Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 24th, 2021, 11:36 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Thor (Avengers) (Public Playtesting)

Yeah kinda It's a nice detailed figure otherwise.

I'll get some pics next week or so. Take 'em or leave 'em.
Old March 24th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Appreciate it!
Old March 24th, 2021, 11:53 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

It's been said I look like Cillian Murphy and Nicholas Hoult before. Never have I been Chris Hemsworth.
Old March 29th, 2021, 04:00 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Thor (Avengers)

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Thor(450), Valkyrie(350) (800)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Moon Knight(150), Daredevil II(200) (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Thor(450), Spider-Man(280), Cap(240), Winter Soldier II(240) (1210)
vs.
Fantastic Four(1000), Nightcrawler II(210) (1210)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Definitely has some scary potential. King of funny to see him ping ponging around anytime someone takes wounds, including on the same turn. I'm assuming when an attack or special power deals wounds to multiple people in succession, like Human Torch's Fo4, he can roll 2 dice per person that receives wounds/per set of wounds dealt. 450 seems close. Seeing him paired with lockdown units like Blob combined with boosters, might be good.
Old March 29th, 2021, 03:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

So if I'm lucky enough to get an AoE SA to hit 4 heroes, and they each take a W, I get hit with 8 unblockable attack dice and die? Seems like he'd be filling that old Bizzarro pod protector role.
Old March 29th, 2021, 03:58 PM
...has moist legs

Yeah a once-per-turn clause, or even once-per-attack seems like a good addition. That's how I parsed it in my head anyway.
Old March 29th, 2021, 04:01 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Might be good to put a once per turn on the protection power, I know we put that kind of restriction on Superboy because of the potential of rampant flying around feeling weird on multi-turns or multi-attacks.
Old March 29th, 2021, 04:08 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks Ark! Yeah, a once per player turn restriction sounds like a good idea. I also talked to toyhandle last night and we determined this change would probably make sense;
Quote:
HAMMER OF THOR
When attacking an adjacent figure with Thor's normal attack, add 4 to his Attack number. When Thor is destroyed, place a Glyph of Mjolnir on an empty space within 4 spaces of the space he previously occupied.
Slightly longer, but avoids confusion about what happens when Thor is saved from destruction (like by Valkyrie.)
Old March 29th, 2021, 04:10 PM
...has moist legs

Extra clarification is good with me

That's kinda what we used on Sentry in case of weird mid turn movements, too.
Old March 31st, 2021, 03:28 PM
Just A Head

From Cinderquail;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderquail
Playtests are in, let me know if you have any additional questions.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Thor (Avengers)

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Thor (Avengers), Sif, Karnilla VS Superman (Justice League), Wonder Woman (Justice League), Batman (Justice League)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Mountain Spring
Units: Captain America (Avengers), Thor (Avengers), Iron Man (Avengers), Winter Soldier (Team-up) VS Professor X, Wolverine, Deadpool, Strong Guy, Sage, Skrull Infiltrator
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: For his cost hes great would take him over the other Thor most times. In a Avengers Team hes rediculous, with out them hes still a good choice for a heavy hitter. But Avenging Asgardian needs some tweaking.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Loved this Thor my opponents didn't like him as much. He can dish out damage and take a beating with Avengers Cap on his side. Would definitly tweak Avenging Asgardian maybe giving it a limited range. Does he take leaving engagements from making that movement? All in all really enjoyed playing Thor, especially with the Avengers versions of Iron Man and Captain America.
I'm going to ask him some follow-up questions about how he played Avenging Asgardian.
Old March 31st, 2021, 04:05 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderquail
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody
Thanks for the playtests! I had some quick follow-up questions for you about Avenging Asgardian;
1. When it comes to LEAs, we've moved towards the idea of "not stating the default" - basically just not requiring the spelling out of "this character takes LEAs when moved this way" because that's the standard way moving works. Did you play AA with Thor taking LEAs?
2. Thor should only be able to use AA if the character is within his movement range (6 spaces), since if he can't get there by moving he can't use it. Did you play the power as allowing him to move infinite spaces?

Either way, I think it's valuable feedback if the power is too confusing to parse. I'll be looking into how to word it better...thanks again!
Wasn't aware of the LEA wording, I did play him not taking LEA when moving with that. Even taking 2 wounds from leaving the outcome of the second most likely would have been the same. As for moving he never moved to far with AA but throwing a rule clarification on his page when he gets released would clear that up. That being said really do love the figure, looking forward to his release.
Looks like there are a few times where Avenging Asgardian could've caused some LEA wounds, shifting that second game a little bit. Makes me less concerned about 2 wins overall. I think we're just waiting on toyhandle in order to make a final determination!
Old April 14th, 2021, 03:02 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Thor (Avengers)

Army Test
Map: Ivy’s Greenhouse
Units: Thor (Avengers), Iron Man (Avengers), Cap (Avengers), Leech Total: 1000pts

Orig X-Men
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Country Road
Units: Thor, Mr. Terrific, Raiden
JLA Trinity.
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Grundy’s Grave
JLA Trinity
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Grundy’s Grave
JLA Trinity
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Country Road
JLA Trinity.
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
The powers compliment extremely well with Cap and Iron Man (Avengers). In the heavy hitter JLA battles, it was very swingy, with the victor of the match determined by whether Thor would beat Superman or not. Superman managed to destroy Thor in 3 out of 4 games, Raiden rescuing Thor in 2 of them, and only keeping Thor alive in 1 of those games. Mjolnir brings a fun tension post Thor’s destruction if both armies have a figure that can equip it.
In my games, Steve Rogers wasn’t terribly effective in his use of it, and Mr. T wouldn’t have been too formidable if he had managed to grab it, but Superman was devastating with Mjolnir. Thus, drafting this Thor could be more beneficial to the opponent’s army, if they have a Valiant heavy hitter of their own.
In this, Mjolnir makes this version of Thor a riskier draft than the first version.
I don’t think he should cost as much as Superman. I’d go 10-30pts lower than 450. 450 is a little too expensive for the risk he brings, and limits his draftability. At 440, that would allow a team of Cap, Iron Man, Thor and Stan Lee for an even 1000pts, where Stan can be Valiant, and Cameo Appearance can prevent Thor’s death, which was the greatest benefit Raiden provided to Thor. But 440 would be the maximum I would put him at.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Extremely fun and well crafted. Certainly a character that the opponent must play around, usually focusing all fire on him. I wouldn’t change anything except lowering the cost.
I really like Toy's idea of putting him at 440 for that Avengers Trinity + Stan Lee army. Anyone have objections to moving forward to FE with that?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library