Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old December 21st, 2010, 09:24 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: Mankey!

Sounds good. Are we ready for a vote?

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old December 21st, 2010, 09:25 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We still need a point cost.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Wow...a pokemon that was suggested and wasn't changed at all in the end. I'm proud of us all!

Creator of Nowdays.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Wow...a pokemon that was suggested and wasn't changed at all in the end. I'm proud of us all!
I think we were all just grateful for a simple, easy to test pokemon.

Also I propose that we price Mankey at 40. He's a mobile, decent attacker, but won't stick around for very long. I could even see dropping him to 30, but forty seems like a good start.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Theracus has nearly the same stats as Mankey:
M T
Life 3 3
Move 6 7
Range 1 1
Attack 3 3
Defense 3 3

The question is, how do Vital Spirit and Low Kick compare with Carry and Flying?

No one takes Theracus for his fighting ability--he's taken for his Flying and Carry abilities.

I don't think anyone will take Mankey for Vital Spirit, unless they're going against a Mind Flayer, Dund, Drowzee, or Jigglypuff.

I'm thinking 30-35 points for Mankey.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I say start with 35. The Blue Wyrmling has flying and a special attack, and he's 35. Mankey has a special ability and a special attack, similar to the Blue Wyrmling.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
I say start with 35. The Blue Wyrmling has flying and a special attack, and he's 35. Mankey has a special ability and a special attack, similar to the Blue Wyrmling.
The Blue Wrymling also has bonding, a special attack that can hit two figures, flying, and an extra attack. Mankey has two extra life, but that hinders him more than it helps because OM management problems. So I'm leaning towards 30.

@WK. I've lost Jotun to Theracus before. Don't doubt the power of 7 move and 3 attack. Or maybe I just suck really bad.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:20 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
@WK. I've lost Jotun to Theracus before. Don't doubt the power of 7 move and 3 attack. Or maybe I just suck really bad.
It happens.

In one of my playtests, a Pidgey delivered the final blow to Mimring!
Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:25 PM

I've always thought of Pidgey as being fairly competitive. He's common with a pretty high mobility and he can really disrupt your opponent's unit placement. For 15 points he's a steal. Although I still wouldn't have thought of him being able to take out Mimring.

Do you think we should set up a Project Pokemon Strategy Thread where we can discuss things like this?

Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Do you think we should set up a Project Pokemon Strategy Thread where we can discuss things like this?
Probably after WA gets the Display thread up and working.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Probably after WA gets the Display thread up and working.
It would probably be better just to create "book of" threads for finalized cards. That way we can keep the strategy discussion concise and organized. If the display gets put up within the next few days I'd be willing to stay up and put the books together.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 08:18 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I could see 30 points for Mankey. After thinking about it, you would draft Mankey against Theracus, because he is a large figure.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum