Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old September 10th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Pit Trap Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Edit: I would also let units fly out . . . so not being able to teleport units out is making more sense now . . . .
Good point, and why couldn't Huge creatures just walk out? I guess I'm now leaning towards "glyph trumps all special powers."
Old September 10th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can see this going either way. Arguments for both sides are strong. We'll see what GB and team come up with. I'm sure it's getting some debate there as well.

As usual: the game won't be less enjoyable whichever way this gets ruled.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old September 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM

fetidsockpuppet Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Good point, and why couldn't Huge creatures just walk out? I guess I'm now leaning towards "glyph trumps all special powers."
I think we need to view the glyph as more of a magic sticky glue spot than a pit.

Old September 11th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Since several have emphasized the word "move" in both the pit trap and summon abilities, what about TBR teleport where it doesn't use the word move, but uses "place". In fact, his teleportation ability specifically says "instead of moving ... Place TBR on the chosen space"

I'm just pointing this out because if you base your argument on the fact that the glyph says you can't "move", so an ability that has "move" is stopped, then you couldn't use the same argument for an ability that uses something other than "move" but has the same effect.

Personally, I could see the ruling going either way. But I tend to lean towards the summoning working because if the intent was for it not to work, then the wording on the glyph would have been similar to cyberclaw which specifically states "...cannot be moved by any special power", but on the other hand it does state "The figure can move off the Glyph of Proftaka only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space" -- so, is being moved (i.e., summoned) the same as moving under your own power?
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM

goofyjay2 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Since several have emphasized the word "move" in both the pit trap and summon abilities, what about TBR teleport where it doesn't use the word move, but uses "place". In fact, his teleportation ability specifically says "instead of moving ... Place TBR on the chosen space"

I'm just pointing this out because if you base your argument on the fact that the glyph says you can't "move", so an ability that has "move" is stopped, then you couldn't use the same argument for an ability that uses something other than "move" but has the same effect.

Personally, I could see the ruling going either way. But I tend to lean towards the summoning working because if the intent was for it not to work, then the wording on the glyph would have been similar to cyberclaw which specifically states "...cannot be moved by any special power", but on the other hand it does state "The figure can move off the Glyph of Proftaka only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space" -- so, is being moved (i.e., summoned) the same as moving under your own power?
The special power Engagement Strike regards moving and placing as synonymous, so it seems we have a precedent that indicates you would not be able to summon/carry off of the Glyph.

As I indicated before the Glyph currently trumps special powers in my games; however, I don't think it makes any of the figures mentioned broken if they can use their special powers to save someone (Drake and Tul-Bak-Ra would get the biggest benefit since they would not be hindered by the Glyph).

Anyway, looking forward to the final outcome.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:16 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyjay2 View Post
The special power Engagement Strike regards moving and placing as synonymous, so it seems we have a precedent that indicates you would not be able to summon/carry off of the Glyph.
Agreed. Here is the ruling, posted by ChaosChild:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Book of the Nakita Agents
The Nakitas get to roll for engagement strike if a figure is summoned, thrown, or otherwise placed adjacent to them.
I think that sufficiently proves placed = moved, so TBR and Carried figures are still stuck (I believe).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll agree that TBR shouldn't be able to teleport himself out of the pit trap. (of course that means the ruling will be the other way)

But, I think a carried figures should be able to get out -- IF they carrying figure was next to the trapped figure at the start of the turn.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM

fetidsockpuppet Woo who?

Quote:
I'll agree that TBR shouldn't be able to teleport himself out of the pit trap. (of course that means the ruling will be the other way)

But, I think a carried figures should be able to get out -- IF they carrying figure was next to the trapped figure at the start of the turn.
I assume if a carrying figure lands on the trap glyph while carrying someone that he can still drop off that carried figure and thus be no longer trapped?

Talk about making this complex...
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:32 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunak's card
Carry - Before moving Brunak, choose an unengaged Small or Medium figure adjacent to Brunak. After moving Brunak, place that figure adjacent to Brunak.
technically, you don't place (read: move) the carried figure until after Brunak / Theracus has already moved away and is therefore no longer adjacent. So, if the carried figure is on Proftaka, I think they're screwed.

But, if its the other way (i.e., Brunak / Theracus is on Proftaka, and they're carrying a figure adjacent to Proftaka), I think they're OK.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; September 11th, 2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Edit: I misread the post, I thought KillerCactus was refering to the more recent carry example

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; September 11th, 2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: I'm a dummy
Old September 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM

cobracao is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If the text "The trapped figure cannot move from this space." was taken from the rules than I would have to say this glyph trumps everything.

It's not talking about whether the figure moves on its own, or someone else moves it. It simply CAN NOT leave the space without adjacent help.

Which when I first started reading the posts I was all about summoning trumping the glyph. It was not till I got to the third page I switched.
Old September 12th, 2009, 01:59 AM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyjay2 View Post
(Drake and Tul-Bak-Ra would get the biggest benefit since they would not be hindered by the Glyph).
How is Drake's power even considerable here? Drake is still moving when he uses his grapple arm or grapple gun...

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's