Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 1st, 2022, 06:13 PM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

I backed it, but this ain't gonna make it. The first day is extremely telling when it comes to the kickstarter business model. Typically there's a huge surge on the first day and the last day, and a giant lull in between. Sometimes revealing stretch goals can help make little jumps along the way, but you really want to hit at least the halfway mark or close to it on the first day. I think the unpainted minis turned off too many people and poison pilled the campaign. For that price they should be painted.
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:17 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

71 painted minis and terrain for 250$ No way unless you know something I don’t.
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:19 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll back it...but not until I'm sure I've the money for it.

Is there a breakdown of number of hexes anywhere...I know it says 74 hex tile terrain pieces but is that 74 hexes or 4-24 hex pieces, 20-1 hex pieces, 20-2-hex pieces, 20-7 pieces, 20-3 hex pieces (I know...math was never my strong suit).

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 1st, 2022 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Painting still sucks...grumble, grumble, grumble
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:25 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I believe it’s 8 24 hex pieces if I’m not wrong.
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:25 PM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker

Star Wars minis and Heroclix both came with painted minis, as did classic Heroscape. Normies don't want to paint, and these look like crap as is. They look like Monsters in my Pocket toys. They could have at least went with simple designs to make it easier, but have you seen the card art? Killian Vane alone seems to use every single color in the world, and has tons of tiny details. These are going to be a giant pain in the ass to paint. It's a huge problem and a major turnoff, I don't know what to tell you. I did my part and pledged, but I don't see this happening.
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:29 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZMagus View Post
Star Wars minis and Heroclix both came with painted minis, as did classic Heroscape. Normies don't want to paint, and these look like crap as is. They look like Monsters in my Pocket toys. They could have at least went with simple designs to make it easier, but have you seen the card art? Killian Vane alone seems to use every single color in the world, and has tons of tiny details. These are going to be a giant pain in the ass to paint. It's a huge problem and a major turnoff, I don't know what to tell you. I did my part and pledged, but I don't see this happening.
I can’t express how much I’m jonesing to paint those Clockwork critters. They look like they would be a blast to paint. The space pirates also make me want to paint. I want a whole game all about being space pirates and using those freakin awesome minis!

I want to paint them, then show em off and watch everyone weep at my talent!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:37 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Snoop and Dre never let me down before, and I know they won't now
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:39 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZMagus View Post
I can’t express how much I’m jonesing to paint those Clockwork critters. They look like they would be a blast to paint. The space pirates also make me want to paint. I want a whole game all about being space pirates and using those freakin awesome minis!

I want to paint them, then show em off and watch everyone weep at my talent!
LOL!

I'm actually looking forward to painting the bears...but in general (well, you know the rest).

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 1st, 2022 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Is Snoop Dogg & Dr Dre into Heroscape? Awesome :)
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:45 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Kind of insane that they need to sell 2 MILLION dollars worth to even make this.

Old October 1st, 2022, 06:52 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

The price point seemed a little higher than I expected. I was thinking it would top out at $200 even if it meant getting less stuff in the main box or having optional add-ons. I backed it anyways. Felt like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Standout favorite from the mini sculpts was the Airship guy Zed Nesbitt. I love how big that sucker is! Adds great variety to the battlefield. Love the giant alien guys too.

One of the math nerds on here needs to share their statistical formula that determines whether or not a crowdfunded campaign will make it. Then I can stop hitting refresh on the campaign main website page for the next several weeks.
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:55 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Kind of insane that they need to sell 2 MILLION dollars worth to even make this.
Yeah, when considering the heroquest only needed a million. But that was all for the most part old material and just needed updated graphics. This had a whole new slew of units. I'm hoping since there's only five units revealed for stretch goals that they'll get thrown if it doesn't make 16,000. There's definitely considerably less stretch goals offered after four million in funding compared to the heroquest.

But it's still early.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 1st, 2022, 06:59 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

It was a little more expensive than I hoped, but less than I feared. I backed it (don't tell my wife). While it adds to my painting backlog, I am excited for the most of the new figures and especially for the new wall pieces. Glad to have some more jungle terrain, but had hoped for something completely new. Cautiously optimistic that it will fund, but not confident we will see many - if any - of the stretch goals.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion