Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2020, 03:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Gave this scenario a go for Star Wars Legion skirmish mode of 500 point armies instead of 800 and 3x3 board instead of 6x3.

The winning conditions were 2 points for each side with most leaders in base contact with any of the 3 structures at the end of 6 rounds. First round had limited visibility for no ranged attacks beyond range 2.
I just randomly drew the Rebel Command cards each Command phase and deliberately chose he Imperial Command cards, like normal play. I was playing the Imperials, so I wanted to control what I played. This isn't the solo variant that I have printed out, as that one doesn't use Command cards for the AI opponent, it has 10 special cards that you make a deck with and draw from to give them command phase benefits and how to activate units. I'll try that another time.

This was pretty balanced and fun, though I had learned some things from the a previous game, which was a slaughter by the Rebels.

Luke got focused fired upon early and was taking wounds, had 3 of 6. But more importantly was the suppression tokens that added up. And a Command card for Vader actually allowed him to give 3 suppression to Luke. He had to leap out of the fray and onto a building. His next activation he only removed one suppression at the beginning of his activation, so he was still suppressed and had only one action. So he took a recover action to get rid of all the suppression to be ready for the next round.

Vader was a beast. He went at the AT-RT with his lightsaber and damaged it enough to have it get an immobilized damage token, so it couldn't reverse and would take both actions to move. This was huge because a pivot to get enemies in the front firing arc would have cost both actions and it still needed to get in contact with the central structure to have a chance of control.

Vader also made use of his Force Choke a couple times to auto kill a squad trooper within range 1. He took out most of a squad before Luke jumped down to engage Vader. He hurt Vader some, as Vader was taking damage here and there, but he had 8 health to work with. He eventually took out Luke and the rest of the one squad. But the pair of Fleet Troopers went in and finished Vader to get him from having any control of that building.

There was and single Rebel trooper leader and the AT-RT engaged with the central structure, but a pair of Stormtroopers by the other building took out that Rebel trooper. Then the Snowtroopers had to double move that get there for control.

Finally, a full squad of Stormtroopers had been on the roof of a building, but they wanted down to move thatoherehe here thatohereheheykhe central structure. A Command card by Vader called Ways to Motivate Them, or something to thatohereheheykhe here effect, allowed a Imperial unit to take a wound (lose one trooper for a squad ) to get a free action. The unit leader threw a trooper off the roof, then they used 2 actions to climb down safely and shoot at the AT-RT to give its 5th of 6 damage. Final round got them to the center structure and claim majority there.
So Imperials had 4 points for control of 2 structures and Rebels got 2 points for control of 1.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 3rd, 2020, 04:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My next solo setup. First time I'll be trying out Boba Fett, an Imperial Scout Sabateur, a Rebel Commando sniper team, Rebel Commando squad, Jyn Erso and the Landspeeder.

The setup cards had me add 8 barricades, 2x2 corner deployment areas and Elimination victory conditions.

Imperials won 7-3. Boba Fett had put a bounty on Jyn, so she was worth 3 points when killed. The Landspeeder and sniper team was worth 2 points and the sniper team and one Rebel troopers unit destroyed was 1 point each.

Speeder Bikes were 2 points and the Scouts were worth 2 points.

The Imperials were close to losing a couple more units, but they rolled good defense with the red dice.

Boba Fett was a beast, his mobility is suited for a small board, where he can dart around and use arsenal 2. Getting a free aim token from the generic commander helped too.

Jyn didn't do so well. Too much enemies that were able to get shots at her. Boba did the whipcord on her to give her 2 more (4 at the time ) suppression and 2 immobility tokens. Brutal!

The Landspeeder was fun. It got dinged up early and disabled, so couldn't reverse and cost 2 actions to move. But having the compulsory move did get it around that, and having Wedge driving it, he was able to pivot full 360 , though it cost both actions to pivot, being a move. Did some damage here and there and suppressed enemy.

Rebel Sniper team was fun and had some good shots. Early on, getting some hits on stormtroopers that were behind the building was cool. Shooting through the garage and back window.

Imperial demo team was cool. Though I screwed up early and used a move 1 tool to place the bomb, when it should have been a range 1 tool. Regardless, it did hit the Landspeeder for a damage and was a threat to keep rebels from coming around the corner.

I'll try this one again, so I can try different things and hopefully get more out of Jyn.

Last edited by Hahma; May 3rd, 2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 09:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks like a great way to play solo without doing anything different other than doing random command cards. One thing I seen in your report that on most scenarios the vehicles cant claim objectives. It looks like a fun way to try out new units and get a feel for more factions. Last night I dove head first into a huge terrain project. This is hands down the sweetest game board yet. Ive had the fdm printer running around the clock making doors and greebles and things for my different buildings. Not sure how long it will takebut Ill post pics when Im finished.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 3rd, 2020, 10:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

With regards to the vehicles claiming objectives, for the scenario I played, it said "unit leader" in base contact with the terrain pieces. So a vehicle is its own unit leader. Some scenarios say trooper unit leader, so that would exclude vehicles.

I still want to try using th AI rules by Crabbok. It has 10 AI cards that you play the AI side with. The AI doesn't use command cards, you draw an AI card and do what it says at the top for command phase. It gives the AI side some benefits. Then you shuffle thay card back in the AI deck.

All AI unit tokens are drawn randomly, and then you draw an AI card. It will have a section with the action types that are a priority, then other sections to help out prioritizing move and attacks.

Here's the link to Crabbok's site to check it out.

http://www.crabbok.com/custom-content/legion-ai-system/

I look forward to seeing your awesome stuff you have been working on

Old May 4th, 2020, 12:35 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Great Star Wars day stuff @Hahma !
Old May 4th, 2020, 12:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Great Star Wars day stuff @Hahma !
Thanks Porkins!

I had played 8 scenarios for Rangers of Shadow Deep over a few week period so I could finish a campaign. I wanted to get that wrapped up so I could get back into Star Wars Legion and get some games played in honor of today's holiday

Last night, I started to replay the last scenario again, the one with Jyn and Boba Fett. This time I'm using the AI cards and rules to control the Imperials. Got one round played and will continue tonight.

Old May 5th, 2020, 07:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

They really wanted Jyn dead! She had put 3 wounds on Boba Fett earlier and damaged one speeder bike before they combined to take her out. But the Landspeeder got some revenge, in finishing off Boba and the damaged speeder bike.

Old May 10th, 2020, 07:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

So I finally got enough time to finish my resin printer setup and was going to show some pics to you guys that wanted to see it.

Basically I have power ran into the box with a surge protector power strip with a switch. The printer is plugged into the strip along with an exhaust fan that I installed to blow the resin fumes out an exhaust hose at the window. I installed a wood spacer in the window seal that is the same thickness as the window pane. I used a hole saw to punch a hole through it and jig sawed a slighlty larger circle out of it to install the hose bracket to. The exhaust vent is clamped to it allowing the fumes to be blown out. The entire box is sealed except for a couple of small holes by the hinges. That allows the air to be sucked in to keep from making a suction acting like a damper. The light in the top of the box is just a battery powered push light that I adhered to the ceiling of the box to give more light if needed while changing prints. @Dad_Scaper @Tornado

I also have my fdm printer set up on the top of the enclosure.

Old May 10th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Cool! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing what you make.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 11th, 2020, 12:39 AM
"like" happy

The verdict is in. With my researched settings and new set up my first print from the enclosure and second print ever on the resin was a success. My enclosure and ventilation system proved to be great. I couldnt smell a whiff of any of the resin when all was said and done. With my settings I was able to pull of 98% of the supports of all 4 heavy stormtrooper models in only 3 minutes. I bathed them in an IPA bath and with scrape the remaining couple little supports away before I finish curing them with a scalpel and lightly scrub them with a tooth brush in the IPA. Im very impressed and have already started up another set of files I put together. I used chitubox with manual supports for my print settings. Ill post pics later of the first batch of minis.

Old May 11th, 2020, 06:11 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. Nice work.
Old May 11th, 2020, 03:00 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice pictures and batrep!

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures