Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 12th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 2/10/19 - Ambush

I really like secret cemetery...I so would love to use themed maps like this at a tournament.

@BiggaBullfrog Waddaya think about a tourney where we do a specific map theme?!? What if we did all cemetery themed maps or something...haha, would be freakin’ legit.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:17 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

@Leaf_It actually has been thinking of a themed Monthly for a while that we're hopefully going to be rolling out soon. This would be an awesome map for it, the cemetery theme is captured super well. It's begging for some scenarios too -- zombies all the way.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:28 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
@Leaf_It actually has been thinking of a themed Monthly for a while that we're hopefully going to be rolling out soon. This would be an awesome map for it, the cemetery theme is captured super well. It's begging for some scenarios too -- zombies all the way.
yesssss

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:53 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 2/9/19 - Secret Cemetery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Ambush:

Awesome, I loved Wolf Swamp Road! This is a really cool take on it! For competitive play, I don't love that the glyphs are only 1 move away from some start zones and would just make them a little more even, and I think there's a little too much "dead space" between the main start zones and the area where the action will actually happen. But I love how you've turned the scenario into a really cool way to represent the ambush scenario! Great job!
Thank you. I loved that one too, it might be my favorite Hasbro map. Either that or Soulrazor.

Yeah, with Ambush I'm trying to make it as balanced as possible while retaining the Wolf Swamp Road stylistic aspects; I agree that there's a lot of deadspace there but that is similar to the original and I wanted to keep the general rivers cutting off the start. Also, I don't have the raised seven hexes in near the start area like the original does - I feel like you can camp with range on those so hard. I moved three of the trees to the middle and put glyphs down there so that it gave cover from the oncoming road and also a reason to jump down to the middle. And, like I said, the main problem with WSR is the AE which I solved with the five spaces starting on the early hills.

Basically the idea is to line your forces up on the road and travel through, with five scouts able to protect you, or ambush your enemy. I do wish there was a bit less 'deadspace' near the start but I couldn't really help that without getting rid of the five ambushing spaces or changing the general layout that feels like the original, and both I think are more important.

Not a hyper competitive map, but I think it's much more balanced than the original and still gives you the original's feel, if you want to relive it. I wouldn't say it's exempt from competitive play, either.
Old February 13th, 2019, 02:02 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I really like secret cemetery...I so would love to use themed maps like this at a tournament.

@BiggaBullfrog Waddaya think about a tourney where we do a specific map theme?!? What if we did all cemetery themed maps or something...haha, would be freakin’ legit.
Thanks for the kind words. At first when I made it I was just going for a cool thematic map and aesthetically pleasing map, but it ended up working out really well regarding its competitive potential.

The idea is that it is a hidden cemetery inside a big castle. There are six gravestones, four of which have been dug up or opened and lie glyphs in them, two are untouched. It's supposed to stretch further back, but the map itself is really only the entrance to it and first few gravestones.
Old February 13th, 2019, 02:53 AM
Baron of Beantown V

I'm actually reworking Greenlands heavily right now (probably won't post it until several maps from now), but in the meantime I'll post my others, here's Keep Low!

Keep Low:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 SotM, 1 TJ
Glyphs: 1 random Power Glyph

Also posted some more pictures of a few more angles of Mountainside, Flanked, and Old Heat.

Last edited by Cleon; February 13th, 2019 at 03:26 AM.
Old February 15th, 2019, 07:12 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 2/12/19 - Keep Low

Behold, The Trench:

The Trench:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 SotM, 1 BftU
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs

I needed some more BftU inclusive maps in here, so I decided to post this one earlier than I first intended. Probably won't see another BtfU map for about 8 more maps since I don't have one finished and the other 8 are pretty much ready to go (except one that I'm editing). But I will (obviously) make more BtfU maps after that, just will be some time before I get to it. But enjoy this one.
Old February 15th, 2019, 01:01 PM

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 2/15/19 - The Trench

I really like Keep Low. Looks like a solid map and the Hive is perfect to force range who wanna camp to be on the front side where they can be engaged from low ground units. Looks like a fun map to play. Well done.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 16th, 2019, 05:10 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I really like Keep Low. Looks like a solid map and the Hive is perfect to force range who wanna camp to be on the front side where they can be engaged from low ground units. Looks like a fun map to play. Well done.
Thank you man. Yeah, the idea is to hide in the cover/defense of the jungle clusters and areas while you're also fighting for the hive high ground, or sand spot. And 'keeping low' grants you the glyph.

I like how it turned out. Originally I had the hive pushed slightly more towards the middle and there was higher ground on the other side of it, but I didn't find the fight for that area very interesting so I built the hive directly into that spot which works much better. It actually took me a long time to get the build correct; I had to rebuild the start zones many times. You don't have nearly as many tiles to work with with SotM as you do with RotV.
Old February 17th, 2019, 06:54 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Here's a snow map I made last winter (december '17 was it?) for some seasonal themed map tournaments I was having, it's called Athwart:

Athwart:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 TT
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs, 2 face up Glyphs of Valda
*Snow/Ice Rules: Heavy Snow, Normal Ice

I'm a bit unsure on how I want the glyphs on this map, right now I have it 2 random Power and 2 Valda. It definitely needs the plus movement, and I don't think I mind having 2 Valdas close to each other, either. But I'm still testing how I want the exact glyph play to be so I might edit it in the future. But I'm very satisfied with the build layout, I doubt I'll ever change that.

It will probably also work with 4 random glyphs, with 1 being a glyph of Valda, as well. Just make sure you have at least 1 Valda out there. Hmmm.....still debating the desired glyph play in my head lol. But it's a fun map, try it out.

Last edited by Cleon; February 17th, 2019 at 07:10 AM.
Old February 27th, 2019, 04:57 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 2/27/19 - Backwash

This is one of my favorite maps I've made - it's an asymmetrical SotM/TT map called Backwash:

Backwash:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 SotM, 1 TT
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs
*Snow/Ice Rules: Heavy Snow, Normal Ice

I think 1 SotM + 1 TT is one of the most underused and underrepresented map configurations there is and it perplexes me why because I think the two complement each other so well. Maybe because the theme of Snow and Swamp is so unnatural? Not sure, but I love this combination. Will definitely not shy away from it in my maps.

I'm postponing uploading Greenlands/Bloodlands at the moment because I'm heavily reworking Greenlands and am not happy with it at the moment, so I won't be posting the two for a little bit (I will post all the other maps I've foreshadowed in this thread first, Greenlands and Bloodlands will be the last of them). Bloodlands is done, I just want to post it together with Greenlands. Not really a reason other than I like the names together lol.

Next map will be Morning Skirmish. Then Crush, then Spider's Den, then Frost Giants, then Arroyo. I think that's the order I want to go in.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 05:43 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 3/1/19 - Morning Skirmish

Another map, Morning Skirmish:

Morning Skirmish:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF
Glyphs: 1 random Power Glyph, 1 random Treasure Glyph

This map's name simply comes from a game my cousin and I played one morning. It was pretty late morning and him and I wanted to get a game in so I built this one. I didn't feel like gathering water tiles and I think if I remember correctly I already had a RotV and RttFF out on the table ready to build. So I quickly conjured up this. It felt very much like a skirmish, too. Hence the name, Morning Skirmish.

I've tweaked and balanced it a bit since, but I like how it turned out quite a bit. One thing I remember adding was a Treasure Glyph on the height side, pushing more figures to want to occupy that side and route.

It's simple and fun one to get a quick match on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios