Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old June 17th, 2020, 07:36 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Quote:
Also, making a movement power conditional on where a figure ends their movement seems like it might run into the same problems that plague charging assault?
You're probably right on this count.

15 seems fine for now, that's a dial we can turn in testing.

We could do a range and justify it as some kind of bolt from her trident, but I'd have to see how the diversity of ranged units vs melee pans out.
Old June 18th, 2020, 12:28 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

15 sounds like a good spot to test at. If we do give her range, then I'd say equal range to her healing ability. If she lets figures move through water without stopping if they are adjacent to her at any point in moving, then that would cover instances where they start and stop next to her
Old June 19th, 2020, 02:08 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m a-ok with either range or melee here. Range would help give her value when compared to Kelda, which is nice.

15 is a good value for the healing, especially if it can be boosted.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 19th, 2020, 06:54 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I’m a-ok with either range or melee here. Range would help give her value when compared to Kelda, which is nice.

15 is a good value for the healing, especially if it can be boosted.
Agreed. I think we should choose one direction for now, with the understanding that it might be best to change it for the variety of the set as a whole, either in the mix of range/melee heroes, or point cost diversification.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 03:01 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post

Quote:
WATER HEALER
Aquilla (Or Einar if named Durnipia)
5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
While Kiora is on a land space, that space and all same-level spaces adjacent to Kiora are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures who start or end their move adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Kiora, you may roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a ?15? or higher, remove a wound from that figure's army card.
I like how this version of healing waters makes her more unique as a healer by allowing her to heal multiple heroes at once, but I'd also be on board with Zetsubo's version which has the potential to more consistently heal a single hero.
I really liked Cap S's draft here. How do we feel about this as a starting point? I added a phrase to the first power, bolded.
Flame, do you want to edit OP?
Old June 27th, 2020, 06:46 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

OP updated. I've set the tentative cost to 80 because I can see the movement bit being strong on water heavy maps, but purely in a non-competitve sense.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 27th, 2020, 07:29 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
OP updated. I've set the tentative cost to 80 because I can see the movement bit being strong on water heavy maps, but purely in a non-competitve sense.
80 sounds like a good place to start. A part of me would prefer a different value just for the sake of being different from Kelda, but I'm okay with it.

However, as I mentioned above, CARRIED BY WAVES should probably be edited to only work for figures who start their turn adjacent to Kiora, not end their turn. Otherwise I think we run into the same problems that we have with Charging Assault. Other than that I really like this as a solid start.
Old June 27th, 2020, 07:36 PM
I could go

Fixed.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 29th, 2020, 03:28 PM

I like that draft. Did we all agree on her theme? If so we can change it to Durnipia/Einar and possibly come up with a species name.
Old July 5th, 2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I like that draft. Did we all agree on her theme? If so we can change it to Durnipia/Einar and possibly come up with a species name.
I don't have a strong preference either way. Either Durnipia/Einar or RANDOM ALIEN NAME/Aquila works for me. The only combination I'm set against would be Durnipia following Aquila.
Old July 6th, 2020, 05:18 PM

Let's go with the former. Flame, could you edit the OP?
Old July 25th, 2020, 05:14 PM

@flameslayer it doesn't look like the OP has been updated yet with the name and general of the figure. It seems to me like we're almost ready to get Durnipia into editing? Is it too soon to start thinking about the left box stats? Also, what planet would she be from? Possibly Arctorus? I don't necessarily love using a planet that was introduced by C3V as the home planet for a character who has existed in classic lore for much longer than C3V has even been around, but I wouldn't get too hung up on that. I think a case could also potentially be made for having her hail from Valhalla. How about:

Durnipia
Einar
Aquan
Unique Hero
Priestess
Merciful?
MEDIUM (probably 5)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs