Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old October 22nd, 2022, 01:17 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 2022 C3V Playtest Tournament - Semifinals Until 10/24

I couldn’t make my game with Dysole as I’m just too swamped with school work and tutoring. But this was fun, I’ve never been in a tournament with unreleased units and playtesting them. Patroller definitely put in work in I think all my games he was played in. The viking spirits do him a lot of good.

Good luck in the finals Dysole as well as Knight of Light. I probably won’t play in an online tournament for a bit as it became kinda too much with this school semester. But maybe this winter break.

Looking forward to when these units officially release!
Old October 23rd, 2022, 04:46 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2022 C3V Playtest Tournament - Championship

The Finals are on Volcarren Paradise (TG x4).

The KnightofLight (4-1) v. Dysole (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Cron Brawn: Omegacron, Betacron, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Omnicron Snipers x2
* Peanut Butter and Javelin Sandwich : Greyspears, Swiftfangs, Arktos, Bahadur, Kolbjorn, Mezzodemons x1
* If At First You Don't Succeed, Tribe, Tribe Again: Teeth of the Makwa x3, Mohican River Tribe x3, Kolbjorn, Brave Arrow
* Heal of Fortune: deathreavers x2, Saan Tiim, Ana Karithon, Laglor, Raelin (RotV), Heirloom
KnightofLight chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Dysole chooses who places first.
Old November 6th, 2022, 11:59 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker
Re: 2022 C3V Playtest Tournament - Championship

It has been a busy past couple of days, but Dysole and I were able to fit in our finals game yesterday morning. Here is the run down:

I had Dysole's mohican build while she had her San Tiim pod.

Round 1:
After Kolbjorn jogged forward 3 spaces, Dysole won initiative and moved Anna forward within Raelin's aura, next to a jungle bush, and I began the hunt by moving some mohicans I started by getting a lucky wound on Anna with a pot shot and Dysole took turn 2 to move Laglor up and took a potshot back at one of my mohicans, but no symbols and 1 skull was blocked. My turn 2, I continued to focus fire on Anna and managed a very lucky 3/3 skulls into 1/5 shields dealing 2 more wounds to Anna. Dysole took turn 3 to kill a mohican with Laglor. For my turn 3 I took another 3v5 on Anna and got 3/3 skulls again met by 1/6 shields on Anna taking her out and setting the tone for the first half of this game.

Round 2:
Kolbjorn moved again this round moving closer to the South hill as I expected getting 2 river tribe engaged this round would be pretty much guaranteed and I could have Kolbjorn grab the treasure glyph on the hill and attack Laglor. Dysole won initiative again and took turn 1 to move Raelin onto the single 3 height lava in the middle of the map on her side. My turn 1 wasn't able to crack Raelin's or Laglor's defense but Dysole rolled 0 skulls and symbols on Laglor's attack and over the next two turns I managed to deal 3 wounds to Raelin, 1 wound to Laglor, and Kolbjorn grabbed the Scarab of Invulnerability along with developing the Makwa.

Round 3:
Things were going really well for me as Dysole's rolling was beyond subpar. I won initiative this round, and managed 1 wound on Raelin and Kolbjorn grabbed the Talisman of Defense and more importantly moved the Makwa forward again. Dysole had turn 1 on San tiim trying to heal Laglor and Raelin. He also picked up a kill on a mohican and activated healing trance. It was at this point Kolbjorn activated call to the hunt moving my final two OMs on the river tribe over to the Makwa who were positioned nicely to make a game changing play. This went even better than expected as I was able to kill Raelin on my first attack allowing for 2 wounds on San Tiim. This took out Dysole's turn 2 on Raelin and the Makwa rained spears down on Tiim killing him before trance was able to heal anything. Dysole's turn 3 saw Laglor finally rolling a symbol but it was accompanied twice by a single skull that the mohican was able to block. At the end of the round I lost a makwa to lava and Laglor dodged his third lava wound in a row.

Round 4:
At this point I am firmly in the lead. I have about 6 river tribe, 8 makwa, full health Kolbjorn and full health Brave Arrow. vs a 2/6 Laglor, 8 rats, and a full health Heirloom. This is also the round where the game slowed to a crawl. I went with full Makwa as I expected their better positioning was going to lead to better results but in hindsight I probably should have gone full river tribe as I could have either leveraged my range of 6 to force Heirloom off of the fantastic positioning Dysole found for him, or traded lower number of attacks earlier for a larger number of attacks later via bonding. Regardless, I went full makwa and throughout the round I put Laglor to 5/6 wounds and Heirloom took out 1 makwa and 1 mohican. Heirloom found himself on Raelin's previous perch which was exceptional placement on Dysole's part as the height and jungle combo made it impossible for Heirloom to have less than 3 defense which made him very hard to kill, the only drawback with the placement was that it was on lava. Laglor finally succumbed to the lava damage and Heirloom dodged the lava damage this round.

Round 5, 6, 7:
These rounds were essentially carbon copies of each other. Heirloom picked up 3 kills each round, and took one wound from my attacks, while also ignoring lava somehow and so at the end of round 7, it was 3/4 Heirloom and 8 rats vs 4 mohicans, 1 makwa, 1/5 Kolbjorn (took one wound to lava), and full health Brave arrow.

Round 8:
This round Heirloom continued to tank all the attacks but only managed one more kill on a mohican. However, Heirloom finally took a lava wound after 5 rounds and we moved into round 9.

Round 9/10? (bad notes/lost count):
The rat's offence was surprisingly effective and the round ended with a 3/5 Kolbjorn, 2/4 Brave Arrow, and 1 makwa vs 3 rats.

Round 10/11:
This round, all that happened was a rat died and Dysole called it at the end of the round. I took the win with a 3/5 Kolbjorn, 2/4 Brave Arrow, and 1 Makwa.

GG Dysole!! That was a weird but fun game!

Kolbjorn:
Excellent showing for Kolbjorn this game. He was instrumental all game. His fearsome stalker is a great way to get him positioned and bonding with the river tribe is amazing. Not only do you get a ranged bonding option, but the synergy with the makwa is exceptional. Getting the makwa to move preemptively into position to later move OMs to them was the only reason I was able to kill San Tiim in time to stop Dysole from healing Raelin and Laglor.

San Tiim:
Tiim is interesting. trance is way better than my initial read, I assumed it was a once per round healing, but being able to get it 2 times in a round is potentially very potent. I would love to test this in the mercenary build as having to take a turn with him really makes him feel more balanced. In a mercenary build you get around this by being able to not need an OM on him. I'm torn on him. His healing is guaranteed. There are very few guaranteed powers in Heroscape and they are exceptional. Grimnak's chomp is an incredible power and in my opinion, is one of the main reasons heavy gruts are so good. Stats wise I think Tiim is really well balanced, I am just torn on the healing trance, mainly due to the fact I was able to stop it this game. I do like the dynamic Tiim brings to a game, he can force your opponent to over extend which is a powerful tool. In general I am just not sure how powerful he is but in all my theory 'scape seems to indicate Tiim plus Raelin plus a few good heroes could be very powerful. There is a lot to consider with Tiim so if I can, I'll try to fit in some more test games with him.

This tournament has been very fun and regardless what the future holds for AoA and C3V, I am sure Heroscape has a bright future with so many talented and passionate community members!
Old November 16th, 2022, 04:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2022 C3V Playtest Tournament (Congrats KnightofLight)

Congratulations @KnightOfLight ! Back to Back Playtesting event finals no less capturing an event win this year.

Everyone's testing and reports are hugely helpful to gaining insight and moving stuff through the pipeline even faster and this year was no exception! Thanks to all who participated!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting