Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

View Poll Results: 12 Days?
I want more 5 83.33%
You're full of it, TAF 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 13th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
24 Days of Christmas w/ TheAverageFan

Ho ho ho... well, there's 12 days until Christmas and there ain't been no real activity on the forum for nearly a week now. So in the spirit of giving I, TheAverageFan, will be posting a thing a day until the holiday is over and done with... unless I'm too lazy or I don't get enough views on the thread (don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe and check us out on Facebook and Twitter and the others--buy my book). Why such the effort? Well, I have no friends, or family... or life. So holidays on the Heroscapers it is!

Anyway, on with your first gift of the holiday season--more like a white elephant gift exchange gift: a repackaged piece of garbage nobody else wanted that you just brought back again for the fourth year in a row Grandma!!

I give you the precursor to my beloved first work on the site: the Prologue and first chapter of Thunderstorm by TheAverageFan, a story that only barely counts as Heroscape. Why Thunderstorm again? Because I only came up with this idea ten minutes ago! And because people'll actually read things if they're posted chapter-by-chapter! But something is something is something, so here ye go. On a side note, if any of y'all would be willing to read more, I'd be more than happy to post a chapter a day or something on a different thread if y'all need something to read this month or whatever.

Day 1: Thunderstorm, Ch. 1

Spoiler Alert!

EDIT: Now that the 12 Days are up, here's them all for you in the OP:

Day 2: Unit Strategy Guide: Major Q9

Spoiler Alert!

Day 3: The Very First Christmas*
*Except Not At All

Spoiler Alert!

Day 4: TheAverageFan's Christmas Poem

Spoiler Alert!

Day 5: How Taelord Stole Christmas
Spoiler Alert!

Day 6: A Valhalla Christmas

Spoiler Alert!

Day 7: J36, Part 1

Spoiler Alert!

Day 8: J36, Part 2

Spoiler Alert!

Day 9: Santa in Valhalla!
Spoiler Alert!

Day 10: The 12 Days of Heroscape Christmas
Spoiler Alert!

Day 11: A Heroscape Carol, Part 1

Spoiler Alert!

Day 12: A Heroscape Carol, Part 2

Spoiler Alert!

The 24 Days Of Christmas: Index Coming Soon.

Merry Christmas to all. Ho ho ho.
~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; December 13th, 2015 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Added Days Index
Old December 14th, 2014, 03:07 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 12 Days of Christmas w/ TheAverageFan

I'm actually reading Thunderstorm (read, 'at the pace of a sleeping snail')...
~TGRF.
Old December 14th, 2014, 04:43 AM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Glad to hear it... it's pretty lengthy but I think it's worth the endeavor.

Fear not otherwise, tomorrow (or technically later today), we'll have something else in store.

~TAF

Old December 14th, 2014, 02:27 PM

Day 2

Merry Happy, everybody! I'm TheAverageFan, here with another gift of Christmas joy here for you (an actual thing this time). Ho ho ho.

This time we're talking Unit Reviews, kiddies. There's official unit strategy guides, and there's fake ones, and they're all equally useful to one end or another. So this time I give you a Unit Strategy Guide for one of my personal least favorite units: Major Q9. Give it a read if you like unit guides or poor attempts at humor. I think the more actual guides you've read, the more you'll enjoy this one:

Day 2: Unit Strategy Guide: Major Q9

Spoiler Alert!

TheAverageFan would like to remind all readers that this is merely a joke, and that Major Q9 is never a laughing matter.

~TAF, more to come

Old December 14th, 2014, 02:45 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

That was... Amazing!

Spoiler Alert!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 14th, 2014, 04:55 PM

And who only has range 5 anyway? He's almost as useless as those Marro Stingers.

Old December 14th, 2014, 05:00 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
And who only has range 5 anyway? He's almost as useless as those Marro Stingers.
Those overrated 4th Mass guys only have one more. And they can't move or else they can't attack? Who would ever play them?

Spoiler Alert!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 14th, 2014, 08:46 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

TAF, you should look into writing articles for the Codex. Seriously. I'm loving how these things are written, and there's nothing wrong with a humorous article - we could actually probably use more. Your style of writing is great!
That strategy review was hilarious! I love how you flipped the strategy and then based everything else off of that. "Don't draft Raelin because then non one will want to attack him." Genius!
~TGRF.
Old December 14th, 2014, 08:57 PM

I'm afraid I'm not much of a journalist, but perhaps one day we'll see... I'm thinking my hands will be full for the next few days with all this writing.

~TAF, appreciative of the offer

Old December 14th, 2014, 09:07 PM

You could always contact Ninja Status and see if there is a non-journalistic area open. Tell him I sent you.
~TGRF.
P.S. You would think I would know, being part of the 'crew' and all, but I seem to exist solely in my department, wholly unaware of anything else.
Old December 14th, 2014, 09:12 PM

I'll think about it. Ho ho ho.

Old December 15th, 2014, 04:45 PM

Day 3

Chris-cringlin’, yo. Nothing like Christmas to get you in that December mood, kids. Sitting here by the fake fire, listening to the rain as I half-write-half-watch-television (one draft, no edits), it all really brings me back to the very first Christmas. Why, I’ll bet none of you have ever heard the real story of Christmas… ever!

Well, too bad if you ain’t heard it cause we’re talking the very first Heroscape Christmas. Yes—believe it or not—I, TheAverageFan, first got into Heroscape because I got it as a Christmas gift. Yeah, thanks a lot! Cost you 30 bucks, eh? Well, it ended up costing me 800 DOLLARS! How about I tell you the story of our very first Heroscape Christmas here at the Fan household? I wrote a book about it and it’s lying around here somewhere… Ah, here it is.

Day 3: The Very First Christmas*
*Except Not At All

Spoiler Alert!

So what’d we learn today, folks? Absolutely nothing? Well, you didn’t honestly think this one would be better than the Q9 review, did you? At least this story’s actually Christmas-themed! I don’t see you guys doing anything better! What’re you gonna do about it? Come at me, bro!

Ahem… anyways. I do hope you’ll join me next time as we continue our merry little romp through the world of the 12 Days of Christmas, starring me. I’ll see you all tomorrow, or whenever you comment next… I’ll be on the site… constantly… It’s so lonely in here.

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction