Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 14th, 2008, 03:42 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dragon Healing/Swoop while engaged

Per the rules, a figure can only attack adjacent figures while engaged in combat. If Sonlen is engaged, does this apply his dragon's powers also?

My stance is that the Dragon Swoop isn't an "attack" by the formal definition, mainly since it involves a d20 roll, so Sonlen can be engaged while his dragon is swooping at another figure 4 spaces away.

I think this rule would apply to any power that isn't a "special attack", such as Dust of Death, Stare of Stone, etc.
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dragon Healing/Swoop while engaged

Your stance is absolutely correct, both for Sonlen and for the other examples you mention. But don't forget that being engaged to a dragon or other bulky figure can sometimes block clear sight to your preferred targets. Even when disobeying the rules of engagement, you still have to see to shoot.
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:48 PM

Rythos has disabled reputation
This has always seemed to be an ability and not an attack to me(thus not bound by engagement)

I've been wrong before though.....

Generous deed should not be checked by cold counsel
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:10 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Unless it says SPECIAL ATTACK, it's just an ability and thus not subject to engagement rules.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:29 AM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
Your right, and that is what I like about Sonlen. He is quick becoming one of my favorite characters.
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:09 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD997
Your right, and that is what I like about Sonlen. He is quick becoming one of my favorite characters.
As he is mine. When I first got SotM, I didn't think much of him was less, but my view has of him grown considerably since. Good life, decent ranged attack, plus 1/3.5 chance of healing and inflicting an unblockable wound. Not bad, I'd say.

Old January 15th, 2008, 12:30 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I love Sonlen...read my sig.
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD997
As he is mine. When I first got SotM, I didn't think much of him was less, but my view has of him grown considerably since. Good life, decent ranged attack, plus 1/3.5 chance of healing and inflicting an unblockable wound. Not bad, I'd say.
Quite good actually. Though he is relatively expensive, if he is played well, he is invaluable in any battle.
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:35 PM

thaddeus p whirl has disabled reputation
Part of a hero's strength comes from how much he can "do" on his turn. For squads with Hero bonding, this problem takes care of itself, because you are basically getting a free extra activation with the hero. Sonlen's ability to make use of his two abilities and his great attack every turn make him a strong hero in my book. Hopefully some elf squads in the future will make use of Elf Archmage or Wizard bonding, similar to Human Champion bonding we see on Knights of Weston!
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:46 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Multitasking is really a necessity for heroes. Otherwise, there's no way (aside from having ridiculously high stats) they'd be able to keep up with the multiple attack of squads each turn. This is why most heroes that are widely used either having bonding options or multiple "attacks." Sonlen has already been made an archmage so that he won't work with Ulginesh. I doubt there will ever be (official) squads that bond with him.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
When I got the SotM, I thought Sonlen would be it's saving grace. On paper he's a beautiful specimen, but in practice, he's had such horrible horrible luck. I've used him in at least 5 or 6 games, where he's failed more than, or close to 90 % of the rolls for swooping and healing (I do keep track).

Statistically, he's got to turn around for me at some point... but for now, it seems as if he is cursed with me, or I with him.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
When I got the SotM, I thought Sonlen would be it's saving grace. On paper he's a beautiful specimen, but in practice, he's had such horrible horrible luck. I've used him in at least 5 or 6 games, where he's failed more than, or close to 90 % of the rolls for swooping and healing (I do keep track).

Statistically, he's got to turn around for me at some point... but for now, it seems as if he is cursed with me, or I with him.
Wow, you had the opposite experience I did. The first time I played with him, I had him and the Silver Surfer in a 500 point army. I ended up doing more damage with Sonlan and his two attacks than I did with SS's one. Granted, my opponents had quite a few squads, but he was still awesome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's