Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 17th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Met up with @akden at a FLGS last night with intentions to play Dead of Winter. By the time I got there, the other gamers had started a euro, so we decided to change it up. We eased into the night with a game of Star Realms, always a nice filler.

The intensity was ratcheted up by orders of magnitude next, with a game of Legendary Encounters. Very thematic, even if we did use Alien characters with Aliens encounters. I wish the Marvel version played like this. Really good game that we barely defeated the Queen in. It's funny, because we did a good job with staying relatively healthy, but it still felt like we barely won. It definitely gives you the feeling of "What is out there?" due to the fact that the game forces you to "waste" attack to scan rooms to see if you have enough attack left to kill what ends up being in there. I don't really even like the movies, but I like the game. Sadly, the theme will prevent me from picking it up for a few years, but I can always play akden's.
Thanks, it was nice to play some games. You are exactly right regarding Legendary Encounters. I've played 4 or 5 solo games now, and I've only lost one, but every time I felt like I was on the verge of being wiped out. It does an excellent job of keeping things tense.

Reflecting on the first two games we played, I have to say that it is very impressive to me how you can start with the same basic mechanic and end up with so much variety. They are both deckbuilders, but they feel completely different, and they have minimal resemblance to Dominion. I love the idea of keeping mechanics fresh and fun by tweaking them and expanding upon them.

@Dad_Scaper : We were in Martinsburg, which is probably a little out of the way for you. It was a last minute thing, but I'm happy to bring some games for October.
Old September 17th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

More Shadowrun: Crossfire last night! We decided to bump our kharma up to 65 rather than spending all that time grinding it, and took on the Client scenario twice more. We used the extra where you start him at 1 life both times and the first time we added the challenge where each time you put out a hard obstacle, you put out another hard obstacle. That proved too much and we got slaughtered, but we did well enough the second time with just the Client at one life.

Then we went after the Dragon. Holy Moley. We didn't have a prayer.

Looking forward to playing it again and trying to figure out the best use of karma to tackle the Dragon. I think you're supposed to only play the Dragon with 4 or more players, and we only have 3, so that might be part of the issue.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 17th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I just played Wrath of Ashardalon with @Dragon4201976 . We played through two games of a three-game campaign arc, and we are doing pretty well so far. We are actually using characters from the Legend of Drizz't game. For those who don't know, both games are part of the D&D Adventure System, and use the same rules. This lets you mix and match components like monsters and heroes between the three games. We added a monster from Castle Ravenloft, so we used components from all three games.

Old September 17th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I just played Wrath of Ashardalon with @Dragon4201976 . We played through two games of a three-game campaign arc, and we are doing pretty well so far. We are actually using characters from the Legend of Drizz't game. For those who don't know, both games are part of the D&D Adventure System, and use the same rules. This lets you mix and match components like monsters and heroes between the three games. We added a monster from Castle Ravenloft, so we used components from all three games.
Mixing all them with the first in the series, Castle Ravenloft, is awesome, btw. All three make the game more interesting, mixing all the terrain and monsters together.
Old September 18th, 2014, 12:17 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Quartermaster General News

1. The first FAQ is now up on boardgamegeek.

2. The designer is now definitely planning for an expansion, as noted in that document.
Old September 18th, 2014, 05:52 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I picked up Sentinels of the Multiverse recently. Holy cow, why did I not pick this up sooner? This game is just fantastic. It's a superhero card game that really captures the feel better than any other (sorry Legendary). It is just oozing with theme and I am a major sucker for that.

I've tried it twice solo so far. In the first, Bunker, Fanatic, Wraith, and Haka went up against Baron Blade who was in The Block. This one was fairly easy and I never really felt threatened. Fanatic was down to 4 health, but that feels like how she plays. In true Paladin style, giving herself for the good of the others.

In the second, Legacy, Ra, and Tachyon went up against Citizen Dawn. This game was much, much different. We barely escaped this one alive. All three of my heroes were down to under 5 health before we could subdue her.

I love how each hero feels extremely unique and the cards really capture their powers. Tachyons speed, Wraith's utilities, Legacies support abilities, and on and on.

I've gotten the base set and Shattered Timelines so far, but there is upcoming birthday money that will be set aside for the rest.

This game gets two web shooters way up from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
More Shadowrun: Crossfire last night! We decided to bump our kharma up to 65 rather than spending all that time grinding it, and took on the Client scenario twice more. We used the extra where you start him at 1 life both times and the first time we added the challenge where each time you put out a hard obstacle, you put out another hard obstacle. That proved too much and we got slaughtered, but we did well enough the second time with just the Client at one life.

Then we went after the Dragon. Holy Moley. We didn't have a prayer.

Looking forward to playing it again and trying to figure out the best use of karma to tackle the Dragon. I think you're supposed to only play the Dragon with 4 or more players, and we only have 3, so that might be part of the issue.
I think this will be my next purchase after Sentinels. I've been looking at it quite a bit. The only thing that scares me is replay ability. Do you see that as an issue Bats?

It does cover lots of things that I love. Cards, leveling, solo play...

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 18th, 2014, 06:56 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just bought Jurassic Park 3 survival game, should be coming in the mail soon, hope to try it out on the 27th.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 18th, 2014, 08:29 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

The DnD Game went well with @Taeblewalker . I can not wait to finish what we started!

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

For those who haven't tried Sentinels (and have been reading all these recent posts on it here), it's on sale now at MM for $18.

For those that have been praising it, are you using the Sentinels Sidekick ap? I hear it's worth using, but I haven't picked it up. Anyone hear say it really worth the $5?

(I'll admit, I like Sentinels quite a bit, but there are times where you get enough cards in play that things start to slow down and feel fiddly. Is this the answer?)

Biggest tip for Sentinels that I'll offer: Start the game with wound markers on your hero card equal to their life. It is much easier to quickly subtract damage by just pulling wound chips off. (I do the same for anything that has a life value, in fact--just speeds things up for me.)
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:28 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the tip, @1Mmirg . I'll give that a try next time we play.
Old September 18th, 2014, 11:00 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I use that tip for Sentinels as well, 1Mmirg, and I echo your sentiments on it!

Sentinels is probably my favorite solo-play game right now. It's decent with other players, but I think I actually like it solo better.

Shadowrun: Crossfire actually plays pretty similar to Sentinels in a lot of ways and I'd say that with the base set it has about the same amount of replayability. The one thing with Shadowrun is that in order to level up your character you really have to grind out for a long time in some tough matches. I say screw that, though! Play it a couple of times and level up a little, then just give yourself a big karma boost to try out the harder stuff sooner. Honestly this is one I want to play a ton more of still and I find it a bit better as a multi-player (for my group at least) than Sentinels, possibly because there's less to keep track of (I can keep track of that stuff fine on my own, but it tends to annoy my game group).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 18th, 2014, 11:00 AM

I use that tip for Sentinels as well, 1Mmirg, and I echo your sentiments on it!

Sentinels is probably my favorite solo-play game right now. It's decent with other players, but I think I actually like it solo better.

Shadowrun: Crossfire actually plays pretty similar to Sentinels in a lot of ways and I'd say that with the base set it has about the same amount of replayability. The one thing with Shadowrun is that in order to level up your character you really have to grind out for a long time in some tough matches. I say screw that, though! Play it a couple of times and level up a little, then just give yourself a big karma boost to try out the harder stuff sooner. Honestly this is one I want to play a ton more of still and I find it a bit better as a multi-player (for my group at least) than Sentinels, possibly because there's less to keep track of (I can keep track of that stuff fine on my own, but it tends to annoy my game group).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games