Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 14th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
The Dice Tower Convention - with Scape! (July 5-8)

Hopefully many of you have heard that Tom Vasel and the Dice Tower are getting behind a new boardgame convention this summer here in sunny Florida (near Orlando and all the resorts, parks, etc.).

The Dice Tower Convention is dedicated to boardgaming and looks to be a ton of fun! Join us July 5-8 for 80 hours of boardgaming. (The price is definitely right. $35 for the whole Con (until May 31) and about $40 for the hotel rooms.)

I'm working on the Scape aspects of the convention. My general plan is to do a single tourney/event and then have open gaming time for Scape as well. However, if enough people are interested, I could see doing more events. (Personally, I want to be sure to have plenty of time to enjoy other boardgames as well.)

UPDATES:

The Tournament will begin on Saturday morning, 10-3, and be in Swiss Tourney format, with 4 rounds and a Final Two.

Format:

Fog of War - All ranged attacks, abilities, and auras are cut in half rounded up.

420 point armies.

Spoiler Alert!

PROPOSED MAPS (I've added my name to those that I can bring)

Invasion (1Mmirg)

Fulcrum (1Mmirg)

If you can't take the heat... (1Mmirg)

Bad Moon Rising (1Mmirg)

Flash Fire (1Mmirg)

Sirocco by mad_wookiee

Stygian Rift by Typhon2222

Proposed Schedule:
(8:00-9:30 - Set-up)
9:30-10:00 - Arrive, register, receive first map assignment (please be on time)
10:00-10:50 - First Round
11:00-11:50 - Second Round
12:00-12:50 - Third Round
1:00-1:50 - Fourth Round
2:00-2:50 - Final (Top Two); All others, free play or 5th round of Swiss
3:00-4:00 - Prizes, takedown, etc.

Glyphs:
Unique Attack +1
Move +2
Initiative +8
d20 +1
Healing
Wound

Treasure Glyphs:
Attack +1
Defense +1
Healing

Prizes

Heroscape Boosters and d20 dice - Thanks CoolStuff!

RSVPs (so far):

Onacara (+2?)
Mmirg +1
Roller
sandmaker
Blue Dane (?)
tomvasel +1 (?)
Jazzman

Last edited by 1Mmirg; July 2nd, 2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Updates
Old February 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: The Dice Tower Convention - with Scape! (July 5-8)

So, here are my initial questions:

Are you planning to attend? (Or at least likely to attend?)

What would you like to see happen at the Dice Tower Con, in terms of Scape?
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Will you allow C3V and SoV?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Adrian Monk

That's the way I'm leaning. But I will listen to those that are coming, as well. Given Tom's love of customs and trying out new things, plus the tribute to him in Wave 14, I feel it's fitting.
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
That's the way I'm leaning. But I will listen to those that are coming, as well. Given Tom's love of customs and trying out new things, plus the tribute to him in Wave 14, I feel it's fitting.
For a bigger event I'd normally suggest no, because you don't want to spook people new to competitive play. But for the exact reason you're suggesting, I say go for it. It's Tom's show, he likes customs, he's been pleased with what we've done so far, go for it.

= =
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I will be there...but you already knew that
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Adrian Monk

So, you planning a trip down here, DS? (I sure hope so!)

I'll add the SoV/C3V question to my list of questions:
  • Are you planning to attend? (Or at least likely to attend?)
  • What would you like to see happen at the Dice Tower Con, in terms of Scape?
  • How do you feel about including C3V/SoV units?
(Also, started an Attendees list in the OP.)
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

= =
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Adrian Monk

Bummer. Everyone needs a vacation sometime--and this is a great place to come!

So, I was thinking a bit more about this and had a couple of ideas:

1) What about a "1x only" event? (You can only have one Army Card worth of any unit.) This would totally fit the Vasel play style--mishmash armies, ftw!

2) Or, what about a low point total tourney? (As in 400 points or even a bit lower?) Just to mix things up.

Of course, I'm totally happy to do a traditional format as well. Just let me know what you want (before I plan it all).
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:58 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

I am interested in this, but I don't know if I can attend for more than one day. Is there a one-day ticket? Which day will HeroScape be?
Old February 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Adrian Monk

There is not a one-day ticket, sadly. (Though perhaps if enough people asked...) Of course, the ticket isn't too high, though, yeah, for just one day it is a bit. (You could, of course, come in for the other evenings or something as well, perhaps.)

As for which day, that's something we can talk about here. I was thinking Friday (to stay off of the busier Sat.). At this point, I'm still open, though, so let's chat.
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:43 AM

Roller has disabled reputation

Not sure if you remember me but I played/helped run the first few National Heroscape tourneys and supplied the terrain as well. Finished top 3 every time too! I recognize all the names in this thread from long ago.

I've been listening to Tom's podcast and heard about this convention recently. I plan to attend and was interested in supporting the heroscape tourney and Tom directed me here. So after a little forum search I found this thread.

I've been out of scape for a couple years now and stopped collecting when they started releasing D&D sets. I felt it didn't really gel right for me and I had a ton of stuff already!

I would be interested in a normal format tourney with regular BoV maps but of course that's just my opinion. Friday works but the turnout wouldn't even be close to what it would be on Saturday. A double elimination tourney would probably be the best considering how long it takes to play a game, we wouldn't want to take up the whole day like the other tournaments I've been in before have. It's not a 'scape convention after all, we want people to enjoy all games. I haven't seen a schedule of events for the convention but we really need to nail down a time early to get the best turnout.

So I'm on board if you need any help 1Mmrig. I could probably drum up a couple players for the tourney as well.

-Roller/Christian

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events