Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old October 11th, 2020, 09:18 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Me vs My Wife's Leg

Spoiler Alert!

It's the battle of all time! It's... a playtest report from last night's game between LoveElemental and I.

Being cheeky, I decided to make both armies all AotV units now that we have enough units that I can make a couple smaller armies with them.

Map is pictured above, it was a custom tundra and road map with some snow on the mountain path. We used 3 Treasure Glyphs, the Glyph of Defense +1, and the Glyph of Knowledge.

400 point armies:

@flameslayer93
Pyria (120)
Tetsuo Tyrell(110)
Honored Soulguides (50)
Velnesh Alphas (100)
380 points

@LoveElemental
Ozuul (190)
Velkhor (110)
Ukushisa Pride (100)
400 points

(Velkhor was tested at 110 points, going with Scytale's suggested point change)

After a flub of a game where LE was still getting into the groove with her units (and I had suggested that she lead with Ozuul, not the Ukushisas), she opened by charging the Demon and Voidspawn down the road into my startzone. I scattered my Soulguides, flying one into the mountains behind a giant glacier and the other one onto the ice in front of the same glacier. I tried to have the Velnesh form a barrier so that Ozuul couldn't slam into my magic users while having another one aim towards the glyph of defense. Once Ozuul came out, he started shaking the world with his 6 attack swings, and was doing a good job blocking wounds (he would still take one from Tetsuo's overclocked attack.) After using Gravity Pull, Ozuul was hitting Velnesh and Pyria with only mild attack rolls, but since Velkhor was in the vicinity... a Velnesh died! From there it was Pyria between Velkhor and Ozuul, she was loosing twin firelines as big Purple was clubbing her with 6A swings. Velkhor died, cursing Tetsuo. Pyria went down shortly after that, losing one of my Order Markers in the process. Tetsuo got smacked around (adding insult to injury was only getting to roll 1 Defense Die), but he did hit Ozuul hard back and got the Mind Jack roll off (15 + 5 wounds = 20)... although since there werent any enemy figures around it was pointless. I did reposition big purple down into the ice for next round... I sac'd an Honored Soulguide to bring back Pyria on the mountains. Next round, Pyria killed Ozuul! But since LE's Ukushisa Pride were waaaaay back in the Startzone, it was impossible to reach them from her position. Next round, the firecats cleaned up giving LoveElemental the win.

Remainder: 3 Ukushisas.

Thoughts:
Pyria: Solid showing, played pretty much fantastically as usual. I wanted to rush her in to deal as much damage as possible, even charging right at a Demon and Purple Alien to do it. She died really quickly when she pulled this manuever, which feels on character.

Tetsuo: This really wasn't the map or matchup for him, and that's ok. When he did pull of Mind Jack I was happy, until I was disappointed there weren't any units around for him to do it against. Overclocking against the big bad feels good though.

Honored Soulguides: I took 1 turn with them, just so I could set them up. Their power did make a difference this game, but it wasn't as big as you'd think. Probably where they need to be, but it would be good to see them get a little extra something. Range 4? Defense 5?

Velnesh: I didn't get to pull off any cool Shift manuevers this game, although I did shift onto the glyph of defense with one. Hmm, rereading the power I may have made a mistake. Can't remember if empty counts for glyphs or not now

Ozuul: He was a beast this game! He was fun to play against, as I had to try to figure out the fastest way to kill him without losing all of my troops. I wonder if I had used Katryn Vade instead of Tetsuo if the game would have ended differently (as Katryn currently ignores Gravity Pull and can smack up to twice with her 5A).

Velkhor: I think was 110 points worth of debuffness this game, letting Ozuul take out a Velnesh thanks to Frailty Aura and making Testuso about as weak as butter with his -2D Spirit. Are the wings supposed to be targetteble? I had the oppurtunity to attack his wings, but since I wasn't sure I just skipped the attack.

Ukushisa Pride: They cleaned up well this game. Combined Heat's let them just cut through my units like butter, and let them shrug off an attack from Tetsuo.

Glyph of Knowledge: It wasn't used this game. I might find a different spot for it and see if its in a more tantalizing spot next game.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 13th, 2020, 06:02 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Me vs My Wife's Leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Velnesh: Hmm, rereading the power I may have made a mistake. Can't remember if empty counts for glyphs or not now

Velkhor: Are the wings supposed to be targetteble?
Empty spaces can't have glyphs. Wings on Medium figures are traditionally non-targetable.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 13th, 2020, 06:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Me vs My Wife's Leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Velnesh: Hmm, rereading the power I may have made a mistake. Can't remember if empty counts for glyphs or not now

Velkhor: Are the wings supposed to be targetteble?
Empty spaces can't have glyphs. Wings on Medium figures are traditionally non-targetable.

Well that slightly changes the game, but not enough to change the end results. No worries.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 14th, 2021, 10:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: AOTV Playtesting Thread (Volunteers needed!)

We should get someone new in control of the OP and get it updated.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs