Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 16th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Armoc Warlord and Drudge Overlord -- MegaSilver's Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Is she really that tiny? Depressing.

Swift Strike is interesting; good strategic question between using the regular attack and her special. Should it be Small and Medium? I'm neutral on the issue.
Medium. Actually about Kyntela's dimensions, hence the comparison.
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

ARMOC WARLORD

Viper Defensive Enhancement is too good. For Armocs anyway, and the Venoc Warlord. 40pts for a bonus defense with no range restrictions is simply amazing. If it was restricted to an aura, even as big as 6 spaces, it would give reason to move the Armoc Warlord out of your starting zone.

Otherwise I like the idea of a cheap Viper Warlord.

KE-JAR-RA

Again, bonus defense with no range restrictions is nuts. Marro Hunters are fairly crappy, though, and 90pts is a bit more to dump into some defense. Still, Marro Drudge can be a force to be reckoned with on a swamp map, and this makes them all the scarier there. Definitely needs playtesting.

WAR HORSE OF TROY

When a figure uses Mount to move to the Horse's card, does it take leaving engagement attacks? When it says you move the Horse instead of the figure, how many spaces? Since this is a special movement, it needs to be spelled out on the card. If the Rider moves by a means other than normal movement, such as Scatter or Jandar's Dispatch, does the Horse still move instead? You need to consider teleportation powers like Spear of Summoning as well, since "placing" is the same as "moving". If a Horse with Rider is killed by a Zombie and a Zombie Hulk rises up in its place, can the Rider be placed? If a Horse jumps off a cliff and dies, can the Rider appear on either the top or bottom of the cliff? The Horse takes falling damage when its leading part moves off the cliff; the following part is still technically on top of the cliff.

For Horseback, it says the Rider may be targeted for special powers or attacks. How about powers that do not target anything, like Raelin's aura, or Marro Plague? If the figure does not have Disengage, does it take leaving engagement attacks if the Horse moves?
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:42 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Thanks for commenting here Scytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
ARMOC WARLORD

Viper Defensive Enhancement is too good. For Armocs anyway, and the Venoc Warlord. 40pts for a bonus defense with no range restrictions is simply amazing. If it was restricted to an aura, even as big as 6 spaces, it would give reason to move the Armoc Warlord out of your starting zone.

Otherwise I like the idea of a cheap Viper Warlord.
I've made a slightly updated version of Armoc Warlord for you to consider in the previous posts. (i.e. 60 points and a SA.) I forgot to update the OP, though.

As to the aura issue, the power is meant to work mainly with the Venoc Vipers/EOV. Perhaps it should say Viper Scouts instead? Anyway, I do not want any range restrictions on her power, else she would be worthless to the Venoc Vipers; just in the way Raelin is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale
KE-JAR-RA

Again, bonus defense with no range restrictions is nuts. Marro Hunters are fairly crappy, though, and 90pts is a bit more to dump into some defense. Still, Marro Drudge can be a force to be reckoned with on a swamp map, and this makes them all the scarier there. Definitely needs playtesting.
I initially had a 5-range restriction on the aura, but for some odd reason dropped it. Probably due to me posting him at the same time as Armoc Warlord. I'll add it back into Ke-Jar-Ra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale
WAR HORSE OF TROY

When a figure uses Mount to move to the Horse's card, does it take leaving engagement attacks? When it says you move the Horse instead of the figure, how many spaces? Since this is a special movement, it needs to be spelled out on the card. If the Rider moves by a means other than normal movement, such as Scatter or Jandar's Dispatch, does the Horse still move instead? You need to consider teleportation powers like Spear of Summoning as well, since "placing" is the same as "moving". If a Horse with Rider is killed by a Zombie and a Zombie Hulk rises up in its place, can the Rider be placed? If a Horse jumps off a cliff and dies, can the Rider appear on either the top or bottom of the cliff? The Horse takes falling damage when its leading part moves off the cliff; the following part is still technically on top of the cliff.

For Horseback, it says the Rider may be targeted for special powers or attacks. How about powers that do not target anything, like Raelin's aura, or Marro Plague? If the figure does not have Disengage, does it take leaving engagement attacks if the Horse moves?
Yeah, with all those issues as I discovered when I tried to submit it to SoV, twice, I've just dropped attempting to make the Horse any clearer. It's mainly there for reference, now.
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:00 PM

Re: War Horse of Troy -- MegaSilver's Customs

Alrighty, here is my new version of Armoc Warlord.

The SA needs some rewording, though, for sure.

ARMOC WARLORD

Viper
Unique Hero
Warlord
Relentless
Medium 4

Life: 4
Move: 7
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

MORTIKAZER SPECIAL ATTACk
Range 1. Attack 3 + Special.
Armoc Warlord starts each turn with 3 attack dice. Choose an figure adjacent to Armoc Warlord and attack by subtracting 0, 1, or 2 attack dice from Mortikazer Special Attack. The defending figure subtracts X-1 defense dice from this special attack, where X is the number of attack dice subtracted from Mortikazer Special Attack.

PROTECTOR DEFENSIVE ENHANCEMENT
All friendly Protectors within 4 clear sight spaces of Armoc Warlord add one to their defense dice.

SLITHER
Armoc Warlord does not have to stop her movement when entering water spaces.

She is a Yuan-Ti Swiftscale from the DnD Starter set.

Backstory:

Wielding the sword and shield of Raptorian Supreme, Daenoterrix, the young Viper earned her rank after leading the Raptorian's assassination prior to the war.[/QUOTE]
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm not even sure I understand how that SA is supposed to work...

So maybe something along the lines of this would be better

SWIFT BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack Special.
Armoc Warlord starts each turn with 3[4?] attack dice. Choose an adjacent figure and attack by rolling 1, 2, or 3 attack dice. Armoc Warlord may keep making special attacks with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until she has rolled all 4 attack dice. Armoc Warlord may target the same or different figures with each attack. Figures defending against Swift Blade Special Attack roll one less defense die for each time they have been attacked by Swift Blade Special Attack this turn.

I don't think it's the same thing, but it's a similar idea and much easier to understand.

---

Fwiw, though, I think a Sir Hawthorne or Brunak style SA might be a better choice.

---

Are you sure you want her to be Relentless?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I don't understand that special attack at all either. Protector enhancement is a cool idea though, to help out the Armocs. Kind of a blatant boost, but cool.

I think she'd probably be about 90 points in her current form, if you were looking for a ballpark cost.
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:18 PM

Yeah, I figured it would be hard to put down correctly.

She can doe one of three options:

She attacks with 3 attack, and the defending figure subtracts 1 from it's defense.
Attack with 2, opponent subtracts 2.
Attack with 1, opponent subtracts 3.

Now, how to right that right?

The Protectors of Ullar also receive the benefit.
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:25 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Yeah, I figured it would be hard to put down correctly.

She can doe one of three options:

She attacks with 3 attack, and the defending figure subtracts 1 from it's defense.
Attack with 2, opponent subtracts 2.
Attack with 1, opponent subtracts 3.

Now, how to write that right?

Not worth it, man.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; June 11th, 2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: not worth the complexity, that is
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:29 PM

Re: Armoc Warlord v3 pg 6 -- MegaSilver's Customs

Maybe I'm trying too hard.

Something simpler?
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:32 PM

Yes, something simpler. I suggested this earlier:

SWIFT BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack Special.
Armoc Warlord starts each turn with 3[4?] attack dice. Choose an adjacent figure and attack by rolling 1, 2, or 3 attack dice. Armoc Warlord may keep making special attacks with 1, 2, or 3 attack dice until she has rolled all 4 attack dice. Armoc Warlord may target the same or different figures with each attack. Figures defending against Swift Blade Special Attack roll one less defense die for each time they have been attacked by Swift Blade Special Attack this turn.

But I think a tweak or reuse of a special Brunak or Sir Hawthorne's specials would be even better.

--
--
--

--
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:38 PM

The second version I had considered was:

*** SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
After attacking with *** Special Attack, Armoc Warlord may attack one additional time.

(Maybe even have enemy subtract one from defense? I kind of want it, but want you to use your NA at times too.)
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:59 PM

Oh, oh! I got it! Some C3G figures have a certain power that subtracts from the opponent's figure for each skull rolled. So, in regards to that:

XIPHOS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
For each skull rolled by Xiphos Special Attack, subtract one defense die from the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, Armoc Warlord may attack one additional time.

Last edited by MegaSilver; June 11th, 2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Xiphos is a Greek short sword. ;)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards