Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old November 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Unit Overview: Agent Carr

I just finished writing my strategy guide for Agent Carr. It's my first guide, so any criticism would be much appreciated!

Unit Overview: Agent Carr

Ahhh....Agent Carr.....the earliest Raelin assassin in the game. This guy has an awesome theme as well! I mean, an agent with a sword? Now that Isamu has been in the game for a while now, Carr’s status as a Raelin assassin is fading away. But is the Vanishing Man really a good enough reason for Carr to sit on the shelf as a dust collecter? First, let us examine Carr’s stats and special abilities:

Life 4 (Sub-average)
Move 5 (Average)
Range 4 (Low)
Attack 2 (Very Low)
Defence 4 (Good

Disengage: Allows Carr to slip away from an engagement without taking wounds. (Very Good)
Sword of Reckoning: Raises Carr’s attack by four in melee combat. (Quite Good)
Ghost Walk: Carr can move through all figures. (Very Good)

So now that we’ve looked at Carr’s stats, it’s time to examine some fun strategies to use with our favorite sword-wielding agent!

League of Assassins: Isamu only costs 10 points, so why not draft him alongside Carr? With a unit such as Q9 or the Krav attacking the enemies main front, Isamu and Carr can sneak around the foe to get support figures. You can also draft the Ninjas of the Northern Wind to join Carr and Isamu in their adventures! It may not always work very well, but it’s fun to do!
Two Agents, a Ninja, and a Gorilla: Draft Carr alongside Skahen, Otanoshi, and Laglor, with any other units you want for the rest of your army. Position Skahen with Otanoshi next to her on the outer borders of Laglor’s aura, then have her use Cover Fire to send Carr out, and then have Otanoshi go out to where Carr is with her boosted movement, and then, on your next turn, slingshot Otanoshi into the enemy lines! If Otanoshi survives for a few more turns, send Carr out to slingshot her again!
Major Pain: In melee combat, Carr’s 6 attack is usually sufficient to break through the defence of Q9 or Q10.
Carr and the Vikings: Carr is one of the characters who benefits the most from the Viking spirits. With all three, Carr has 6 move, 7 attack in melee combat, and 5 defence!
Kato Slayer: Agent Carr armies can do very well against Kato armies. If Carr has the Krav, and a few squads of Microcorp to back him up, the Ashigaru can get dropped with surprising ease!
Raelin Guard: Carr can stand back to guard Raelin. When he does so, he has either 5 or 6 defence, depending on which Raelin you use! Carr is also big enough to shield Raelin from most ranged attacks!

Units Carr does poorly against:
Braxas: If Braxas doesn’t acidify Carr, then her 5 attack should do the trick!
Drake version 2: Carr can’t take potshots at this guy, and Drake version 2’s 6 attack usually can reduce Carr’s life very quickly!
Jotun: Jotun should only be engaged with Carr when the big boy is wounded, but, even then, Jotun can lay down the hurt on Carr quite fast!
Cyprien: Cyprien’s Chill Touch nullifies Carr’s defence, and he’s fast as well!
Deathwalker 7000: Explosion has a good chance to inflict four wounds on Carr, and Stealth Dodge protects the little wretch from Carr’s ranged attack!
X17: Cyberclaw negates Ghost Walk and Disengage. Nuff said.

Units Carr does well against:
Drake version 1: Carr’s 6 attack can break through Drake’s 3 defence rather quickly!
Raelin: Carr was good back before Wave 1 as a Raelin assassin, and he’s still adept in that role today!
Kato: Kato’s four defence usually doesn’t hold up to well to Carr’s 6 attack!
Any Flagbearer: Carr can reach these guys fast, and he can destroy them quickly as well!
Any Lawman: These guys’ two defence means nothing to Carr’s sword!
Major Q9 or Major Q10: Carr can inflict a lot of damage to these two very quickly! And with the Viking Spirits, Carr can reach them faster, do more damage to them, and take more hits from them!

Carr is a fun unit to play!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 18th, 2008, 07:25 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation
Re: Unit Overview: Agent Carr

Better than I could do. Personally I wouldn't throw all the spirits on one character. He dies too easy for that.
Old November 18th, 2008, 07:59 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Carr's range is 6.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old November 18th, 2008, 08:34 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Carr's range is 6.

Why so it is!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 18th, 2008, 08:42 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Are we now going to have Unit Overviews, Strategy Guides AND the Books?

Quote:
If you would like to write a strategy guide like this one and join our writing circle, please contact us here. We ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the high quality of the strategy guides and avoid confusion. Thanks!

Old November 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Are we now going to have Unit Overviews, Strategy Guides AND the Books?

Quote:
If you would like to write a strategy guide like this one and join our writing circle, please contact us here. We ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the high quality of the strategy guides and avoid confusion. Thanks!

Exactly what I was thinking....
Old November 18th, 2008, 09:23 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, as a member of the review circle, while I do appreciate that someone is trying to make a strategy guide, not only did Gorthan not run it through with us (despite the fact that the format is clearly based off the Unit Strategy Reviews), the write-up itself is very unprofessional, to say the least. That giant, bold, red text is there for a reason, people. If you want to do a Unit Strategy Review, run it through with us first!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 18th, 2008, 09:56 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

But if they make it absolutely clear that it's not an official strategy guide and use a different format, like I did with my spider-man figure overview, do we still need to run it through the review circle first?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old November 18th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Units Carr does well against:
Drake version 1: Carr’s 6 attack can break through Drake’s 3 defence rather quickly!
Raelin: Carr was good back before Wave 1 as a Raelin assassin, and he’s still adept in that role today!
Kato: Kato’s four defence usually doesn’t hold up to well to Carr’s 6 attack!
Any Flagbearer: Carr can reach these guys fast, and he can destroy them quickly as well!
Any Lawman: These guys’ two defence means nothing to Carr’s sword!
Major Q9 or Major Q10: Carr can inflict a lot of damage to these two very quickly! And with the Viking Spirits, Carr can reach them faster, do more damage to them, and take more hits from them!

Yeah, right. The guy only has four defense and four life. Even with the help of Eldgrim, Agent Carr would usually be toast before reaching those two.
Nice try with the Overview, but maybe next time you should join that Unit Strategy group.
Old November 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
But if they make it absolutely clear that it's not an official strategy guide and use a different format, like I did with my spider-man figure overview, do we still need to run it through the review circle first?
Well, I'm not sure on that one. My gut would be that if it was a different format and/or unofficial, it wouldn't need to be ran through the review circle. However, here Gorthan is using a format that is based heavily on the Unit Strategy Reviews, and to my knowledge he hasn't contacted anyone in the review circle about it. However, I think Jexik and Taeblewalker are better than me at clearing up stuff like this, so I'll leave it to them.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 18th, 2008, 11:17 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Yeah, as a member of the review circle, while I do appreciate that someone is trying to make a strategy guide, not only did Gorthan not run it through with us (despite the fact that the format is clearly based off the Unit Strategy Reviews), the write-up itself is very unprofessional, to say the least. That giant, bold, red text is there for a reason, people. If you want to do a Unit Strategy Review, run it through with us first!
(After this diatribe of nonsense)

I am going to have to defend Gorthan now as he does not need to run it through you guys first. If you read what Taebelwalker created to post on the Unit Review guides ..he merely asks that you ask first before using the format. So Gortham did not break any rules...he just did not respectfully ask if it was ok.

As far as unprofessional...Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle
Old November 19th, 2008, 05:01 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
As far as unprofessional...Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle
Stated like a "true professional" Onacara... as usual. And I have to agree with him. Ease up a bit Lumbergh, remember this is a game... Not a beauracratic power struggle.

Uuuum Yeahhh... We have some sort of a problem here...Yeeeahh...you apparently didn't put one of the new cover sheets on your TPS reports...

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles