Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 28th, 2009, 03:54 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
High Risk/High Reward attacks

I have been working on some ideas for some customs and was looking at making something along the lines of the Wolve of Badrus pounce attack where there is a risk involved with using the special ability.

My thought was for a Master Swordsman of sorts that would have the ability to move and attack (think of Trample Stomp) but would have to make the entire movement on their turn.

Let me explain...

For this demonstration I will call him Sargon...

Sargon starts his turn 2 spaces away from 1 Krav Maga Agent...4 spaces from another and 6 spaces from the third.

On his turn he would be able to take his movement of 6 and engage and attack each KMA 1 time each along the way. Since he has to disenage each one they would get the passing swipes if in fact he did not destory them during the attack. The other though is that they get a passing swipe regardless of the disengage after he attacks each figure which I kind of like better.

Thoughts?
Old February 28th, 2009, 04:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: High Risk/High Reward attacks

Cool concept.

Maybe instead of allowing him to keep going even if he doesn't destroy the figure, he has to stop, but if he does destroy the fig, then he can keep going.

Possibly allow a fig that survives and stops his movement to use counter strike.

Sort of changes the whole concept of risk/reward though.

-insert signature here-
Old February 28th, 2009, 05:33 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the fact that his movement is not stopped as the ability allows to move through enemy lines ala any sword fight movie with large battles. Sargon charges the lines killing commons and softening up heroes. He could even bond with a squad with a similar ability. The rif-raf clash with swords beating against shields or what ever numbers falling on both sides. The idea rings of epic-ness! Could include a Tarn-ish beserker charge ability for a unique unit as well. I am very excited!
Old February 28th, 2009, 07:34 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

He doesnt stop because he has his attack patter planned out before he moves. Think of one of the battle scenes from Star Wars or 300 etc...the swordsman steps up and swings at his first target then spins towards the second and so on. In all reality his attempt to slaughter up to 6 figs could be his demise.
Old February 28th, 2009, 07:58 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

That sounds like a great idea Onacara. I like your description of how it is like a Star Wars or LotR scene. I can really visualize that.
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:32 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

A yes, the blood lust scene in 300, perfect comparison... I like it.

-insert signature here-
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:03 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

Very interesting idea. I see two distinctly different possible approaches depending on how one envisions the character.

1) Pure killing spree: kill an enemy, move on to the next. In this case I think he should only be allowed to 'move on' when and if the current target is destroyed. This would make him some sort of mini Tor-Kul-Na. The difference could be when you say that Sargon is just not allowed to disengage during this attack. This would still allow him to continue moving as long as he remains engaged to the character. You'd have to specify wether it's allowed to attack the same character more than once in this case.

2) Going after the Big Boss, but there's minions in between.
In this case he is allowed\forced to move on to the next target even if the current one survives the attack until he reaches his final target. If the current target survives he takes a disengagement strike. Sargon is only allowed to attack any figure once in this scenario.

I think #2 is where you want to go. It could be made even more interesting by making the attack on the in-between targets rather weak (Sargon is more interested in passing than killing) and the attack on the final\main target a lot stronger (he\she is the one Sargon's after).
Old March 2nd, 2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
I think #2 is where you want to go. It could be made even more interesting by making the attack on the in-between targets rather weak (Sargon is more interested in passing than killing) and the attack on the final\main target a lot stronger (he\she is the one Sargon's after).
I like that a lot pegasus, great approach.

So maybe two attack dice on the targets you're passing, and four (or maybe five) on the final. Could also possibly tie the number of final attacks on how many passing swipes succeed on your way.

Sargon attacks three figures on his way to put the killing blow on the final target. He's successfully kills two of those figures, but the 3rd survives and inflicts a wound on the passing swipe. Due to taking that wound, Sargon gets one less attack die against his final target (two less attack dice if he failed to kill two and both inflicted a wound on the swipe, etc...).

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; March 2nd, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Great idea Onacara! I'm going to make some customs with abilities like those!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

I made a custom that had a power just like this.
Great idea!

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards