Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:35 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
Cyprien counter army

I played many games this weekend with my cousin and he used cyprien in most of them. I got destroyed because he got so many good rolls. He also had sonya sitting as far back as possible in his starting zone to bump up cyprien's rolls. Is it just game over when cyprien rolls that well and takes out my Tor-Kul-Na in one chilling touch or is the a decent counter to use against him that can also be used in a competive army.
(I know Q9 is an obvious choice but i was wondering if there is anyone else)
Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Soulborgs are competitive. Glad / Blast combo laughs at Cyprien.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
As R˙chean said, Blastatrons and Gladiatrons are great. Any good robot unit is good against him. Not to hijack this thread, but I can't wait till Zetacron comes out to maybe boost up the Omnicrons (Not that they're not good or anything. And they're one of my favorite units).
Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:03 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Glad/Blast is definitely the way to go against the vamps. Heck, it's even possible to drop Krug in one turn with that combination, if you catch him without order markers.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Minions with attack glyph and height are my preferred way to drop Krug in one turn. It doesn't matter if he has order markers or not

But to stay on topic, yes, soulborgs are the way to go. I would even pit a Deathwalker against him.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:44 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
If you don't want to go all Soulborgs, Major X17 + Theracus is great against Cyprien. Really it's just the Major, but he needs Theracus to be able to catch the crazy vampire.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:17 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
Thanks thats basically what I though people would say. Theracus plus Major X17 would be good. You could even just use him to trap Cyprien and pick him off with range or something.
Old January 5th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sonlen and 2 squads of Roborats, surround Sonlen with the rats so they can not get at him.

How about Cyprien against Cyprien?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:58 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
How about Cyprien against Cyprien?
Three times last week I faced this matchup. Two times out of three my opponent rolled a natural 20 for his first Chilling Touch.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old January 6th, 2008, 03:26 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
Sonlen and 2 squads of Roborats, surround Sonlen with the rats so they can not get at him.

Oh come on Hendal, that's just not right. That's like the Castle trick, where you line the walls with rats so nobody can shoot them or land there.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal

Oh come on Hendal, that's just not right. That's like the Castle trick, where you line the walls with rats so nobody can shoot them or land there.
Deathstalkers work for this, too. Just wrap your chosen single-hex hero in a neat hexagon of metallic guard dogs. It's really funny when the other guy thinks Abomination or Rechets are about to come sailing in from across the map and nail Syvarris to the wall... whoops! No room!

I mean, it's not exactly a tournament-style play, but a cool one sometimes.
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Braxas can beat Cyprien. It'll be nerve-wracking, but she gave me my first Cyprien death at the tournament on Saturday. Minions gave him his second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion