Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 19th, 2011, 01:05 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sucker Punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Spoiler Alert!
That's why I posted what I posted above. Given the rest of his actions at the hospital/brothel, this just felt right.
Old May 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Just found out, youtube has the entire intro to Sucker Punch.

Sucker Punch Intro

Spoiler Alert!
Thanks for posting the link--I wouldn't have guessed that that big a chunk of the movie would be on Youtube.

Watching it again, I completely agree with you. When I saw it in theaters, I was totally convinced that it was the dad who killed her--either in breaking down the closet door or once he was in. Watching it again, it seems pretty clear that Baby Doll's at fault.

I guess I'd make a lousy witness.
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:00 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

For any one interested in Sucker Punch, here are some customs based on the movie's characters.

Sucker Punch HeroScape Cards

Now, back to reality.
Old July 31st, 2011, 12:49 AM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Rented this, walk out of room around 38min 50sec. My son liked it but I like he likes boobs.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:41 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just watched it and these are my thoughts.

The story is broken down into 3 different levels, the asylum, the club, & the crazy battle world. Forget the first two levels, the 3rd level was quite satisfying to watch. It is a fantasy/sci-fi/ninja/WWII/Special forces mish-mash of mayhem. If has a lot of cool little things going on that I won't go into detail on. A Heroscape vibe is present in the combat and a few of the building models reminded me of some WH40K/WH/LOTR set-ups I've seen, which appeals the gamer in me. Unfortunately those few segments only make up for a small portion of the movie and are not really connected together in any coherent way.

The first two levels are nothing to remember. I did like how several of the characters appear in multiple levels though. They would have been better off just trying to come up with a liner story line that took place entirely in the 3rd level though and abandoned the 'inner minds eye experience at a nut house' concept.
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:26 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

I agree Yodaking. I was just telling my wife yesterday (who didn't see it) that I would have enjoyed it if it only included that thrid level stuff.
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:46 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm gonna have to (respectively) disagree with you guys. First though, I agree with the third level being awesome. It was insane video game/music video segments that were just plain fun to watch.

However, where I disagree is that levels one and two weren't worth while. There was so much story in those levels it took the movie from just a plain action movie to a movie with depth. It gave the main characters (Baby Doll, Sweet Pea and Rocket at least) back ground and reasons for why they did what they did. Amber and Blondie were just added eye candy. (Not that I was disappointed about that either.)

Spoiler Alert!

I know I won't convince you guys to like the movie, and that isn't really my attempt. I just wanted to point out there was more to the movie then the action scenes and the "plot" levels did have their merit in telling the story.

One final thing, not sure if you guys are watching the theatrical release or the director's cut extended edition, the extended edition has a bit more back ground to tell the story even more. (Plus the action scene have been extended as well.) If you haven't seen the extended edition, I would highly recommend it.

Oh, and one more thing. Don't ever write a check with your mouth you can't cash with your ass.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:32 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

And as mentioned earlier, the music is hands-down the greatest soundtrack I have ever heard! I was listening to it the whole time I was designing my Sucker Punch HeroScape Cards, which I have to finish at some point.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:04 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
And as mentioned earlier, the music is hands-down the greatest soundtrack I have ever heard! I was listening to it the whole time I was designing my Sucker Punch HeroScape Cards, which I have to finish at some point.
I agree, this CD has been in my car since the day I saw Sucker Punch in the theater.

Emily Browning has an incredible voice and brings so much to the songs she sings!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 7th, 2011, 04:44 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a theory about the intro:

Spoiler Alert!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

I know this is a necro, but I finally saw this movie, and I loved it. I didn't even realize it was Snyder until I started it. VERY much his style, which I love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just watched it and these are my thoughts.

The story is broken down into 3 different levels, the asylum, the club, & the crazy battle world. Forget the first two levels, the 3rd level was quite satisfying to watch. It is a fantasy/sci-fi/ninja/WWII/Special forces mish-mash of mayhem. If has a lot of cool little things going on that I won't go into detail on. A Heroscape vibe is present in the combat and a few of the building models reminded me of some WH40K/WH/LOTR set-ups I've seen, which appeals the gamer in me. Unfortunately those few segments only make up for a small portion of the movie and are not really connected together in any coherent way.

The first two levels are nothing to remember. I did like how several of the characters appear in multiple levels though. They would have been better off just trying to come up with a liner story line that took place entirely in the 3rd level though and abandoned the 'inner minds eye experience at a nut house' concept.
I actually have to disagree. The action scenes were the most boring to me. Yeah, it was cool action and whatnot, but they were too long, and distracted from the real world action. (I loved the train part though. Seeing those robots sliced to pieces.... nice....). It was just her fantasies, and nothing more. Unfortunately they were the huge selling point of the film, and had to play it up.

About Schulzy's dislikes... Snyder told us all exactly how this was going to play out before we even watch the movie. We went in expecting a cheesy sexy action flick, and that's really not what we got. Snyder sucker punched us all.

Spoiler Alert!
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:13 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

I personally think this movie was purely eye-candy. And I don't mean cleavage and legs only but those were really some creative imagery and really well executed special effects and digital imaging. The story, however, felt like an ant diving down a inch high of puddle. Looks deep but it's really still shallow. But, heck, a giant samurai warrior with a gatling gun... I'm sold. Hehehe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies