Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 1st, 2022, 05:27 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of D.Va (MEKA) - Public Playtesting

Signing up, lemme know if there's any suggestions!
I'll probably get the games in this weekend.
Old February 1st, 2022, 05:43 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nothing too specific at this point, just as long as she's up against some range. She sits happily in a lot of teams as ranged denial if the X is free, but really starts to shine when she can get a turn here and there. More "generalist" leaders like Red Skull, White Canary, Star-Lord, Cap all appreciate her, but if there's an army you want to try her in then by all means!

Looking forward to seeing the tests!
Old February 2nd, 2022, 12:52 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: D.Va (Mech)

Map: Ivy’s Greenhouse
Units: D.Va (240), Luke Cage (190), Daredevil (200), Moon Knight (Avengers) (170) (800) Vs. Songbird (180), Mach-I (200), Atlas (270), Techno (150) (800)

Spoiler Alert!

Winners: Luke Cage with 3 wounds, Moon Knight with 2 wounds.

Map: Grundy’s Grave
Units: D.Va (240), Wasp (160), She-Hulk (370), Hawkeye (Avengers) (220), Skrull Infiltrator (10) (1000) Vs. Nightwing (200), Starfire (210), Raven (190), Ravager (210), Arsenal (190) (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

Winners: Hawkeye, Wasp, Skrull. All unwounded.

Map: Grundy’s Grave
Units: D.Va (240), Star-Lord (250), Rocket Raccoon (195), Mantis (200), Gamora (300) (1185) Vs. Nightwing (200), Starfire (210), Raven (190), Superboy (240), Arsenal (190), Red Robin (160) (1190)

Spoiler Alert!

Winners: Arsenal and Nightwing unwounded, Raven with 3 wounds, Red Robin with 2 wounds.

Thoughts on the tested unit’s cost, balance, & draftability:
D.Va fits into a variety of teams even just as a ranged denier. Melee armies can take her on easily whilst ranged armies can with the right support. Her Micro Missiles can be swingy, but they’re such a high roll that you won’t be hitting those consistently. Any army that can pluck units they want will love her! D.Va + Wasp + Hawkeye + She-Hulk is a nasty combo.

General thoughts on the tested unit:
She seems solid, and I think she’s in a good spot. Part of me wishes she had more health being a tank and all, but she’s pretty tough to kill with Defense Matrix, and with the pilot upcoming it’s probably for the best. I wouldn’t mind seeing her Fusion Cannons moved back up to 3 or less move, but I’ll wait to see Splash’s playtests. She’s looking good even with just 2 or less move regardless.
Old February 13th, 2022, 06:25 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: UNIT NAME
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: ICY ROAD
Units: D.Va, T-800 Guardian, Punisher (I), Captain America (I), Angel (1,000) vs Illuminati (1,000)
[/B][/COLOR]
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: RAVAGED ROAD
Units: D.Va, Captain Britain, Witchblade, Six-Gun Gorilla (1,100) vs White Lantern Kyle, Star Sapphire Diana, Guy Gardner (1,100)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Large has some minor benefits, Protector has some synergy and is an accurate class. Life should be 4 so I’m glad it’s there now, stats are good. 6 defense feels like a lot at first, but 4 life figures can get one shot by toughies, so a good armored 6 is fair. Fusion Cannons work great, I used them as much as I could (fun thematic slowing down to do more blastin’ power).
Micro Missiles I used every single turn. I’m gonna advocate for a change to 15 or higher. 25% chance sounds fine until practice where an entire series of turns can see no results. I get that they are supposed to be little doodads firing off before the big booms and they’re bouncing off like aluminum cans and such, but at least one of them should land in a round. I also happened to roll tons of 15s both games, which singed. Her autowounding and bypassing defenses is good, yes. I was hoping it would help against Panther and MD figures like Strange, but if they never land, your reliable counter isn’t worth it.
Defense Matrix is cool, and very useful against bonding turns, but avoidable by engaging. A good army for her would be something like Illuminati actually where the opponent is punished for engaging. Another good one to see her in would be d20 boosters like Fate, but that shouldn’t be a must for her to see MM damage done.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: D.Va has good staying power and great offensive output, but there is a cap on how heavy she can hit. Part of her value will be whatever Overwatch brings, but right now she’s just a generalist. I would lower points to 230, since I’m guessing that the Overwatch synergy is going to be loose, with more generalists (I don’t see any super strong leader-pieces). Or if you want, 225 or 235, odd costs might hurt generalist builds slightly, but would be a good tie to ensure OW characters are run together more often, plus for D.Va there are some awkwardly costed Protectors that coils use more friends. Maybe 235 if you move the Missiles to 15 or lower, which I highly recommend.
Old February 13th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Playtest w/ Splash thoughts:
Game 1:
D.VA was the biggest potential threat against my team, as she could theoretically kill Black Panther and Iron Man with the Micro Missiles alone, and Doctor Strange with the Micro Missiles + Double attack.
All the powers got plenty of use, but the problem was that despite the damage potential, she was offensively ineffective. There were so few hits with the Micro Missiles, that it seemed less like bad luck, and more that the roll number was too high.
The Defense Matrix did dictate how I attacked with my army, as I almost always attacked with melee attacks because of it, and when I did make ranged attacks with Doctor Strange, it messed up my plans enough that I regretted attacking.

Game 2:
D.VA also seems like a potential huge threat to Lanterns, with life of 4 being common amongst them, and the missiles bypassing their defenses. However, the rolls failed here as well. Being Large did exclude D.VA from being the victim of Diana's Passionate Fury, which meant I was best off engaging D.Va with Diana to prevent her from attacking White Lantern.
The one wound on White Lantern was thanks to DV.A's normal attack, which Guy didn't block.
I do think the Lantern's Landslide might have a lot to do with how Captain Britain was played. He seems like the type of leader who needs to make his moves once the rest of his team is already in the fray, but he entered first, and got 5 of 6 wounds very fast.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
I would bump the D20 to 15, and lower the cost to 220 or less. Game 1 makes me think she would be very good in an Avengers build with Black Panther (Visionary), as Black Panther makes the opponent not want to engage, and D.VA makes you only want to engage.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Tons of tools in her toolbelt, good damage potential, but more of a relentless light hitter and solid defensive unit. Was a lot of fun, and plays in a very active style.

Last edited by toyhandle; February 13th, 2022 at 07:26 PM.
Old February 14th, 2022, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the tests and great feedback!

She's definitely looking to be in the right ball park. I'm down for lowering Micro Missiles to 15 and/or lowering her points a little. Micro Missiles have under performed quite a bit.

Points wise 220-235 could work. I don't think she needs to be brought down much though. Otherwise I think she's set.
Old February 14th, 2022, 11:33 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Great job to our playtesters and great job to Skinderella!

I think having her end in an even/odd number just depends on where we want the faction to go. I think that's up to our primary faction architect personally! (I do think a drop to 220 is maybe a bit low though.)
Old February 14th, 2022, 11:34 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

D.Va could go odd if you make the pilot odd, encouraging them to be played together more. Regardless of if the faction goes odd/even.
Old February 14th, 2022, 11:50 AM

Thanks MrNobody!

225 or 235 I'm happy with to tie her with the pilot. I'll bring the pilot up on the public design thread later this evening.

The Overwatch faction as a whole I'm not too worried about specific points overall, but I think characters that work together could be worked into the evens/odds.

D.Va and Lúcio aren't tied to the Overwatch team currently (though Lúcio is part of it in Overwatch 2, and D.Va is getting a comic next month where she'll likely be recruited by Cassidy for a new team). I think ones we would want to tie the points together would be ones like Winston + Tracer, who were both Overwatch and are seen together a lot, or Reaper + Widowmaker. I think D.Va and Lúcio can be designed either way, as with some others like Symmetra, Hanzo etc.
Old February 14th, 2022, 12:12 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Been fun following this one.

Having this one and the pilot both end in 5 makes sense. 235 and leaving her as is would be my choice
Old February 14th, 2022, 12:39 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Fwiw, I really like the idea of Winston+Tracer and Reaper+Widowmaker being matching leader pairs.
Old February 14th, 2022, 01:38 PM

Agreed. Winston + Tracer is the ideal leader combo for the actual faction, or maybe just Winston with Tracer synergising well. He was the one to initiate the Overwatch recall (also why I mentioned an Overwatch Recall story card in the past), she was the first to answer.

I think Widowmaker and Reaper could have synergy with each other, but I think Doomfist should be the leader for that faction.

Widowmaker would be a particularly easy mod to do, likely the easiest of any OW character. Would be nice to have more characters outside the Monopoly 6.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library