Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 12th, 2011, 12:17 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon 2011 - Herscape: Tournament of Champions sign up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok;

Although by the time Sunday rolls around, all I'll have left is Iskra and the Rechets

Man you must have a small collection...
I think he means he will have won an event with every unit. I have not confirmed going to Gencon, but if I do, my imputus will be to win an event ASAP just to enter this. I like 10th * 4, Raelin, and a 100-120 point hero and filler, maybe siege or iron golum and marcu.
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Added SWninja and brownsfan to list.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:47 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Heavy gruts seemed like the obvious choice. (Reavers, too, but not once you realize everyone else would bring gruts).

But once you realize everyone else is thinking heavies, you just decide to bring 10th.
10th should do very well in HoB and in Capture the Flag, but might struggle a lot in Treasure Quest (your only hope is to camp on the treasure, although that might work) and Reverse the Whip. If you make finals you should do well against a bonding-heavy metagame, but you need to go 4-0 or a lucky 3-1 to make finals.

Last edited by dok; May 12th, 2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: thanks Ry
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

TOC is only 4 rounds with a 1 game final.

So I think you meant 4-0 or 3-1.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
TOC is only 4 rounds with a 1 game final.

So I think you meant 4-0 or 3-1.
Yes, that's what I meant.

If we have the full 24 players start the tournament, then at the beginning of the fourth round, there will be 3 3-0 players and 9 2-1 players. Two of the three 3-0 players will match up, so there's going to be one 4-0 player emerging from that game. The other 3-0 player will be playing a 2-1 player. If the 3-0 player wins we have two 4-0 players, who play in the finals. If the 2-1 player wins, then it will come down to strength of schedule between the 6 3-1 players to decide who faces the 4-0 player in the finals.
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:50 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Heavy gruts seemed like the obvious choice. (Reavers, too, but not once you realize everyone else would bring gruts).

But once you realize everyone else is thinking heavies, you just decide to bring 10th.
10th should do very well in HoB and in Capture the Flag, but might struggle a lot in Treasure Quest (your only hope is to camp on the treasure, although that might work) and Reverse the Whip. If you make finals you should do well against a bonding-heavy metagame, but you need to go 4-0 or a lucky 3-1 to make finals.
Reverse is tough, but I think treasure quest is pretty doable. Rae could fly and grab a treasure, and then you just set your mom on the others. No one's moving her.

Last edited by fomox; May 12th, 2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: I do not actually know dok's mom, in either the normal or biblical sense. YOUR mom, though...
Old May 12th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Count me in.
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:35 AM

KaBoomboomBoom has disabled reputation

I'm in - Lightweight 2010.

Last edited by KaBoomboomBoom; May 20th, 2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old May 20th, 2011, 04:26 AM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in because, well, the thought of Matthias being the champion of champions makes me want to puke!
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison View Post
I'm in because, well, the thought of Matthias being the champion of champions makes me want to puke!
Do I know you? Spider....Spider... ah yes the Itsy Bitsy Spider that I forced into retirement over a year ago when I destroyed his 'trons with my orcs.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 20th, 2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Between Girltrainchoochoo and Itsy Bitsy spider the smack talk will by flying everywhere!!
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:04 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm in - Heat of Battle 2010.

Oh, that's right.... LW won that event because his Orcs cheated and wouldn't die.

Never mind.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoomboomBoom View Post
I'm in - Lightweight 2010.
I'll have to win something on Thursday so I'm not just watching you guys.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con