Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old June 8th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Nipple Rings

wisinger Woo who?
Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

R˙chean and I were talking about the tournaments that we play in the area, and one of the items brought up, was do we want to try and standardize our Tourneys?

Thoughts were:

We tend to have 3 "official" tournaments a year

Trying to incorporate some type of standard, I would throw out the following format:

1st quarter of the year (Jan, Feb, March) - Annual Team Tournament
2nd quarter of the year (Apr, May, June) - Annual mixed up tournament (worst army/wave only/etc). Something to be determined each year to introduce something different
3rd quarter of the year - nothing, to allow for GenCon (do we want to revisit and add an event for non GenConners?)
4th quarter of the year (Oct, Nov, Dec) - Annual North Texas Championships.

Thoughts? Not sure how valuable this actually is, but thought I would throw it out for discussion

Old June 8th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think that's a fantastic idea. Recently ninth and I were talking wistfully about wanting a tourney that was just a straight up last player standing contest with no twists, but we really like the twists all the same. This solves that problem completely.

An annual team tourney is great.

An annual wacky rules tourney is great.

An annual championship is great as well.

I don't know if we should add a summer event though. Everyone is traveling those months and I just don't know if we can get the kind of turn out we want.

I am also anxious to see how things turn out at J Gilligans. If they go smoothly they may be our location of choice. They supposedly have tons of room, there won't be any tables or chairs to set up for us, food will always be available, beverages of anyone's choosing are offered, and they have a nice central location. Something can be said for moving the tourney to different locations though.

These are just thoughts I am throwing out....
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That sounds like a really cool idea. I like having different tourneys throughout the year.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Nipple Rings

wisinger Woo who?
thinking thru what Markwars said, I think, if we solidify this, then 1st tourney of the year should be team, followed by whacky one in the summer (lowest turn out), and end the year, post GenCon with the standard slugfest, take it home for the year.

Old June 10th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
As someone who would be traveling from out of town for these...I think this is a great idea!
Old June 10th, 2007, 10:42 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Sounds good to me - I'll try to get some other Houstonians to help me out with all that gas money
Old June 11th, 2007, 11:49 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm all for a 3rd Quarter "Real Scapers Don't Go To Gencon" Tournament.
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisinger
4th quarter of the year (Oct, Nov, Dec) - Annual North Texas Championships.
Saturday, October 20th 2007? National Heroscape Day

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Considering the wait until October I'm sure as heck glad I'm going to Gen Con.

Can anyone meet up this weekend?

Old July 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
where at?

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Can the October 20 date (National HeroScape Day) be confirmed any time soon? I want to be there, but will need to schedule a substitute preacher so I can attend, and that usually takes a bit of lead time.
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:02 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Considering the wait until October I'm sure as heck glad I'm going to Gen Con.

Can anyone meet up this weekend?
I'm busy this weekend.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events