Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Closed Thread

Old June 12th, 2006, 01:08 PM

Brandonn has disabled reputation
A thought on Multiple Player Team Games: I'm not sure if there is a better way to determine turn order randomly. D&D uses the same thing, and all the enemies can end up going first, major advantage for them, or all the players could go first, leaving the enemy without a chance. There is one way you could do it that would be fair, but you'd have to tell us if it's still fun: Each team rolls for Initiative, the winning team has one of their players go first, then the other team has one of their players go next. Everyone getting a turn for their #1 turn marker. Then the same team starts for the #2 turn markers, but the players of the team could go in a diffrent order. OR If you'd like it more random, everyone rolls a D20 results are:
Team 1: Player 1 (18), Player 2 (6), Player 3 (8)
Team 2: Player 1 (2), Player 2 (20), Player 3 (13)

T2P2 got 20 So T2 goes first starting with it's P2. Then it has to be T1's turn so T1P1 would go next because he got higher than his teammates. Turn order would be:
Team 2: Player 2 (20), Player 3 (13), Player 1 (2)
Team 1: Player 1 (18), Player 2 (6), Player 3 (8)
T2P2 -> T1P1 -> T2P3 -> T1P2 -> T2P1 -> T1P3
And repeat until the end of round, rerolling the D20s only for the start of each round.

-----

And now for the reason I came here in the first place:

Jotun has a cool move called "Throw 14"

Quote:
Throw 14
After moving and before attacking, choose one small or medium non-flying figure adjacent to Jotun. Roll the 20-sided die. if you roll a 14 or higher, you may throw the figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of Jotun. The figure must land within clear sight of Jotun. After the figure is placed, roll the 20-sided die for throwing damage. If you roll an 11 or higher, the thrown figure receives 2 wounds. If the figure is thrown onto a level higher than the height of Jotun or onto water, do not roll for throwing damage. The thrown figure does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
My question is this, what happens if Jotun throws a figure down a cliff of extreme height? Does this figure take just throw damage, just fall damage, or both? Some may say fall damage is already accounted for, but the damage from the throw is from the force of the giant smashing you to the ground. Jotun could grab a figure adjacent to him, "throw" him to another adjacent hex to him, and that figure still takes the damage. So I think throwing a figure down a 20+ height cliff would have either increased damage, or just fall damage. But it would make more sence to have increased damage, or damage from both sources, since falling down from a 20+ height, and being thrown down, are quite diffrent. I was wondering if Hasboro thought of this situation (I'm suprised if they didn't) and if they had an idea of how to handle it.

Brandonn
Old June 12th, 2006, 02:27 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonn
My question is this, what happens if Jotun throws a figure down a cliff of extreme height? Does this figure take just throw damage, just fall damage, or both? Some may say fall damage is already accounted for, but the damage from the throw is from the force of the giant smashing you to the ground. Jotun could grab a figure adjacent to him, "throw" him to another adjacent hex to him, and that figure still takes the damage. So I think throwing a figure down a 20+ height cliff would have either increased damage, or just fall damage. But it would make more sence to have increased damage, or damage from both sources, since falling down from a 20+ height, and being thrown down, are quite diffrent. I was wondering if Hasboro thought of this situation (I'm suprised if they didn't) and if they had an idea of how to handle it.

Brandonn
The absence of any reference to falling damage implies none is assessed, in my opinion.

Someone should write this up and submit it.
Old June 12th, 2006, 02:47 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm working on it. I'm reviewing the rev 2 rules for any discussion of falling damage for added height. I don't recall one, but want to make sure.

Please, anyone thinking about sending it in, post your proposed message here first so we can make sure any loopholes in the questions can be closed.
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Brandonn has disabled reputation
Not directly from the official rulebook but:

Quote:
If a drop is more than a figure’s Height, roll one
Attack die after moving (if the drop is 10 levels more
than its Height, roll 2 dice).
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:34 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Here's my phrasing of the question:

Does a figure thrown by Jotun also roll for any applicable falling damage in addition to being subject to Jotun's rolling the d20 to determine if 2 wounds will be assessed to the thrown figure?

Also, bunjee - would you like me to post a couple other questions in orange that have been submitted to Hasbro, but not yet received a satisfactory response? They already have lengthy threads devoted to them

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Jotun: Throw 14 Question moved to page 5 for updated info

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:13 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I say paste and copy Malechi's version and send it in. It provides all the necessary reference material.

Forgot to indicate on mine that it hasn't been sent - I'll make it blue

Minor complaint here, but shouldn't Jotun's Throw text let the reader know not to roll for 'throw damage' when figure is placed on a level higher than Jotun's height or a water space, before telling one to roll? common courtesy and all

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:01 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Malechi,

Thank you for pulling the reference information from the manuals. I was reviewing those today but stupid work kept me from getting to it. I think your proposed contact reads well. Please ship it off to Hasbro!

toddrew,

Yeah, I've been trying to work on gathering all the topics that have been popping up lately. The two most prolific seem to be the Mimring Fireline question and the Summon/Carry question.

(rrrf, I thought I had submitted this hours ago, but no! I'll be gathering some more information tonight)
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:08 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
and just because it doesn't state something on the Army Card doesn't mean it does not work in that way (think Taelord's Flying with Disengage!).
I desperately try NOT to.

Old June 12th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Can we pick another color besides orange for submitted questions? I don't know about other monitors, but orange seems extremely light on this grey background.

Dark Red - To close to Red
Red - Used for answered Questions
Orange - Please, no!
Brown
Yellow
Green - I like this as it is dark enough to read and stands out strong.
Olive
Cyan
Blue - Used for proposed Questions
Dark Blue - To close to Blue
Indigo - You killed my father, prepare to die!
Violet
White - Why is this even an option?
Black - Even better, why is black even listed as an option?

Old June 12th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
and just because it doesn't state something on the Army Card doesn't mean it does not work in that way (think Taelord's Flying with Disengage!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
I desperately try NOT to.
That one ruling by the designers is why I may explain my opinion on rules ruling but won't stick around to fight it out anymore!

Old June 12th, 2006, 10:33 PM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The most obvious question that divides people lately seems to be whether the opponent's Romans, Sacred Band, etc can benefit from the effect (like how with the Romans it just says +1 for ANY adjacent Roman Legion)
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's