Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old May 10th, 2022, 01:51 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Settings for AnyCubic Photon

Hi All,
I just got my Anycubic Photon Mono SE and some Sirayatech abs-like resin. I'll be setting my printer up for the first time May 21st in a friend's garage, and was wondering what settings I should use to print heroscape - specifically small or medium figures. I'm going to start with Cyprein and some Phantom Knights.

If anyone has tips on either a) the correct settings or b) printer setup in general (including setting up post-processing correctly) it would be MUCH appreciated. My current experience is 0
Old May 10th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Settings for AnyCubic Photon

I'm no expert but I'm happy to get on a phone call with you about printing in general. I use an Elegoo Mars 2. PM me if interested.
Old May 10th, 2022, 03:38 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
I'm no expert but I'm happy to get on a phone call with you about printing in general. I use an Elegoo Mars 2. PM me if interested.
PM'd. Still open to advice from others on my question
Old May 10th, 2022, 11:26 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I do not have a printer, but have learned some tips as I researched getting one for Heroscape prints.
1) Level the bed. May need to repeat this.
2) Glue stick on your bed can be useful if you have problems getting prints to stick (FDM not resin)
3) A rinse basket to dunk into a container of IPA is useful
4) Make sure both the printer and the above have adequate ventilation, and consider using a P100 respirator

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; May 13th, 2022 at 01:49 AM. Reason: caveat on 2
Old May 11th, 2022, 12:43 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Knox , feel free to ask me whatever you need. I just picked up an anycubic mono x, have a longer orange 10, and my prior go to machine, that I still love to use very much is an anycubic photon. I also enjoy using sirayatech fast abs resin by itself or mixed. I have all the settings you need and I also have presupported models of scape figures that ive already made ready to print. I don't mind throwing you some settings and pointers. At this point in time I've easily printed over 3000 minis on my resin printers and know all about the process. I'd prefer you hit me on facebook messenger. Jared Trexler on there with a 501st clonetrooper avatar. Just let me know its Knox from heroscapers. Happy to help.
Old May 11th, 2022, 12:50 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I do not have a printer, but have learned some tips as I researched getting one for Heroscape prints.
1) Level the bed. May need to repeat this.
2) Glue stick on your bed can be useful if you have problems getting prints to stick.
3) A rinse basket to dunk into a container of IPA is useful
4) Make sure both the printer and the above have adequate ventilation, and consider using a P100 respirator
Absolutely no gluestick on the resin printer fep/or bed. It'll contaminate the resin. That's a decent trick for fdm printers heated bed if you're not getting adhesion amongst other routes. Isopropyl alcohol is something you will definitely need to clean your prints. Ventilation is a good idea, I have many resources in my toolbox to throw at you to see which works best for you. Respirator is mainly useful when the print is being cured in any capacity. @Knox , like I said, I can let you know what you need to do and get you on your way printing minis.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing