Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM

Syvaris with maro is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Heroscape Tournament/Demo Event Guide for Event Organize

Can we organize one in Wylie Texas USA or at least in a nearbye city? Wylie is in Dallas/fort worth area.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 03:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris with maro View Post
Can we organize one in Wylie Texas USA or at least in a nearbye city? Wylie is in Dallas/fort worth area.
You have one of the country's real hotbeds of 'Scape in the DFW area. Keep an eye out in the "Events" forum, and I bet they have a thread in the "Meet Other Scapers" section, too.

Welcome to the board and happy 'Scaping. You are doing the exact right thing looking to play with those guys and you're lucky to have a chance.

edit: The Texas player's thread. I don't know your age, but maybe you would be a good match for TMac. A recent DFW event.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris with maro View Post
Can we organize one in Wylie Texas USA or at least in a nearby city? Wylie is in Dallas/fort worth area.
Plano close enough? We do events at Madness Games & Comics in Plano TX, 2-4 times a year or more.

I am currently considering an event for early December, but haven't lined it up yet. I will talk with my guys tonight and we may have an event by 12/10 or 12/11 of this year. If so I will drop you a PM.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM

LightBringer has disabled reputation

Yeah! Do please get on that. My holiday calender is filling up, but I would love to include a 'scape tourney. I need to get my name on that trophy again. That last time was 2007. Its been too long.
Old April 12th, 2016, 02:38 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

sorry to resurrect a thread, but noticed in this video

a lot of these tournament maps seem very small and quick to set up I guess. Is there a good resource listing these maps, the ones in BoV I've downloaded so far all seem a bit more involved and bigger, but these small 2P tournament maps from the Gencon video look ideal for quick skirmishes
Old April 12th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You can go through old GenCon threads to see what maps were being used. Sounds like you'd be surprised at how many of them are directly from the BoV. There should be an announcement for each year naming the maps.

= =
Old April 12th, 2016, 02:45 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

thanks, and theres no other threads or sites with user ratings on these maps? Its just the number of downloads that shows on the BoV index
Old April 12th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. The BoV maps have all been determined to be suitable for competitive play in GenCon-like environments. There are a couple duds in there, IMHO, but most of the ones I've played on are very good. I recommend you do not start at the beginning. Just flip through, look for ones that speak to you, and try 'em out.

You may also like the Wargrounds of Scape project, which has admitted a few maps.

Finally, you can go to the map threads subforum, and look for the threads for some of the more productive tournament-type mapmakers. Check out the threads for dignan, gamebear, and mad_wookiee, among others. Here is an index that may be helpful to you.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events