Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 28th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

While, I think that the "Zungar" figure is interesting, I would be very opposed to it being the Aquilla Flag bearer, unless we can get at least 1 squad, unique or common, and at least 1 other hero. If we can't do that, then I'm opposed to that figure. The figure fits Aquilla thematically, but I don't want a flag bearer that doesn't have other representation within the general. I'm not thrilled with Gothlock, though I like the design, because there's only the Deathchasers, and nothing else to say he should even be in Valkrill. If we get just one other Orc hero for Valkrill, which is likely with the number of Orc figures out there, then I'll warm up to him a lot more.

That Dwarf Drummer is fantastic! If the C3V, or an SoV submission, can get a design through with that figure, and the aforementioned flag piece, I'll be very happy to accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm, come to think of it, couldn't you just find a plastic flag miniature in the correct size and style and a figure of whatever sort you wanted that was single-based, and put them together on a double base? Why does the figure have to actually be holding the flag?
That is exactly what I believe UtahScott is suggesting. Would the SoV/C3V accept the Drummer with a Flag attached to it? Or does the flag need to be part of the figure?
Old September 28th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I guess what I'm saying is that "drilling" isn't necessary if we can find a flag miniature out there that's single-based. In that case, we'd just need to transfer it to a double base, which rebasing is already a fairly standard custom procedure.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 28th, 2019, 09:27 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Why does the figure have to actually be holding the flag?
Not holding the flag. Drill a hole in the base behind the figure, post the upright flagpole in the hole, standalone.

Did I mention Gifted Vision is a Canadian company? The website shipping costs stateside are...unreasonable. I'll be talking to Jey, the owner, but I'm thinking some of our 3D printer folks could design a simple banner to be printed en masse?
Old September 28th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It was a rhetorical question addressed to preconceived notions about Flagbearer minis.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 28th, 2019, 10:16 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Hmm, come to think of it, couldn't you just find a plastic flag miniature in the correct size and style and a figure of whatever sort you wanted that was single-based, and put them together on a double base? Why does the figure have to actually be holding the flag?
Could do something different and unique with a dual creature flag/banner bearer. I've made my own using the D&D Angelfire Dwarf Wizard.

I cut off the staff and drilled a hole through his hand and got a paperclip piece and attached a Warhammer banner to it. Takes a bit of modding but not very much. The one I have is harder to come by but there is the Pathfinder Battles Dwarf Wizard which could be used in the same process.

Or the D&D Minis Shield Dwarf Wizard as well.

Both are relatively plentiful.

However that Dwarf Bard could have a flag mounted to his back.

Not sure we'd need to 3D print any flags. There's a lot of Warhammer banners that could be chosen for that, just a touch of painting and a sticker or decal.

Personally I don't mind the Zungar. Could use the Ardent one as well as a linked hero. I think it'd be good to expand the alien races Aquilla has beyond the Mariedians. Perhaps an alliance of various aliens who are part of their rebellion.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 28th, 2019, 10:22 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Not sure we'd need to 3D print any flags. There's a lot of Warhammer banners that could be chosen for that, just a touch of painting and a sticker or decal.
Do you have any links? I tried to look at their web catalog and it was really confusing.
Old September 28th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Do you have any links? I tried to look at their web catalog and it was really confusing.
Easiest to check out bits stores. Go to https://www.bitzstore.com and https://hoardobits.com and search for "banner".

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 28th, 2019, 11:07 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I really, really like the idea of gluing a flag onto the back of that dwarf bard. You could come up with an awesome drum-based ability.
Old September 28th, 2019, 11:16 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I really, really like the idea of gluing a flag onto the back of that dwarf bard. You could come up with an awesome drum-based ability.
Absolutely agree. The mini looks really good as a flag bearer.

A flag piece would be really easy to mold and duplicate with Oyumaru (bluestuff reusable molding material). Once one is chosen, I'd gladly make about 100 copies, paint them whatever colors are needed, and add a simple wash over them. Quantity would not be a problem. I could mail a box of 100 of them to someone in the C3V, all painted and ready to glue on. Just give me the word.
Old September 28th, 2019, 11:18 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

We should try and see if we can message paizo to get numbers on the Bard figure.
Old September 28th, 2019, 11:30 PM

Paizo has at least 99. I know this because if you add 99 to your cart (the maximum allowed) and then click update quantities, it will remove items that they do not have in stock. I have had it lower my cart of 99 down 57 before to reflect what they had in stock. If necessary I can link to a mini that has less than 99 so that anyone else can witness this for themselves.
Old September 28th, 2019, 11:33 PM

That’s fantastic. We should get on this ASAP.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs