Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

View Poll Results: Heroes or Villains
Heros 21 70.00%
Villans 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 4th, 2011, 09:15 PM

kola Woo who?
Heros or.........Vilians

The five heros against the five heros.....Who would win?

Heros: Spidey man,Hulk,Silver Surfer,Cap. America,and Iron man!

or....

Villans: Venom,Abomination,Thanos,Red Skull,and Doctor Doom!

Old December 4th, 2011, 11:25 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heros or.........Vilians

I vote heroes.

Red Skull isn't much help for the villains.

Cap + Hulk + Surfer puts the heroes over the top.
Old December 4th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Spidey dodges everything. Hulk gets pissed and smashes everything while the Surfer runs 'n guns. Iron Man and Cap watch in amazement.
Old December 5th, 2011, 12:01 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Two Words

HULK SMASH!!!
Old December 5th, 2011, 08:10 AM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I dare to be different and say, Villains!!!!
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM

kola Woo who?

If anyone has this battle please post your results here!
Old December 10th, 2011, 01:12 PM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

Unless Red Skull can put up a Dust of Death on the Hulk, or Doom can Mind Exchange him into lava, I can almost guarantee a victory for the heroes.

Spider-Man over Venom because of a much better Spider Sense.
Hulk over Abomination because Hulk is better in pretty much every way as soon as he takes hits.
Iron Man over Doom because he can put wounds on others faster and Doom's Mind Exchange isn't terribly reliable.
Captain over Red Skull for pretty much the same reason as Iron man/Doom.
Silver Surfer over Thanos because Surfer's hit and run attacks are much more useful than Thanos' immortality.

I know it's pretty much common acceptance that heroes are better than the villains but I still felt compelled to give a more in-depth analysis.
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The only way to really get it done with the villains is to send Thanos in and attack, attack, attack until your opponent focuses on killing him (attack the easier to kill ones like Iron Man, Silver Surfer, and Cap first - make sure when you start attacking Hulk, you're ready to take him down as quickly as possible). When Thanos dies, focus your efforts on turtling and delay tactics to get as many rolls for Rejected By Death as possible. Then when you bring Thanos back, do it again!
And, yeah, of course a successful Dust of Death roll can be a game changer.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 11th, 2011, 07:43 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladidadi.davis View Post
Unless Red Skull can put up a Dust of Death on the Hulk, or Doom can Mind Exchange him into lava, I can almost guarantee a victory for the heroes.

Spider-Man over Venom because of a much better Spider Sense.
Hulk over Abomination because Hulk is better in pretty much every way as soon as he takes hits.
Iron Man over Doom because he can put wounds on others faster and Doom's Mind Exchange isn't terribly reliable.
Captain over Red Skull for pretty much the same reason as Iron man/Doom.
Silver Surfer over Thanos because Surfer's hit and run attacks are much more useful than Thanos' immortality.

I know it's pretty much common acceptance that heroes are better than the villains but I still felt compelled to give a more in-depth analysis.
I'm not saying your argument isn't a good one, but let's consider the bad guys' options too:

I actually feel like Venom will probably top Spider-Man in terms of over-all usefulness. He might not dodge as often, but he also hits a heckuva lot harder. Seriously, Spidey's puny 4 attack will not do much in this game unless he'd going against Red Skull. Keep in mind that while Spidey might dodge Venom's attacks more consistently than Venom dodges Spidey's, but when Venom does connect, he's gonna hit hard.

Hulk is probably the villains' biggest problem, I'll give you that, because they really have no clear counter in this matchup. Their best bet is probably to try and tie him down with Abom or Venom and hope Doom gets a good mind exchange or 2 to really wreak havok with him.

Iron Man can be a nuisance, but he isn't a particularly tough nut to crack, either. Also, if say, Abom was to engage him, he's gonna get pounded and has to spend both of his attacks on a figure he's not likely to hurt much. Much like Dust of Death, Doom's Mind Exchange can be a big boon (possibly a game changer) when it does work, although I admit placing a lot of Order Markers on Doom in this scenario would be risky.

Cap is more useful at first glance, but honestly Cap's Tactician bonus is limited at best in this scenario, and there are plenty of guys here who can snipe him from a distance. Red actually gives the Bad Guys a huge bonus in terms of Order Marker flexibility. As long as he survives, the good guys really don't know where the next attack is coming from.

Silver Surfer's mobility is another big problem for the villains, to be sure (he's great for sharking in on, say, an OM heavy Red Skull). But Thanos is great in that he can go out and attack attack attack with little or no self regard. Red Skull also helps him out quite a bit in that if he comes back, he can start taking turns immediately instead of just waiting around without Order Markers.

Yes, I think the heroes will win the majority of the time, but a smart player should be able to give them a run for their money with the villains!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old December 28th, 2011, 05:01 PM

yummypie is surprisingly tart

The heroes have a higher total point value.

C3G Books of Index
My Customs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
E=MC^2+3D6
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:54 AM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

I vote heroes, not villains, because everybody knows they always succeed at everything. Why do you think the villains turned to a life of crime in the first place?

L.K.R.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's