Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 7th, 2011, 03:38 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
Re: Jungle pack - is this for real?

i got 2 sets jungel and 2 tundra unopened.
and 1 and 1 opened.
but rellay what is the differens beteween mint , untouced, never opend?

if you normal buy it you play with this, , are these collectors itens?
i remeber a heroscape master set mint 240 euro, if you are crasy to open it you lose $$$

heroscape components are very good and will never get a bad touch.
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:38 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

While I agree the prices will not decrease, only a relative handful of items will be fetching the highest of the currently inflated prices. Those being the lava, snow and jungle sets...and the Ticalla sets are truly far more valuable than snow, really, due to its smaller production release.

The waves that fetch the most now are, obviously, the hardest to find: Wave 4, followed by Wave 3 and Wave 6.

I can't believe the prices I'm paying for individual UNITS...that was an relatively uncommon thing a couple years ago for the best units but now it's almost a trend. Where ya gonna find a sealed Gladiatron booster?...it doesn't look good.

So those 'holy grails' will keep their value...but I don't see the other waves having that same treatment. I'm still astonished to find the forest set going for so much, considering that was being blown out only a year ago.

The biggest resale market is among players of the game. So, once those collectors complete their sets, you'll see the prices go down if only because the demand isn't there anymore. Only the most OCD of folks will want to collect Heroscape in the next five years, thinking, "hmm, I've gotta get it ALLLLL!!!", and they'll have a very expensive job to do so.

Complete your collections NOW...that's my advice, not that anyone's askin, lol.
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajackal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
Have you guys seen how much HeroQuest goes for? While not insane prices, it still sells for premium prices, even for games that are obviously used and missing a few pieces.
You are totally right.

This guy is selling the BOXES to Heroquest for $10,000! Imagine how much it's worth with the components!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heroquest-Board-...item19c167e660
He's selling them for $10,000, but is anyone buying for that price? I would be shocked if he got any nibbles. The only thing I would expect he sees are questions about his sanity. Buy it now prices aren't really a good gauge for price. I could put up a posting for my son's Agent Carr that broke at the ankle for $10,000 buy it now. I'm not going to sell it at that price.
He's just trying to promote his ebay store with that auction. He doesn't really expect anyone to buy it, but hes hoping you'll click to see his other items.
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:56 AM

the incredible mate is surprisingly tart

That is unreal. I am a purist. I'm not a huge fan of customs (especially when it comes to terrain for Heroscape) but I don't think I would ever pay that much for that set. I want at least 4 of the jungle set and I'll either wait until prices go down a bit or I'll end up buying them but the highest I'll pay is $50 especially after I kick myself for passing them up at walmart (Before I decided to get into heroscape) for $20 a piece.

Trades: 12
Selling my collection for 500 plus shipping, for a list or any interest please pm me asap
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

This is why I put my intials on the bottom of everything, to stop me from being tempted by the selling prices I have been seeing.

I SMOKE ROCKS!
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:05 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
What I am not sure about is, that a game this good would not come back is some form or another in time... IMO I would be surrprized if at some point we do not see a version of Heroscape back.... it is too good to let die.
Bingo! I was thinking about this the other day. Why would Hasbro want to retain the intellectual property to HS? Why wouldn't they just sell the property to FF or some other gaming company?

The mechanics of the game are solid. The gameboard concept is brilliant. I can see some of Heroscape's "DNA" turning up in another game at some point in the future. If Hasbro hangs onto the HS intellectual property it means that they'll have that much less work to do in developing a new game in the future.

Maybe it'll be something totally different yet, by virtue of the mechanics and terrain/gameboard, compatible.

Themed Heroscape armies are loads of fun. Not too practical (or winning!), but very fun.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Good Trades: Porkins; phil413ican; Grison; twigleg2; mac122; Vydar; Tokah Phatee; dart48; wytefang; SgtHulka
Old February 7th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Have you guys seen how much HeroQuest goes for? While not insane prices, it still sells for premium prices, even for games that are obviously used and missing a few pieces.
You are totally right.

This guy is selling the BOXES to Heroquest for $10,000! Imagine how much it's worth with the components!!

He's selling them for $10,000, but is anyone buying for that price? I would be shocked if he got any nibbles. The only thing I would expect he sees are questions about his sanity. Buy it now prices aren't really a good gauge for price. I could put up a posting for my son's Agent Carr that broke at the ankle for $10,000 buy it now. I'm not going to sell it at that price.
He's just trying to promote his ebay store with that auction. He doesn't really expect anyone to buy it, but hes hoping you'll click to see his other items.
If that is what it is he's failing. I have no interest in seeing what else he is selling. He has established stooooopid pricing with that listing. I expect more like it with his other stuff, and I won't look to find out.
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:32 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are totally right.

If that is what it is he's failing. I have no interest in seeing what else he is selling. He has established stooooopid pricing with that listing. I expect more like it with his other stuff, and I won't look to find out.
It does prove that he's the guy with the Heroquest connection (he's got boxes I've never seen before.) So if you want it bad enough he's the guy to see.
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
It does prove that he's the guy with the Heroquest connection (he's got boxes I've never seen before.) So if you want it bad enough he's the guy to see.
I have to agree its advertising. If you see the auction listed you'll possibly click on it out of curiosity. What could possibly be worth $10,000? Then you'll note his seller name and possibly check out his store if you are interested in Heroquest.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:19 PM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think ultimately that basic terrain auctions are going to be where the money's at. As the custom market kicks into overdrive, people will start to realise that figures and specific elements (like a tree, or a boulder) can be scratch-built, but the basic terrain pieces are the real essentials. Can't afford a TT? Re-paint the rocks from BftU, or make them out of foam. Can't justify buying an over-priced TJ? Make your own, etc.

Collection lots of basic terrain, however, that's where I think the profit will be (for sellers) in the future. If I was just starting my collection now I'd buy lots of available terrain (multiples of BftU, SotM and FotA) RIGHT NOW, and leave the funky stuff for later. I'd learn some custom tricks and work on making terrain elements down the track.

And yeah, I do think Hasbro will keep the IP of Heroscape for future similar game systems.

G.

Betty or Veronica...?
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:56 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not that Heroscape will ever reach the mainstream popularity of Magic. But I have the power 9 and those 9 cards are worth about 5k (non black bordered or about 10k black bordered.)

I'm only using that as an example of a collectible that has been made in the past 20 years (and not a 300 year old chess game) that pulls in big cash values.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:14 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

I remember seeing a Lava set for $220 on ebay. I think the only way anything scape would reach a few thousand bucks would be if they continued printing it and didnt reprint the first few waves. It would keep interest in the game and make the original sets very valuable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News