Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 18th, 2022, 12:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: caps's Customs Redux - STAR WARS: Jango Fett and Darth M

Cool. Would not mind seeing the SA have a little more oomph. Being a once per game power I would be unhappy if I rolled no skulls.
Is Mandalorian what they call the clones?
Old August 18th, 2022, 12:56 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool. Would not mind seeing the SA have a little more oomph. Being a once per game power I would be unhappy if I rolled no skulls.
No-skulls attacks are part of the game. It's not much different from getting no skulls on the double attack.

Quote:
Is Mandalorian what they call the clones?
No. Mandalorians are more of a cultural group. They have a kind of religion and a variety of cultural perspectives. They often adopt people from other groups and/or have people join them from other groups. They can be recognized from their distinctive armor. Jango Fett was a Mandalorian, and Boba was his clone.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 18th, 2022, 04:03 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Right on. That is cool. Yeah, would probably go Human there then.
Could Mandalorian be a Personality?
Old August 18th, 2022, 04:08 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Mandalorian could be a Personality... but it's a bit of a stretch. And with no synergy (now or in the works) I don't see the need. That's a creative suggestion though; I'll keep it in my back pocket.

--
--
--

--
Old August 19th, 2022, 10:56 AM

Re: caps's Customs Redux - STAR WARS: Boba, Jango, Maul

Here is my design for Boba. It resembles Jango, with some key differences:

- an explosion special rather than a line-based special
- single attack of 3 rather than double attack of 4
- a range of 6 rather than a range of 5

Boba should end up being better against other heroes than Jango, where Jango should be a little more of an anti-squad figure (and that is reflected in their point values).
Boba Fett
Vydar

Mandalorian
Unique Hero
Bounty Hunter
Tricky
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points 105

JETPACK ROCKET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Jetpack Rocket Special Attack. Boba Fett only needs clear sight at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. You may only use Jetpack Rocket Special Attack once per game.

CABLE 12
After moving and before attacking, choose a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Boba Fett. Roll the d20. If you roll a 12 or higher, the chosen figure cannot roll any defense dice when attacked by Boba Fett this turn.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Boba Fett's movement, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Boba Fett will take leaving engagement attacks when he starts to fly.
Like Jango, I will probably change his species to Human.

--
--
--

--
Old August 23rd, 2022, 11:28 AM

Re: caps's Customs Redux - STAR WARS: Vader, Fetts, Maul

As much as I try to be really restrained with my designs, some designs call for a higher level of power. Such is the case with Darth Vader.

While I could probably reign him in a little by bringing any or all of his life, attack, and, defense values down by 1, I like where he's at right now.

Shoutout to the DFW Star Wars custom group, @Dignan , @Rÿchean , and co. whom I believe I took inspiration from on the Force Choke power.
Darth Vader
Utgar

Human
Unique Hero
Sith
Unyielding
Medium 6

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 5
Points 195

FORCE CHOKE
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Darth Vader and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound, and you may roll for Force Choke against that figure again.

ONSLAUGHT 2
After attacking with Darth Vader, if he destroyed a figure with his normal attack, he may move up to 2 spaces and attack again. Darth Vader may continue using Onslaught until he does not destroy a figure.

FORCE LEAP 2
Instead of his normal move, Darth Vader may use Force Leap to move 2 spaces. When counting spaces for Force Leap, ignore elevations, terrain effects, figures, and obstacles. Darth Vader will take leaving engagement attacks when he starts to use Force Leap.
As in other instances, I should probably check to see if Unyielding is a new personality, and if there is an existing personality that fits as well or better.

The intention with Force Choke is that he can continue rolling for it as long as he gets a 14+. I think the wording expresses that clearly enough.

One other tweak I've considered and discarded as too complex (and arguably too powerful and/or unthematic) is allowing him to have the option of using Force Leap instead of regular movement during Onslaught, possibly limiting that to once a turn. Vader always seemed a little slow, plodding, and inevitable to me in the movies, so the idea of him leaping all over the place to mow down squad figures feels a little athematic.

--
--
--

--
Old August 23rd, 2022, 02:28 PM

Very cool. I agree with the plodding aspect, he is more akin to a slasher like Jason Vorhees than an action hero type.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Very cool. I agree with the plodding aspect, he is more akin to a slasher like Jason Vorhees than an action hero type.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

--
--
--

--
Old August 24th, 2022, 01:06 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

As with your Darth Maul, I think this version of Darth Vader exercises restraint while delivering a concise thematic package. Despite the higher power level than Maul, Vader is inherently limited by his lack of a reliable multi-kill option. Armies that have the mobility and/or range to play around extended Onslaught chains will do so, but the tanky base stats and d20 wound potential at 4 range combine to ensure Vader will get his chances to do damage. If there's one part of the design I'm less sure about, it's the third power.

I understand why it's there thematically and mechanically. In the source material, Vader leaps now and then in duels, albeit without the grace of more intact force-users, and the either-or choice of Leap or move normally without allowing him to use it outside of his turn creates that nice plodding feeling. Even if it will be used less often than his other powers (and I'm not convinced it won't come up more often than I think at first glance), I still think it has a place on the card.

I feel like Unyielding is just a synonym for Relentless, so I don't think it would be athematic to go with that. Alternatively, if Darth Maul is Menacing (and I think he is) then maybe Darth Vader is Terrifying? That's certainly the sense I get from scenes such as the Cloud City duel, and the massacre at the end of Rogue One. It doesn't take into account the more conflicted mood of scenes from Episode VI, but then, I don't think a 'Scape rendition of Vader needs to do that. He's bisecting enemies, not monologuing.

Old August 24th, 2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
As with your Darth Maul, I think this version of Darth Vader exercises restraint while delivering a concise thematic package. Despite the higher power level than Maul, Vader is inherently limited by his lack of a reliable multi-kill option. Armies that have the mobility and/or range to play around extended Onslaught chains will do so, but the tanky base stats and d20 wound potential at 4 range combine to ensure Vader will get his chances to do damage. If there's one part of the design I'm less sure about, it's the third power.

I understand why it's there thematically and mechanically. In the source material, Vader leaps now and then in duels, albeit without the grace of more intact force-users, and the either-or choice of Leap or move normally without allowing him to use it outside of his turn creates that nice plodding feeling. Even if it will be used less often than his other powers (and I'm not convinced it won't come up more often than I think at first glance), I still think it has a place on the card.

I feel like Unyielding is just a synonym for Relentless, so I don't think it would be athematic to go with that. Alternatively, if Darth Maul is Menacing (and I think he is) then maybe Darth Vader is Terrifying? That's certainly the sense I get from scenes such as the Cloud City duel, and the massacre at the end of Rogue One. It doesn't take into account the more conflicted mood of scenes from Episode VI, but then, I don't think a 'Scape rendition of Vader needs to do that. He's bisecting enemies, not monologuing.

A side note: the "default" force leap distance on my cards is 3. Vader only has 2 (and I think he is the only one I've done so far with just 2), which is consistent with his slower plodding speed and relative lack of grace. At least one card has a value greater than 3--I'll let people try to guess which one that is.

I did just realize that I didn't put the 45-level restriction in Vader's text; whoops. I should go add it in to all my unpublished drafts...

Ooh, Terrifying would be good. I like that.

Thanks for the comments!

--
--
--

--
Old August 24th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I figured 3 would be standard (it mirrors the original Shaolin Leap, IIRC), so 2 on Vader very much makes sense. It will be useful for navigating all sorts of obstacles, snatching high ground, etc.

Gosh, who would Leap 4+ spaces? I could see Anakin based on sheer power, or maybe Ahsoka Tano with the benefit of youth & mobility? Whoever it is, I’m excited to see the stats!
Old August 24th, 2022, 02:37 PM

Re: caps's Customs Redux - STAR WARS Sidious, Vader, Fetts,

More stats, he says? Alright!

Yet again the personality of my first draft is probably not what I'll use for the final card. Manipulative is a little too simple--it makes him sound like he's merely an unhealthy family member or life partner rather than one of the most successful puppet-masters in fiction.

Machinations gives additional flexibility and deception to Palpatine's army without him having to do anything active. Sith Lightning is a deadly ranged attack. But yeesh--he is frail. You'll want to find some kind of way to protect him...
Emperor Palpatine
Utgar

Human
Unique Hero
Sith
Manipulative
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2
Points 135

MACHINATIONS
Every round, before placing Order Markers, you may place an additional 1, 2, 3, or "X" Order Marker. When you would reveal your 1, 2, or 3 Order Marker, you may reveal the additional one instead.

SITH LIGHTNING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 5.
Emperor Palpatine may only use Sith Lightning Special Attack once per round.
Oh, you meant the stats of the figure with Force Leap 4? You'll have to wait longer for those...

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards