Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 30th, 2008, 08:47 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Go Steelers. Yay for the win. A horrible ugly win but a win nonetheless. Thank heavens we have a stellar defense that scores as many points as our offense. I can't understand how a team could have such a horrible Offensive line. I hope things get fixed quick.
You beat me to it gamjuven, I was about to comment on 'what the hell has happened to the Steelers' even though they won last night. A win is a win I guess, no matter how ugly.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old September 30th, 2008, 09:18 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart

Hey Bannister and KingArthur1976, since you guys are Titans fans I 've got a question for both of you. There's been some discussion up here in Detroit about Floyd Reese being a contender for the next GM of the Lions. Is this guy any good? Obviously, he could never fill Millen's shoes, if you know what I mean. But is this the type of GM that could give us long-suffering Lions fans a glimmer of hope? Thanks.

Old October 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

I'll put it to you this way.

Eddie George, Jevon Kearse, Steve McNair, Vince Young(ok well have to see here but still..)

How did your draft picks turn out?

You will have to give him time. But yeah, I think he would work out just fine. Like you said, he couldn't exactly do worse now could he.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:54 AM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Bannister brings up a good point here. Reese is a good "football" guy. It will take a few years to hash out a good administration, but I think he would make good strides in improving the situation in Pontiac.

Just be glad you ain't got Al Davis in your corner. Would somebody please put that senile old bastard out of his misery. (or my misery for that matter)

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old October 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart

Thanks guys. Maybe the Lions will finally get this one right.

As for Al Davis, I'd hate for him to be the owner of my team. But Oakland still has accomplished more in the last thirty years than the Lions have in the last fifty.

Old October 1st, 2008, 02:01 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Go Steelers. Yay for the win. A horrible ugly win but a win nonetheless. Thank heavens we have a stellar defense that scores as many points as our offense. I can't understand how a team could have such a horrible Offensive line. I hope things get fixed quick.
You beat me to it gamjuven, I was about to comment on 'what the hell has happened to the Steelers' even though they won last night. A win is a win I guess, no matter how ugly.
Give the Ravens some credit here, especially Flacco. We Ravens fans haven't had an offense for years. It was a tough loss, but I was very happy with how the Ravens played, and stayed in the game after giving up 14 points in 15 seconds. That was a great drive to tie it up at 20 points. Had the Steelers not gained good yardage on the next to last play, the outcome of the game could has been much different.
Old October 1st, 2008, 05:01 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Give the Ravens some credit here, especially Flacco. We Ravens fans haven't had an offense for years. It was a tough loss, but I was very happy with how the Ravens played, and stayed in the game after giving up 14 points in 15 seconds. That was a great drive to tie it up at 20 points. Had the Steelers not gained good yardage on the next to last play, the outcome of the game could has been much different.

Isn't Flacco a rookie? He looked great. Ravens have needed a quarterback for soo long.
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:40 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

So what the heck is it that we were getting at? The Steelers are 4-1. I'm going to stick to my home town team from now on, apparently I can't judge squat outside of New England.

Old October 13th, 2008, 07:52 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Panthers went from a #2 seed to out of the Playoffs in one game! Good thing there's 11 weeks left...

EDIT: So many favored teams ended up losing - well, it was nearly impossible! At any rate, Carolina slipped to the 6 seed instead of entirely out.

Last edited by Soul Shackle; October 18th, 2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old October 13th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Half an hour and we go for 5-0 baby!

Go Big Blue!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old October 13th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Just posted this for the Red Sox performance tonight and the Pats deserve one for yesterday.

Old October 13th, 2008, 11:05 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Just posted this for the Red Sox performance tonight and the Pats deserve one for yesterday.

Not a good couple of days for Boston teams eh?

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV