Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old April 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart
Re: Project Pokemon Trainer Cards: Super Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
Super Nerd

Calculated Advantage
Anytime you roll the twenty sided die you may add one to your roll. Whenever your opponent rolls the twenty sided die, you may subtract 1 from their roll.

Careful Planning
Choose one pokemon creature in your army. Pokemon with that name that you control roll 1 additional defense die against types they are Weak to.

I like calculated advantage, but why not just say "Whenever the twenty-sided die is rolled, you may add or subtract 1 from the roll."

Careful Planning is fine with me too, though it doesn't say when you choose.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Super Nerd

Careful Planning
Choose one pokemon creature in your army. Pokemon with that name that you control roll 1 additional defense die against types they are Weak to.
I'm glad you came up with something for Super Nerd. I've been scratching my head since yesterday trying to come up with something.

I'm confused about how Careful Planning works. Normally, Pokemon roll 1 less Defense versus Pokemon they are weak against. Does Careful Planning cancel that out? Or does it cancel AND add 1 extra die?

Option 1
Careful Planning
It the beginning of the game, choose one Pokemon in your army. Pokemon with that name that you control may ignore Weaknesses when rolling Defense Dice.

Option 2
Careful Planning
It the beginning of the game, choose one Pokemon in your army. Pokemon with that name that you control may ignore Weaknesses when rolling Defense Dice and instead may roll 1 extra die when defending against a Pokemon they are weak against.
Old April 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Originally I had it just canceling out the Weakness die reduction but I think it actually is cooler for it to cancel out and give a bonus as your option 2 does.

The Juggler looks good. I think I like the first Juggler picture better of the two. The multicolor border is good for any of the typeless Trainers. Super Nerd's border should be Purple, yellow and red.

Old April 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally I had it just canceling out the Weakness die reduction but I think it actually is cooler for it to cancel out and give a bonus as your option 2 does.
I think this is a good idea. So, the second Careful Planning.
Quote:
The Juggler looks good. I think I like the first Juggler picture better of the two. The multicolor border is good for any of the typeless Trainers. Super Nerd's border should be Purple, yellow and red.
I was going to suggest the generic red for the Juggler's border, but when you put it this way, I suppose I agree.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old April 14th, 2011, 11:23 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Here is what Supernerd looks like right now:

Comments?
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:09 PM

It looks good, apart from the art, which we already pointed out as a concern.

Minor wording nitpick:

Careful Planning

At the beginning of the game, choose one Pokemon in your army. Pokemon that you control with the same name as that Pokemon...

Seems like a grammatical issue. You're choosing a pokemon, not a name.

FiddlerJones Customs
Old April 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM

Supernerd v2

Any more comments or are we ready to move on?
(Again, I'll work on the picture later.)
Old April 21st, 2011, 05:40 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I think we're ready to move on.

America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:20 PM

Up next:

Jr. Trainer♂

A Camper (Japanese: キャンプボーイ Camp Boy) is a type of Pokémon Trainer that first debuted in the Generation I games. They are generally depicted as little boys in uniforms.

They raise a variety of Pokémon, mainly those that would be found in the woods.

In the past, they have also been known as Jr. Trainers♂. In Pokémon Red and Green Versions, they are called ボーイスカウト Boy Scout, although supposedly this had to be changed for legal reasons. Their female counterparts appear to be Picnickers.

My suggestions (to go with the Boy Scout theme):

Jr. Trainer♂
Preferred types: Bug, Flying, Normal

Be Prepared
You may add 3 to every initiative roll.

First Aid
Each turn, you may choose 1 Pokemon in your start zone and roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 11 or higher, remove 1 wound marker from that Pokemon.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:26 PM

I think that looks good. Maybe make the First Aid ability activate at the begining/end of the round

--NightSwipe--
Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:48 PM

I like it. You could call it "Do a Good Turn Daily," if we want to go with the Scout slogan/motto theme... heh.

FiddlerJones Customs
Old April 26th, 2011, 11:06 AM

Re: Project Pokemon Trainer Cards: Jr. Trainer♂

How does this look?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum