Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 20th, 2010, 07:20 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: I got my D3 today

I placed a very modest order with Auggie's of Horned Skull Brutes, Siege and Eltahale. The HSB's look awesome. Siege looks good. I though that Eltahale looked better in pictures.

I also ordered Ashigaru sets from Hasbro. I'm realy excited to play Kato + Ashigaru without proxies. I'm just not that excited about D3.
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM

sam113097 Woo who?

I just got mine, nothing was wrong any of my packs, but did anyone notice that according to the cards some parts of the orcs should be green( Capes, Robe thingies, etc.)

Samwise owns Frodo

If I had a nickel for everytime I was doomed by a puppet.....

Last edited by sam113097; November 20th, 2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:08 PM

in2bator has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by earendil504 View Post
I took a pass on DnDscape. I ordered all the glyphs and some purple order markers but the varying scale of the figures left me unexcited. I love the cards and think the designers did a real good on the game mechanics. I was wondering if the Moltenclaw scuplt is close to regular scale as this is one of the few figures I was thinking of getting. If anyone has a picture of Moltenclaw beside a true scape dragon please post it.
Unfortunately, Moltenclaw is not as big as the Classic dragons. He is quite small - the tallest part of his wings are at lower than the tips of Mimring's horns, with his head being nearly an 1.5-2 cm below that! His sculpt is decent, but the scale just sucks compared to what it used to be.

Good trades with SirGalahad, Nano*22, delphic, Talyn, Tartandoc, langfordrocks.
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM

earendil504 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2bator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earendil504 View Post
I took a pass on DnDscape. I ordered all the glyphs and some purple order markers but the varying scale of the figures left me unexcited. I love the cards and think the designers did a real good on the game mechanics. I was wondering if the Moltenclaw scuplt is close to regular scale as this is one of the few figures I was thinking of getting. If anyone has a picture of Moltenclaw beside a true scape dragon please post it.
Unfortunately, Moltenclaw is not as big as the Classic dragons. He is quite small - the tallest part of his wings are at lower than the tips of Mimring's horns, with his head being nearly an 1.5-2 cm below that! His sculpt is decent, but the scale just sucks compared to what it used to be.

Thanks for the info I thought that was the case when I did not see him next to another figure. That has been my opinion about DnDscape from the start, the 2nd hand figures detract from the feel and look of the game. They look like customs I was too lazy to do myself

Killing is my business, and business is good.
Old November 21st, 2010, 10:51 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's Moltenclaw. He's comparatively small, but I still like him. Nice sculpt, and good paint job and detailing, particularly by D&D standards.

Here's Siege next to Alaistar. He's a good size for 'Scape:

Here's Master of the Hunt with some Mohicans.

I'll post more pics from the wave this week.
Old November 21st, 2010, 11:28 PM

earendil504 Woo who?

Great pics Mossman. Both Moltenclaw and Siege seem smallish to me while the Master looks 9ft tall relatively. When I first seen Sieges card I imaged his size something on the line of a soulborg major. The whole Siege concept would have been on a soulborg in my opinion. By the way the custom terrain rocks. I love the Syvarris / Viking hybrid.

Killing is my business, and business is good.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

My last ever "rank the sculpts in the wave" post:
  1. Double weapon bugbear. Sylvano chose his avatar well.
  2. Mace bugbear.
  3. Axe bugbear. The HSBs all look great.
  4. Sword/eyepatch Death Chaser. That's a sweet suit of armor.
  5. Mezzodemon with the lowered trident. I think the paint job on these guys really came out great.
  6. Mace Death Chaser.
  7. Moltenclaw. Yeah, he's small, but he's still a pretty cool-looking dragon.
  8. Eltahale. She lacks a little luster/contrast in the paint job, but it's still a great sculpt with good detail.
  9. Mezzodemon with raised trident. I don't like this stance (reminds me of the sand people from Star Wars) but it's a nice-looking sculpt overall.
  10. Ice Troll Bezerker. Once you get over how big he "should" be, I think he looks pretty good. I also don't think he would have fit on a classic medium base, either.
  11. Siege. Very cool sculpt, shoddy paint job. Mine looks like somebody spraypainted it blue from two feet away after doing all the other paint. Could just be that one, though.
  12. Master of the Hunt
  13. Jagged Sword Death Chaser. Doesn't really fit with the other two.
  14. Frost Giant of Morh. The blue hair just doesn't look quite right to me.
  15. Ogre Pulverizer. Looks a little cartoonish to me.
  16. Crouching Death Knight. Nice detail and paint job, but just too small.
  17. Standing Death Knight. When you think about it, this guy must be even smaller since he's not even crouching.
  18. Evar Scarcarver. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Clerics in D&D are not adept at fighting.

Online Heroscape!
Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:00 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
My last ever "rank the sculpts in the wave" post:
  1. Double weapon bugbear. Sylvano chose his avatar well.
  2. Mace bugbear.
  3. Axe bugbear. The HSBs all look great.
  4. Sword/eyepatch Death Chaser. That's a sweet suit of armor.
  5. Mezzodemon with the lowered trident. I think the paint job on these guys really came out great.
  6. Mace Death Chaser.
  7. Moltenclaw. Yeah, he's small, but he's still a pretty cool-looking dragon.
  8. Eltahale. She lacks a little luster/contrast in the paint job, but it's still a great sculpt with good detail.
  9. Mezzodemon with raised trident. I don't like this stance (reminds me of the sand people from Star Wars) but it's a nice-looking sculpt overall.
  10. Ice Troll Bezerker. Once you get over how big he "should" be, I think he looks pretty good. I also don't think he would have fit on a classic medium base, either.
  11. Siege. Very cool sculpt, shoddy paint job. Mine looks like somebody spraypainted it blue from two feet away after doing all the other paint. Could just be that one, though.
  12. Master of the Hunt
  13. Jagged Sword Death Chaser. Doesn't really fit with the other two.
  14. Frost Giant of Morh. The blue hair just doesn't look quite right to me.
  15. Ogre Pulverizer. Looks a little cartoonish to me.
  16. Crouching Death Knight. Nice detail and paint job, but just too small.
  17. Standing Death Knight. When you think about it, this guy must be even smaller since he's not even crouching.
  18. Evar Scarcarver. Oh well.
I mostly agree with you. I'd put Moltenclaw a couple notches higher, and move Master of the Hunt above Eltahale. I'd drop the Ice Troll all the way to the bottom. I don't like anything about him.

I'm curious to see how Eltahale looks with a bit of drybrushing/touch-up. She has a good sculpt, but her paint job is pretty minimal. Same for the Death Knights, though repainting won't make them a decent size. Too bad they aren't a bit bigger.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:26 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Same for the Death Knights, though repainting won't make them a decent size. Too bad they aren't a bit bigger.
I don't really fine the DKoV to be too small, but their poses suck. Standing straight, they'd be about as tall as some of the game's humans. They do suffer from the same form of anorexia as the drow, though.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 23rd, 2010, 01:20 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

The DK's look short, but as it turns out:

They just aren't very brawny compared to the classic figs, but do match up with the other D&D figs...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old November 23rd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Got my Heroes of Fallcrest today. Luckily, there isn't anything really wrong with the figures other than their being out of scale. Moltenclaw's wing covers his LOS on his right side, making it nearly impossible for me to try and get anything with Burning Breath.

I almost ripped Eltahale off of her base because she has just a single peg holding her to it. Good thing I noticed it right away, otherwise I would have to have glued her back on (which wouldn't have been a big deal, really).

Evar is actually really cool looking in person. I just hope he does well.

Siege is fine as well. There are two barely noticeable white spots on his cape. He also seems to have somewhat of a blue tint to him all around. His sword has blue splotches along it, but the tip of it is the worst of them; it looks like the blood on his sword somehow lost its oxygen and turned blue again. Maybe he killed whatever he did in space....

The packaging wasn't a big concern, but it was taped closed. The plastic casing and the cardboard backing would not be connected had the tape not been there. Really, though, it doesn't matter much.

All in all, I really liked this pack. I haven't been able to test any of it, but It won't be long until I do. Until then, the sculpts will just sit there and look pretty (something they do quite well).
Old November 23rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That reminds me, the Ice Troll I received had one foot peg in and one foot peg out. It took me ~15 minutes of work with an knife and a pair of pliers to fix it. Some plastic was blocking up the hole so that the peg would not go in at first.

I like how the blue wash looks on my Seige though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News