Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 21st, 2007, 08:35 PM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
Book: Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini - Book 3

The third in the inheritance trilogy should come out by the end of this year. I love these books. They are great and I'm looking forward to the end.
Have you guys read them?

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I'm trudging through the second book and after reading George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series, I'm kind of finding The Eldest to be dragging on and mundane. I'm on page 113, so hopefully it'll pick up tempo and actually have something happen. It doesn't help that I've just read four GRRM's books in a row and am used to the pace, genius and massive story telling. I'll keep on with The Eldest and give it more chances.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:42 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdagreat
The third in the inheritance trilogy should come out by the end of this year. I love these books. They are great and I'm looking forward to the end.
Have you guys read them?
Yes, I have and they're awesome. But, I thought the third book was supposed to be due in August...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
I'm trudging through the second book and after reading George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series, I'm kind of finding The Eldest to be dragging on and mundane. I'm on page 113, so hopefully it'll pick up tempo and actually have something happen...
That's funny, 'cause I couldn't put it down (not literaly obviously, which isn't supposed to be a pun...) and finished it in about 2 or 3 days.
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:51 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm not looking forward to this one nearly as much as I am looking forward to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Honestly its been so long since I read the first two, that I would probabbly have to go back and reread them to remember what happened, and I don't think I want to do that.

Oh, and Eragon = Luke Skywalker
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdagreat
Have you guys read them?
Yes, I have and they're awesome. But, I thought the third book was supposed to be due in August...

Quote:
I'm trudging through the second book and after reading George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series, I'm kind of finding The Eldest to be dragging on and mundane. I'm on page 113, so hopefully it'll pick up tempo and actually have something happen...
That's funny, 'cause I couldn't put it down (not literaly obviously, which isn't supposed to be a pun...) and finished it in about 2 or 3 days.
I guess by trudging through it, I mean that it just kind of seems blah to me so far and it's hard to get into it (for me). It's easy reading in the sense of his writing style, but it kind of seems typical, like he's following a template. I guess I've been used to more complex writing styles lately that I am having a harder time getting through a more basic and straightforward story. I'm going to keep on truckin' and hopefully I'll get to the point soon where I find myself not being able to put it down.

Old May 21st, 2007, 10:53 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
but it kind of seems typical, like he's following a template.
His template is Star Wars.
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
but it kind of seems typical, like he's following a template.
His template is Star Wars.
Well yeah, that of course. But also in general, like fantasy writing 101.

I guess I'm partly turned off to this author because of all the hype that he got and already having a movie made from his first book. He isn't that good, I don't care how young he is/was. He stole the story from Star Wars, yet he's hailed because of his age.

Why am I reading it then? My wife bought the darn thing, so after finishing A Feast For Crows, I thought I'd breeze through The Eldest. I may have to go shopping for something else soon. Maybe that Dresden Files series you've mentioned. We'll see.

Old May 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Maybe that Dresden Files series you've mentioned. We'll see.
Maybe? I can't recommend those books enough. Read the Dresden Files. You won't regret it. Storm Front is number 1.
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe that Dresden Files series you've mentioned. We'll see.
Maybe? I can't recommend those books enough. Read the Dresden Files. You won't regret it. Storm Front is number 1.
Thanks. I think I checked it out online but wasn't sure which book was first.

Back about 20-25 years ago, I read a series called The Executioner, with Mack Bolan as the main character. He was kind of like The Punisher and had a vendetta against the mob. Anyway, that series was numbered right on the cover so a simpleton like myself could figure it out. Good thing too, since I think there were over fifty books in the series (they weren't very long books).

Next chance I have to stop at the bookstore, I look for Storm Front. If that doesn't work, I'll order it online.

Old May 21st, 2007, 11:13 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
'Cept it's his bro and not his dad...

Quote:
Read the Dresden Files.
Wait, I thought that was a show... Is it originally a book? Or do they have nothing in common?
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:20 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't be suprised one bit of the King turned out to be his father.

Quote:
Quote:
Read the Dresden Files.
Wait, I thought that was a show... Is it originally a book? Or do they have nothing in common?
The TV show is based on the book series of the same name, by Jim Butcher. There are 9 books in the series currently.
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't be suprised one bit of the King turned out to be his father.
You're probably right, but hopefully since it's taking awhile to come out, it'll be a bit less cliche than that.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Read the Dresden Files.
The TV show is based on the book series of the same name, by Jim Butcher. There are 9 books in the series currently.
[/quote]

Cool, I'll have to check them out...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books