Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old January 8th, 2021, 07:15 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: C3V/SoV 3D Printable Proxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Now that I have a brand new computer, I can run scans in less than 2 hours compared to 12+ hours. I've already created models of 20+ C3V figures. I just need to clean them up and post them.
I'm so sorry - I'm sure we discussed "textured" models for TTS before. Is that possible?
Old January 8th, 2021, 07:32 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Now that I have a brand new computer, I can run scans in less than 2 hours compared to 12+ hours. I've already created models of 20+ C3V figures. I just need to clean them up and post them.
I'm so sorry - I'm sure we discussed "textured" models for TTS before. Is that possible?
I will be posting the models with textures, but they will need to be cleaned up for TTS.
Old January 8th, 2021, 08:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Understood!
Old January 8th, 2021, 09:22 PM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
I will be posting the models with textures, but they will need to be cleaned up for TTS.
Where would you be posting these?
Old January 9th, 2021, 04:04 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Set of lower resolution C3V scans (mostly in Blender)

Higher resolution C3V scans

These files need cleanup before printing.

SCALE

@TREX

As for scale, the scale is not absolute--it depends on where the camera is placed relative to the figures.

Many of the C3V figures and the D1-D3 figures have non-standard base sizes.

Here are the correct base sizes for various figures so that the figure can be scaled correctly:

Figure: Diameter (in inches)
D1-D3 D&D figures: 1.00"
Gorilla Troopers: 1.558"
Heroclix (Soldier and others): 1.360"
Quahon (outside toe to outside toe wide): 2.1"
Skull demon (Skeletons, Nhih Scrihr, Cathar): 1.190"
Varkaanan Wolves: 1.565"
Agaumo: 1.9"
Zettian Deathwings (across the flats): .987"
Zombie Hulk: 1.9"
Major J15: 2.0"

Last edited by White Knight; January 9th, 2021 at 11:15 AM.
Old January 9th, 2021, 11:17 AM

Some Havech Eradicators I scanned:

Havech Eradicator scan 1
Havech Eradicator scan 2
Havech Eradicator scan 3
Havech Eradicator scan 4
Havech Eradicator bases
Old January 9th, 2021, 05:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Here are a few of WK's Scans that I fixed and scaled.
Arashara Goshiri

Beorn Boltcutter

Bramcephys

These are all to scale exactly. I have all these figures and was able to measure them to the exact, then scaled accordingly. If printing in Resin, Bramcephys will need to be cut into pieces for all smaller build plates. I am planning on keying his arms.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 10th, 2021, 10:50 AM

TheRaptorD is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thank you White Knight ! I can't wait to print some new guys on my cr6-se ! (if you have some Marro gnids it would be awesome )
Old January 10th, 2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRaptorD View Post
Thank you White Knight ! I can't wait to print some new guys on my cr6-se ! (if you have some Marro gnids it would be awesome )
The Gnids are in the directory I posted. They just need a little processing.
Old January 10th, 2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Here are a few of WK's Scans that I fixed and scaled.
Arashara Goshiri

Beorn Boltcutter

Bramcephys

These are all to scale exactly. I have all these figures and was able to measure them to the exact, then scaled accordingly. If printing in Resin, Bramcephys will need to be cut into pieces for all smaller build plates. I am planning on keying his arms.
Normally I would smooth out some of the artifact pits and bumps, remove unwanted bridges, thicken and fix swords and other thin pieces, close holes, and other types of repairs during cleanup (for example the pit in Bramcephys's right temple above his eye). That's why it normally takes me 1/2 hour or so per figure to do the cleanup.
Old January 10th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Not sure if all the raw scans are the same typically but I've resized up 600% to get to where the ones I've done look proper sized. As far as the ones WK has completed they need to be enlarged 2540% I believe.
I moved this discussion to the C3V thread, but in short: the RAW scans are NOT to scale. They need to be sized by the base or by the size of the actual figure.

During processing is when I correct the scale.
How do you determine scale? I've just trial and errored it. If I can find exact measurements of a figure somewhere I can adjust to exact size but unless I have one I can't just measure it myself.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 10th, 2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not sure if all the raw scans are the same typically but I've resized up 600% to get to where the ones I've done look proper sized. As far as the ones WK has completed they need to be enlarged 2540% I believe.
I moved this discussion to the C3V thread, but in short: the RAW scans are NOT to scale. They need to be sized by the base or by the size of the actual figure.

During processing is when I correct the scale.
How do you determine scale? I've just trial and errored it. If I can find exact measurements of a figure somewhere I can adjust to exact size but unless I have one I can't just measure it myself.
SCALE
Many of the C3V figures and the D1-D3 figures have non-standard base sizes.

Here are the correct base sizes for various figures so that the figure can be scaled correctly:

Figure: Diameter (in inches)
D1-D3 D&D figures: 1.00"
Gorilla Troopers: 1.558"
Heroclix (Soldier and others): 1.360"
Quahon (outside toe to outside toe wide): 2.1"
Skull demon (Skeletons, Nhih Scrihr, Cathar): 1.190"
Varkaanan Wolves: 1.565"
Agaumo: 1.9"
Zettian Deathwings (across the flats): .987"
Zombie Hulk: 1.9"
Major J15: 2.0"

For ones not listed, look for ones from the same company. For example, the Varkaanan are from Confrontation. So are the Cathar Spearmen. So the base sizes are the same.

If you have a specific figure you are unsure about, post it here and I'll try to give more exact information. I don't have all the figures, which is why I measured the bases before returning them to their owner.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing