Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Quahon

More rebasing tips.

First and most importantly! Go read dok's post on how to do the rebasing. Everything in there is gold. This post is meant to supplement that one, not replace it. Plus he has cool pics, and I don't.

So here's how I did my Quahon:
  1. Put Quahon on a map and surround her with other figures. Medium figs, as dok suggests. Note the way her tail perfectly fits into that groove between hexes, as dok's pictures show. It's almost eerie ... this dragon was made for Heroscape.
  2. Now pick Quahon straight up, leaving the surrounding figures right where they were.
  3. Put your base in there. I used a large double from YodaJunkie, but whatever base you like. Center the base on the two hexes.
  4. Put Quahon back in the neatly Quahon-shaped hole. Make sure her tail doesn't throw anybody off ... the tail was almost dragging the ground before, but now it's up a little, so make sure that doesn't cause any more problems. Jiggle her around until she sits in there perfectly and nobody around her is any more than slightly off-center (a couple of them will be, but just slightly).
  5. Now get rid of the surrounding figures--careful not to bump Quahon. You want her to remain perfectly motionless.
  6. Now pick Quhaon and the base up at the same time, not allowing her to slide in relation to the base. This is mildly tricky, but don't worry--it's the only tricky part, and it's not all that tricky. I found what was easiest for me was to use each of my thumbs to push each of her feet down on the base, firmly, then just sort of slide the base off the edge of the map. (This is easier if you've thought to position her close to the edge of the map in the first place.) My thumbs are wide enough to hang over her toes and press against the base, and I use the rest of my fingers (or at least the index and middle fingers) to reach around and grab the back side of the base. This lets me slide the whole thing off as if it were attached, even though it's not. Once I get half of her off the edge, I reposition the one hand so my thumb is still on top of her foot, but now my fingers are underneath the base, so I'm squeezing her foot on the base (like a clamp). Now I can pick up the whole thing and hold her one-handed.
  7. Throughout the remainder of the process I will maintain this grip. Careful not to let her pivot; if you hold her carefully, both her feet should stay in place even though you're only holding her with one hand. You may want to switch hands (i.e., clamp down with the other thumb on top and fingers underneath on the other foot until your grip is solid, then let go with the first hand), especially if your grip is shaky and/or your free hand is your off hand.
  8. Now, grab your glue. Personally I use Loctite Ultra Gel--if your glue is too runny, this is not going to work well, because you're going to be gluing up in the air. But the gel stuff is fantastic for this sort of application. Also the Loctite has that cool grippy thing on the sides that you can actually squeeze, which means you don't have to hold the glue upside down to get it to come out.
  9. Twist Quahon and base around whatever way lets you get the tip of your glue in between her foot (the one you're not clamping down on, obviously) and the base. Squeeze just a bit of glue out onto the bottom of her foot.
  10. Now set your glue down quickly and grab one of the two clamps you've got ready to go. Clamp the free foot down the base. Make sure you've got a solid grip that won't slide off.
  11. Now you can let go of the other foot and just repeat the process: slide the glue tip in, squeeze a drop, clamp the foot down. It's much easier this time because the first clamp is doing the hard part, and you can just hold Quahon by the tail, or wings, or whatever.
  12. Now she's glued solidly to the base, perfectly positioned, and clamped there for drying. Set her on her tail or somesuch and just wander off. I like to wait a full day, but, honestly, a few hours (or even just a few minutes) is all you really need with today's super-glues. But waiting a day makes me feel like the glue is going to hold better, and, really: isn't it all about peace of mind?
  13. Notice that I didn't fiddle with any of that cutting-out-holes-in-the-sticker-for-the-feet stuff. (Nor did dok, FTM.) Had I wanted to, it would have been difficult with this method. I suppose I probably would have just sliced the sticker with a sharp razor blade (e.g. exacto knife, utility knife) underneath where the feet would land. I think that's sufficient if your goal is let the glue bond directly to the base as opposed to only bonding to the sticker. I even briefly considered doing that, then I realized I'd be much happier if I just glued and clamped.

And that's basically it. Note that the only thing I did really differently from dok was that I didn't sharpie around the feet. With my method, this wasn't necessary. Which is mainly what I was trying to avoid, since I totally would have screwed that up and ended up with sharpie marks all over my base.

Good luck to everyone! Perhaps tomorrow I'll come back and post a pic of the finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok

I probably could have gotten away with just clamping the right foot, but I figured I may as well use both clamps.
Ha! Great pic (and tutorial, BTW). If my feet were getting clamped, I would be screaming as well.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:11 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Anyone have any Quahons for sale?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I have a few Quahons left.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:38 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
I have a few Quahons left.
PM sent.

Old December 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM

JNellZ22 is surprisingly tart

Don't get me wrong, I love the sculpt. I think it's great. But technically to be considered a dragon. Doesn't it have to to have 6 limbs? 4 legs/arms and two wings? I believe this sculpt would technically be considered a wyvern? Correct me if I am wrong
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNellZ22 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love the sculpt. I think it's great. But technically to be considered a dragon. Doesn't it have to to have 6 limbs? 4 legs/arms and two wings? I believe this sculpt would technically be considered a wyvern? Correct me if I am wrong
There have been several fierce discussions on this topic in public and in private.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:31 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

How about this cool proxy I got through chas? Unfortunately, she needs five hexes to stand on!

As the Gang of Four is meeting at my place on January 11, I'll be building the map - with plenty of space for her!
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:36 PM

This are the issues we must deal with when we have to use another companies sculpt. Just think of it this way. Dragons on that world evolved different than the ones where braxas and nilf came from. If you are still losing sleep over it... Remember ... If you are playing a game where you accept elves fighting dragons and robots, is it really that far fetched a dragon might only have 4 appendeges?

Old December 24th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
This are the issues we must deal with when we have to use another companies sculpt. Just think of it this way. Dragons on that world evolved different than the ones where braxas and nilf came from. If you are still losing sleep over it... Remember ... If you are playing a game where you accept elves fighting dragons and robots, is it really that far fetched a dragon might only have 4 appendeges?
Not to mention that the dragons all have varying arm sizes. Zelrig and Mimring have forelegs the same size as their hind legs, Nilfhiem has somewhat smaller forelegs, and Braxas' are nearly non-existent, almost like a T. Rex. Quahon could have simply evolved from a dragon like Braxas to the point that the tiny arms weren't needed anymore, and they were dropped altogether.
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quahon is different from the rest of the dragons, yeah, but Mimring and Braxas and Nilfheim are all so different that it doesn't bother me. I just imagine that dragon "ethnicities" have a much wider variation... or perhaps they're simply different species all under the larger heading of "dragon."

I would imagine Quahon likely spends much of her time in the air (what with her lightning powers), so she'd use her feet for grasping and holding. Two sets of arms may be a bit excessive in that context.
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNellZ22 View Post
Wyverns are a type of dragon. The only difference is the number of limbs. (Except for in DnD; I have no clue why they had to make them different.)

So yeah, technically she's a Wyvern, but since we have to use the DnD definition of Wyvern (as they are a seperate species over there), then she is a Dragon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs