Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:47 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Can I have some feedback on my newest custom?
That's what it's here for!

Psionic dodge is what first caught my eye. Raelin makes this guy a monster, and if he's on height, he's virtually invincible. I would suggest limiting this power or adding shields in a Tough-like manner.

Psionic Knife is pretty cool as well, but you might want to make it a Special attack, and give Shaedak a normal melee attack. This clears up height advantage and aura issues for the attack. Alternately, drop an attack die and allow him to keep bonuses for height and such.

Psionic Terror has turn interruption problems, especially with squads. If one of my Romans loses a turn to Psionic Terror, what happens to the other three? Is their turn over? I would suggest making this a Unique Heroes only power, or basing it on when an order marker is revealed.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Revised versions of the powers:

PSIONIC KNIFE SPECIAL ATTACK:
Range 7. Attack 4.
Shaedak must attack a non-adjacent figure and does not need clear sight to attack with Psionic Knife Special Attack. Defending figures never receive bonuses to their defense and may not use special powers when defending against Psionic Knife Special Attack.

PSIONIC DODGE:
When defending against a normal or special attack, if shields were not rolled on no more than two dice, Shaedak does not take any damage.

PSIONIC TERROR will be changed to only work on Unique Heroes. For a bonding squad, the squad would still be able to move and attack, because it mentions the figure's turn being over, not the opponent's.

I will also change his range to 1 and attack to 3.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:22 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

For the newly added 7th slot...

Mal Sayela the Lich - Valkrill (Lich)
This guy is based on the D&D Lich. Wherein a mage of considerable power wanted to live forever and thus sacrificing his own life to become a lich. And as the story goes, his soul was place in a phylactery (which is any object but usually an ornate jar or vase or urn). In turn, the phylactery was hidden. For it was said that if you kill a lich, it would just resurrect and continue his/her evil doings. To completely stop the lich, one must first destroy this phylactery and then kill the lich.

Figure used: Lich from Pathfinder Minis, which is a beautiful piece and widely available.

Necromancy (renamed to Army of Darkness to avoid confusion with the Skeletons of Annellintia.)
I'm pretty sure most of you knows what that is. But for those who are not familiar, in the simplest way of explaining it, it means a dark magic of summoning or re-animating a dead creature. So Mal Sayela is kind'a like Kurrok for the undead. The new name is also a homage to the cult classic movie of the same title.

Applicable units for this ability are:
Death Knights of Valkrill
Deathstrike Thrall (C3V)
Phantom Knights
Preyblood Thrall (C3V)
Shades of Bleakwoode
Skeletons of Annellintia (C3V)
Zombies of Morindan
No Zombie Hulk (SoV), he's Uncommon Hero and Large.

Death Spell
In the D&D realm and probably other lores, it's one of the spells that evil clerics or liches have in their spell books. I think it makes for a good 20-sided die ability for Mal Sayela. I did consider turning the destroyed Hero into an undead unit, much like Zombies Rise Again ability. But decided it might be too powerful.

Soul In Phylactery
While I got it's roots from the D&D lore, but I have to say that it is in some way a variation of Thanos' Rejected by Death. But given the origin of the ability, it plays a bit differently. For one, you only get one chance to bring back Mal Sayela into the game... that is for every time he is destroyed.

Last edited by screwDriver; July 3rd, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

FYI, "Army of Darkness" was the name of one of the boosters in CV2/Wave 15.
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

Shaedak updated:

Any more feedback?
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

For the Lich, start zones are never defined on a Heroscape Card. When he is revived, he must be placed adjacent to a figure (you control).
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

I believe this thread is slightly outdated, but by the rules in the OP, all of the current submissions have “gone 2 weeks without any form of reply”. Therefore, I am submitting my custom, Knanti Smasher. After the 3FG, I plan to nominate it to the SOV.

The Knanti Smasher uses the Star Wars mini, Kintan Strider. There are currently 188 available at Auggie’s for $0.79, 21 at Troll & Toad for $0.79, and 52 at Cool Stuff Inc. for about a dollar.

His abilities clearly express the unit’s style of a ferocious, smashing brute. Callous is somewhat of an inverse of Combined Arbalest which strengthens his defense against multiple attacks. Ranged squads will likely only target him once or twice while melee squads are forced to struggle against his increasing defense. It also protects him from multi-attacking heroes such as Major Q9 or Kaemon. Bonding units can bypass this ability during multiple turns.

Charging Assault balances his slow movement. Usually, an Order Marker or two early in the game will prepare him for a well-timed dash with a movement of 7.

Unrestrained Smash is a variant of Tandros Kreel’s Cleave. The differences are that it is a required power, the chosen figure has to be adjacent to the target, not the Knanti, and the chosen figure does not have to be a squad figure. This power gives him a useful ability against swarms or an easy bypass of a high-defense figure. Hopefully his opponent remembers not to put his Venoc Viper adjacent to Deathwalker 9000.

He plays mostly as a Menacer, but can be a Defender as well. His decent, increasing defense paired with his life of 6 allow him to tie down key targets or groups of squads and take concentrated attacks for several turns while your Sharks or Bread and Butter units do the work. Although he is strong defensively, he also has a hefty attack with a potential bonus wound to threaten his targets. Interestingly, he has a reliable survivability with a variable attack output. He either damages his target and the chosen figure, or neither.

He has been reasonably play-tested and fairs well at 130 points. I have compared him to Eltahale and Tandros and he fits above Tandros and below Eltahale. Any comments or suggestions?

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat

Last edited by Ace_of_Spades; July 23rd, 2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: I'm sure I uploaded the right card the first time...
Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
I believe this thread is slightly outdated, but by the rules in the OP, all of the current submissions have “gone 2 weeks without any form of reply”.
Yeah, I have kinda let this fall to the wayside, but am updating now
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:51 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Ace of Spades you may want to check your figure names inside your powers. Some say Brute some say Smasher, shouldn't they all say Smasher?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Hey Ace of Spades you may want to check your figure names inside your powers. Some say Brute some say Smasher, shouldn't they all say Smasher?
Thanks for the catch. Fixed!

~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old July 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These guys haven't had any comments in my customs thread so I'm going to submit the to the 3FG.

I am mainly worried about them being over priced since they are basically stingers with better movement, the drop and the ability to look at glyphs. I am also worried that the ability to hit figures they cannot see to be slightly unthematic. I am open to suggestions and want to hear what other people think about the Isodoran Explorers.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogwick_tuk View Post
These guys haven't had any comments in my customs thread so I'm going to submit the to the 3FG.

I am mainly worried about them being over priced since they are basically stingers with better movement, the drop and the ability to look at glyphs. I am also worried that the ability to hit figures they cannot see to be slightly unthematic. I am open to suggestions and want to hear what other people think about the Isodoran Explorers.
A suggestion- What if you used the Teleport Reinforcements power for Beam Reinforcements?

(Changed From Teleport Reinforcements)
When an Isodoran Explorer receives one or more wounds from is attacked by an opposing figure’s Normal or Special Attack but is not destroyed, you may choose one friendly Isodoran Squad figure. Place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Isodoran Explorer. If the teleported figure is engaged, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Alternatively, you could remove "but is not destroyed" or increase the number of teleport-able figures. With this much changing, you could still call it Beam Reinforcements.

X-Ray Scanner should probably be two different powers. For the first part, I understand they could sense through a ruin, but could they shoot through it? Maybe...

Mind Assault
Isodoran Explorers do not need clear line of sight to attack.

X-Ray Scan
Before moving, you may choose a Glyph that is power-side up within 5 spaces of an Isodoran Explorer you control. You may secretly look at the glyph.

*Not sure on that last sentance though.

It looks like a neat custom and I'm curious if you have thought of any sort of background on them as Isodorans. I think 70-80 points is about right. They don't have a 50% of an extra attack through Stinger Drain, but they are quicker with 6 move and Beam Reinforcements. The glyph bonus is insignificant, but they potential to fire from behind a castle or ruin could be very advantageous.

~Murphy's Laws of Combat

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards