Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old February 10th, 2016, 12:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Do you think stand alone films will be what the masses want by the time fox marvel and Dc have expanded universe?
I think there is room for both. As long as the shared universe films are well done and interconnected in interesting and fun ways, they will remain popular with their target audience of comic book fans since comics books have been running stories in a shared universe for decades. Stand alone films also have their place though and won't be replaced. Sometimes you just want a story that starts and ends in one film, which is why sequels are often seen as unnecessary money grabs by the studios.

I don't know, I didn't think Harry Potter 7.2, Hunger Games 3.2 or Hobbit .2 and Hobbit .3 were money grabs, did you?
I never saw any of the Hunger Game and quit watching the Harry Potter movies before they reached #7, but I did watch all 3 Hobbit movies. All 3 franchises you referenced here were based on books, so they followed a preconceived story arc and I have no problem with studios taking their time and properly telling a story over multiple films rather then forcing it into a 2 hour box. What I was referencing by the money grab comment was thinks more like Men in Black II & III. The first Men in Black was a fine stand alone movie that really didn't need a follow up. I saw the 2nd one, wasn't as good as the first and never saw the 3rd one. Jurassic Park was another fine solo movie that really got worse with unneeded 2.0 & 3.0 movies that were rushed into theaters in order to capitalize on the popularity of the first one. I know 4.0 did great this year, but that one came a decade after the other ones. Same with Independence Day 2.0 coming out this summer, it has been long enough between movies that the sequel seems like a welcome revisit to that world.

I'm not saying that all squeals suck or should not be made. Just that often the studios are in such a rush to cash in on a popular movie with a sequel they don't bother to take the time to make a good movie and not all good movies need to have a sequel within the next 2-3 years.
Old February 10th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I think they overdid the Hobbit they could've done it in 2 movies and it would've been better.
Old February 10th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Never saw the third Hobbit movie. The second one was kind of a deal-breaker. I'll take the animated version over the Peter Jackson self-parody any day of the week.
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:10 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I think they overdid the Hobbit they could've done it in 2 movies and it would've been better.
Completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Never saw the third Hobbit movie. The second one was kind of a deal-breaker. I'll take the animated version over the Peter Jackson self-parody any day of the week.
I was already apprehensive after the first one. Riding around on the knees of a rock giant or a rabbit drawn sled was utter stupidity. The second one was just terrible. They crammed in so much garbage that just wasn't in the book that they ruined it. I watched the third one once, on DVD, just to see the resolution, but I won't watch it again.
EDIT: Also, Beorn in human form looked like they used the same makeup and FX technology they had available for a stage play that took place at the time the book was written...
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I thought the first one was terrible, the second one was somehow worse, and the third one at least ended on a higher note. On a re-watch the first Hobbit movie isn't that bad, but it's nothing like LOTR.

I came to the conclusion that how we feel about the Hobbit trilogy is exactly how people felt about the Star Wars prequel trilogy. The Hobbit trilogy has an overabundance of CGI, ridiculous scenes for laughs, over-the-top unbelievable action sequences, and it finally gets a more serious tone by the third movie.
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:19 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Jumping around on barrels and shooting Orcs was totally believable!
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Personally, I thought the first one was great fun and have seen it multiple times (especially loved the Riddles in the Dark scene - whatever you say about the rest of the films, that scene was brilliant, IMO! ). The second one was a bit boring and left me with no desire to re-watch it. The third one was a slow and unfocused mess, from what I saw, which I still haven't finished and feel no desire to.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Completely agree.
Agreed - btw, I haven't seen it myself, but apparently there's supposed to be a 4 hour fan cut of the three films that apparently good.

Quote:
I was already apprehensive after the first one. Riding around on the knees of a rock giant or a rabbit drawn sled was utter stupidity.
Surprisingly enough (at least it surprised me), the rock giants were actually in the book, even if that scene wasn't:

'When he peeped out in the lightning flashes, he saw that across the valley the rock giants were out, and were hurling rocks at one another for game...'

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Surprisingly enough (at least it surprised me), the rock giants were actually in the book, even if that scene wasn't:

'When he peeped out in the lightning flashes, he saw that across the valley the rock giants were out, and were hurling rocks at one another for game...'
Yes, it was cool to see the giants referenced in the movie, but they overdid that part. The book says they were across the valley, not under their feet
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post

Yes, it was cool to see the giants referenced in the movie, but they overdid that part. The book says they were across the valley, not under their feet
Agreed - the film was hardly perfect. I was just a bit surprised they existed at all when I thought to check back after watching it. Still, Gollum was brilliant.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Do you think stand alone films will be what the masses want by the time fox marvel and Dc have expanded universe?
I think there is room for both. As long as the shared universe films are well done and interconnected in interesting and fun ways, they will remain popular with their target audience of comic book fans since comics books have been running stories in a shared universe for decades. Stand alone films also have their place though and won't be replaced. Sometimes you just want a story that starts and ends in one film, which is why sequels are often seen as unnecessary money grabs by the studios.

I don't know, I didn't think Harry Potter 7.2, Hunger Games 3.2 or Hobbit .2 and Hobbit .3 were money grabs, did you?
I never saw any of the Hunger Game and quit watching the Harry Potter movies before they reached #7, but I did watch all 3 Hobbit movies. All 3 franchises you referenced here were based on books, so they followed a preconceived story arc and I have no problem with studios taking their time and properly telling a story over multiple films rather then forcing it into a 2 hour box. What I was referencing by the money grab comment was thinks more like Men in Black II & III. The first Men in Black was a fine stand alone movie that really didn't need a follow up. I saw the 2nd one, wasn't as good as the first and never saw the 3rd one. Jurassic Park was another fine solo movie that really got worse with unneeded 2.0 & 3.0 movies that were rushed into theaters in order to capitalize on the popularity of the first one. I know 4.0 did great this year, but that one came a decade after the other ones. Same with Independence Day 2.0 coming out this summer, it has been long enough between movies that the sequel seems like a welcome revisit to that world.

I'm not saying that all squeals suck or should not be made. Just that often the studios are in such a rush to cash in on a popular movie with a sequel they don't bother to take the time to make a good movie and not all good movies need to have a sequel within the next 2-3 years.
I'm sure you knew but had to point out that Jurassic Park was based on books as well. Though part 3 was just an excuse to put in the scenes from the book they left out in the first two movies. Surprisingly I can't remember much about the 2nd one right now.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Didn't know the Jurassic sequels had anything to do with a book.
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:46 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

In fairness, there's only a second Jurassic Park book because Michael Crichton was pressured into making one so that a second film could be made. It's not like Harry Potter or something where it was already a series.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape