Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 28th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Upside-down Man - Design

If its going to be shuffled, should we also specify face-down?

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old May 28th, 2022, 04:23 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Are we sure that all that text will fit on a card? Looking like it will be right on the edge currently.
Old May 28th, 2022, 04:46 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's a good question. I went in and did a mock up in MSE to see how much room we were using. The below version uses 30 lines, compared to Jotun (classic) coming in at 29 lines. If I eliminate the portion about him "never attacked when leaving an engagement" then that will drop it down to 29 lines. It may impact the font size by doing that (making it bigger).

Quote:
NAME = UPSIDE-DOWN MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = n/a

SPECIES = OTHERKIND
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = TORMENTOR
PERSONALITY = MALEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 13

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 705

TRUE MAGIC
Upside-down Man may draft or cast any Spell cards as though he has any Special Powers, Class, or Species listed on the Spell Cards. Upside-down Man never receives wounds from spells he casts. Whenever a Spell Card would be removed from the game, you may shuffle it into his Upside-down Deck face down.

UPSIDEDOWN CRUELTY
Upside-down Man is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Whenever Upside-down Man passes over a wounded figure, you may roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. If you roll a skull, take the top Spell Card from the Upside-down Deck and add it to your army.

LIVING MAGIC
After Upside-down Man casts a spell instead of attacking normally, he may immediately attack with his normal attack one time.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Upside-down Man is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Upside-down Man can take for this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Old May 28th, 2022, 06:39 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe eliminate Magical Defense and add to his Living Magic

LIVING MAGIC
After Upside-down Man casts a spell instead of attacking normally, he may immediately attack with his normal attack one time. When Upside-down Man is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Upside-down Man can take for this attack is one.

or if you want to make it even stronger

LIVING MAGIC
After Upside-down Man casts a spell instead of attacking normally, he may immediately attack with his normal attack one time. When Upside-down Man is attacked by an opponent's figure, the most wounds Upside-down Man can take for this attack is one.

And the following change

TRUE MAGIC
Upside-down Man may draft or cast any Spell cards as though he has Magical Defense special power and any Special Powers, Class, or Species listed on the Spell Cards. Upside-down Man never receives wounds from spells he casts. Whenever a Spell Card would be removed from the game, you may shuffle it into his Upside-down Deck face down.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old May 28th, 2022, 10:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The version in post #39 doesn't look bad to me. Maybe ask for an art check?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 28th, 2022, 10:23 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some minor trimming and rearranging:

TRUE MAGIC
You may draft or cast any Spell cards with Upside-down Man as though he has any Special Powers, Class, or Species listed on them Spell Cards. Upside-down Man never receives wounds from spells he casts. Whenever a Spell Card would be removed from the game, you may shuffle it face down into his Upside-down Deck.

UPSIDEDOWN CRUELTY
Upside-down Man is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Whenever Upside-down Man he passes over a wounded figure, you may roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. If you roll a skull, draw the top Spell Card from the Upside-down Deck and add it to your army.

LIVING MAGIC
After Upside-down Man casts a spell instead of attacking normally, he may immediately attack with his normal attack one time.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 28th, 2022, 10:25 PM

Pasteability:

TRUE MAGIC
You may draft or cast Spell cards with Upside-down Man as though he has any Special Powers, Class, or Species listed on them. Upside-down Man never receives wounds from spells he casts. Whenever a Spell Card would be removed from the game, you may shuffle it face down into his Upside-down Deck.

UPSIDEDOWN CRUELTY
Upside-down Man is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Whenever he passes over a wounded figure, you may roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. If you roll a skull, draw the top Spell Card from the Upside-down Deck and add it to your army.

LIVING MAGIC
After Upside-down Man casts a spell instead of attacking normally, he may immediately attack with his normal attack.

Old May 28th, 2022, 11:09 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds good, I'll drag those edits to the front page.

How do I initiate an Art Check? I didn't see it in the steps for leading a design
Old May 28th, 2022, 11:36 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Sounds good, I'll drag those edits to the front page.

How do I initiate an Art Check? I didn't see it in the steps for leading a design
Soundwarp is signed up for art, PM him and ask him if it looks like it will fit on a card.
Old May 29th, 2022, 09:26 AM

Or tagging and asking usually works as well. For Soundwarp, though, your best bet my be tagging on Discord.

It's not an official step or anything, just something we do sometimes when we're worried about text length.

Old May 29th, 2022, 02:17 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

the version in the SP fits at 6.5 with a tiny bit of room to spare.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 29th, 2022, 02:29 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Though I'd say the current design doesn't really work since with Magical Defense and 14 Life he's already totally unbeatable by a lot of stuff... and then the best play is just to draft like two or three of the healing spell and nothing else. Since then it is effectively impossible to harm him at all for most anything at that point.

I'd strongly consider just letting his first power work as one of those Magical Aptitude type powers instead of having Magical Defense. MD is a super degenerate power that breaks very easily.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library