Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 14th, 2016, 01:28 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
ladders out of wood

I have been contemplating how to make ladders out of wood for a long time (to tack onto my wooden buildings). I settled on the idea of cutting grooves into a board using a dado blade. But the big problem is how do you make a bunch of grooves evenly spaced?

Also, I had assumed I would use a strip of wood the width of ladder. Then I found this video and it struck me. Use a wide board and put groves all the way across. Then rip it into strips the width of the ladder I want. Plus the video shows how to make evenly spaced groves super easy!

Once you have them you can cut to length, paint and tack on with glue or a nail gun (pin nailer preferred). So basically I would make one big board of these that could be cut into numerous ladders

I haven't tried this out yet, but I know some other folks on here are woodworkers so I thought I would share the idea.

Watch the video and I think it should be clear. The main trick is getting the dado blade the right width and depth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles