Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 19th, 2020, 07:00 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Utah Monthlies 2020

I was planning on coming, but Lady H glared at me and then I remembered the 29th is BabyScape Junior's 1st birthday :P so don't think I'm going to make this one...dangit!

if you pick one of my maps for next month, then I'll make sure to come

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 19th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd love to come, but it most likely won't happen. I'll let you know if that changes though!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old August 19th, 2020, 11:35 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I was planning on coming, but Lady H glared at me and then I remembered the 29th is BabyScape Junior's 1st birthday :P so don't think I'm going to make this one...dangit!

if you pick one of my maps for next month, then I'll make sure to come
Good thing I resisted this month. Then you'd have to skip BabyScape Junior's Birthday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I'd love to come, but it most likely won't happen. I'll let you know if that changes though!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 27th, 2020, 12:12 AM

Sir Torin Brokenshield! Woo who?

Bad news. I won’t be able to make it Saturday. But on the bright side none of you will have to lose to me.

Sir Torin Brokenshield! is Sonya Esenwein in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old August 28th, 2020, 03:35 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Six people.

I'll bring Turmoil & Song of the Walrus.

I've got two squads of Pirates & three Clawfoot Interceptors, who would like to buy? One Pirate squad has a duplicate black member, but it's not really noticeable. Clawfoots $5 each, Pirates $16--all have cards.
Old August 28th, 2020, 07:02 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Im not sure Ill be coming to very many of these nowadays. I still have a hearty enough scape collection to play but playing it in the traditional competitive format doesnt appeal to me so much lately. At this point Id just come down to say hi and bs with fellow scapers and roll some dice if I have time. Wearing a mask while playing games also doesnt appeal to me. Have fun guys.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 28th, 2020, 08:10 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

We will likely have a few stragglers. I'd bet we hit 10 people perhaps. If you are reading this and are planning to attend, and have yet to RSVP, LET US KNOW! We would love to have you there tomorrow!
Old August 29th, 2020, 01:10 AM

Jazack is surprisingly tart

I might be able to attend, it depends on how quickly I can get through homework
Old August 29th, 2020, 07:33 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I MAY be able to wrangle one-three of my sons. Dunno yet, just got home.
EDIT--just me.

Last edited by UtahScott; August 29th, 2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old August 31st, 2020, 10:51 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

We had a great time last Saturday! Small showing, but that means that everyone played almost each other person in attendance, which always makes for a fun time! And big congrats to @BodaciousBlood for taking the clean sweep of victories!

We're working right now on the details for the next format and should hopefully be posting soon (and by soon I mean by tomorrow night -- that's soon to me). We had a good conversation going after the event on Saturday and made some decisions that I'm excited to announce, so I'm posting them now to get you all excited!

First off, we decided that with the COVID restrictions keeping our groups from getting very big right now, we'll be starting to experiment more with formats! It's easier to try something new and off the wall when we've got a smaller group anyway, so we decided to double down on that and use the restrictions to our advantage! That means you can look forward to a new format this month that @Leaf_It started and the others around on Saturday helped flesh out.

Also, in the vein of experimentation, an important change that we'll be making starting this month is starting games with Treasure Glyphs face-up. That means no more guessing and hoping that there's a powerful Treasure Glyph on the board, failing the trap twice, and finally revealing it to find out it won't even help you that much. (Let's be honest, you shouldn't have wasted that much time trying to get a Treasure Glyph in the first place, but while discussing we decided that our group is casual enough to just forego the negatives of face-down Treasures and roll with the ease of face-up.) It should also help spur movement towards Treasures -- if you have a hero that's going to love Belt of Giant Strength, you're going to be more likely to run at it when you see it, and your opponent is going to be more likely to rush to stop you! We'll test it out this month and see how it works, but we're pretty confident in this change at the time being. (Personally, I've done plenty of games in this style before, and I've enjoyed it.)

Stick around for more news to come!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 1st, 2020, 12:25 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Some thoughts:

1. love the ideas/changes so far!
2. In the vein of experimentation, would LOVE to advocate for my Burnout format at one of the monthlies (see signature)
3. With a smaller, more “dedicated” group, could we do longer tourneys? I.e 5 or 6 rounds just so we can play more people? I wanna start coming down again and sometimes 4 round games just doesn’t feel long enough to get to play with “everyone”.
4. Excited to see what you have in mind
5. I’m a solid maybe for Sept. should be able to make it...though will have to check details/schedule

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 1st, 2020, 12:49 AM

1. Yay!
2. Thanks for bringing that up! We're now discussing it -- it's definitely a possibility! (Waiting to hear from everyone before I commit for them.)
3. Mayyybe? I think the possible issue there is that I'm not sure if the store would necessarily want us to stay too long, especially since they're trying to avoid event overlap to keep numbers in the store down. I know that's why they changed our timeslot to begin with. I didn't get that sense as much last Saturday though so we could see. Although, one nice thing about smaller groups is that rounds tend to go faster (or, at least, there are fewer players to go to time), so we could very potentially fit in a 5th round without even having to extend by very much. We almost did that on Saturday, except we started pretty late so by the time we could have tried I had to run anyway.
4. Yay!
5. Yay!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events