady ninjas can rush through the blockade special attacking the whole way (I'm talking to you rats). Isamu pimps it in the back as usual for clean up.

Would the army be better with others? Yes of course. But it works, and it's very fun to play.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 05:44 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Howabout

Beauties and the Beasts?
Stingers x4
Moriko
Kumiko
Shirio
Otonashi

All female ninjas, and incase you only have x4 stingers. Though the above army would be better.

On a side note, too bad Moriko wasnt an elf ninja.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Howabout

Beauties and the Beasts?
Stingers x4
Moriko
Kumiko
Shirio
Otonashi

All female ninjas, and incase you only have x4 stingers. Though the above army would be better.

On a side note, too bad Moriko wasnt an elf ninja.

I still argue if you put 4 or 5 squads of stingers in an army, it doesn't really matter what you fill into it.

It is like saying, Moriko would look awesome with:

Q9
Raelin
Rats x 3
Moriko

Well, yes, even Carr looks good in this army.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:20 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

That's just it though - Moriko can fit into any army. She doesn't really synergize with anything, so what are you going to do? Put her in a bad army?

If you're trying to fill a niche with her, there's pretty much always going to be a better figure to do whatever job you want her to. That's just her curse.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:10 AM

HarleyThomas is surprisingly tart

So much Moriko hate.

She's no Isamu, but using her for clean up isn't too bad.

She'd be godly against Vipers and Gruts (just avoid Grimnak & likely Krug) as they're very low defense squad heavy.

Play on a map with the Glyph of Thorian if you're concerned about range.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:00 PM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyThomas View Post
So much Moriko hate.

She'd be godly against Vipers and Gruts (just avoid Grimnak & likely Krug) as they're very low defense squad heavy.

But these are the problems. These are the EXACT reasons she gets hate. Think about it:

Quote:
Right, but she costs as much as Evar, Brunak, the AE, and a few other good cleaners. And for ten points more I can get Kaemon or Tandros. Hell, even for ten points LESS, I can get Syvarris!

Quote:
There are units who are good against those units, BETTER against those units, and some of them can even go head to head with Krug and Grimnak. So why bother? That's like saying, "Denrick can bond with the knights, but hell, Carr is also a solid hero. Why not draft him with my knights?" Its not necessarily the stupid choice, but do you really wanna forgo the opportunities another unit would bring you?

Quote:
Do you really want to be dependent on a glyph for your unit to work? That's the equivalent to counter-drafting Braxas with an expensive squad because there's a glyph of Wannok on the board. It just doesn't work. A unit should be able to function on its own.

I'm not saying she can't; Moriko is a great unit, and I've used her plenty. But you don't pick her to win. You pick her to have fun.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

She works great in the Chaos Caverns (I think it's called) scenario.

Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkachu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyThomas View Post
So much Moriko hate.
Moriko is a great unit, and I've used her plenty. But you don't pick her to win. You pick her to have fun.

In Vengeance of the Gladiators! A Kolakoski Studios Production, a small/medium heroes only scenario, where all units' ranges are reduced to 1, she should shine.

Next Generation

Old August 8th, 2014, 01:36 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Not sure where to post about this, but Moriko is missing from Battleplan.

What I learned from NHSD 2017: “If you have height advantage, don’t use stinger drain.”
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Not sure where to post about this, but Moriko is missing from Battleplan.
Here is a link to the Battleplan thread.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:00 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Moriko
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units