Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Are heros that have 100+ more point cost to them worth it?
Yes, these guys are the best of the best, they may not get it all the time, but they get my vote. 89 67.94%
No, mass squads rule and those pathetic "heros" perish everytime from kill. 42 32.06%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 6th, 2006, 03:24 AM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Heros-Up to par?

Maybe its just me, but doesnt it seem like heros that are 100+ points never kill their fair share of points? Most of the heros under this i can see, but with the "mass commons phase" taking over heroscape right now it never seems like the heros do much. The squads are just too quick. Thoughts? comments? Im not dissing everything about heros a 100 or more points, like syvarris, he happens to be very good, or krug, or marcus because of his power up ability. but other than that i happens to be a fine line between the worthy and the seems like it but not so worthy. Like major Braxas, 8 life? psssshhhh no staying power when its 3 defense. It just seems like their is very little use for heros over 100 points that dont do much when its mass hordes. IMO the best armies that I know of right now are Lilwis's 5x 4th mass and me bur sa. and UPC's 2 legos, 2 mass, marcus, who is only there for bonding and power ups. and Me burg sa. (classic armies by the way guys. Phnomonal (sp?) job). It just seems to me that whenver I play these heros, They never do their jobs, I mean sure 1 out of every 10 times they might get lucky or have a good game, but if this game was really balanced, they should AT LEAST do 3 out of 10, considering they were in good hands. oKAY im done. feedback please. Oh and be happy to merge if neccisary, sorry I tried my best.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old August 6th, 2006, 04:03 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Mass squads are very powerful right now. I can't disagree. In fact, as pointed out in the mass mass thread, there are no heroes that can go point to point with the infinite minutemen (except maybe brunak).

However, if your enemies numbers are not infinite, a Hero is a good choice to lead the charge. Frequently, the 1st squad of a common heavy player is the hardest to kill, and a Hero is the perfect way to do it.

I like a lot of the sub 100 heroes, but thats off topic.

100+?There are 27 heroes. 160+? there are only 7.

I think a lot of the 100ish heroes can be worth it. Especially if they have bonding. A melee bonding squad needs the extra life and offense if they are going to charge a ranged formation.

160+ heroes? The only one I really like is Nilf. His defense is respectable, and his attack will at least dent most squads. His movement will also keep him out of most trouble.

I too would like to see a 140 point hero that could take out 3 squads of Minutemen before dying.
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Venoc Warlord seems like he's got some decent value if he's with his buddies that he meshes with.

VW = 120
AV x2 = 130
VV x2 = 80
AA = 70

Totoal = 400

I've not tried this army yet (too chicken to commit to a themed army with so few ranged units), but the VW makes the VV's move a 9 and adds 1 to chance to frenzy and move/attack again and again as long as you roll high on the 20d. This holds true with the Aubrien Archers too, VW adds 1 to the 20d roll on their frenzy, so they could keep attacking as long as you roll high on the 20d. The Armoc Vipers have the warlord bonding and have a decent 3 attack and 3 defense but can move 7.

I guess my strategy with this army would be pretty much an all or nothing assault. Using the speed of the vipers and hoping to roll well on the frenzies. Close in fast and take away range from the ranged units and hope that speed and numbers will prevail.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 6th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
You can also replace 1 squad of Armoc Vipers with Deadeye Dan that way you can hold your army back out of 4th mass range and widdle them down with Dan. Keep your vipers next to Dan and if the 4th mass try to move within range, you can then be on them in one move witht he vipers while getting support from Dan AND the Aubriens. If the 4th mass don't move, then it will be a long game of Dan pecking away at them with his massive distance.

Old August 6th, 2006, 07:42 AM

krai Woo who?
I like heros and it is too bad that massing is just wipeing them out most expensive heros are olny good against commons if they can use some sort of AoE attack or get mor then 1 attack cheap heros may not fair well againts the commons ethier but heck atleast it isnt to much points to lose

The first step to stoping egomainia is admiting that I have a problem...
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

With myself, bro in-law and nephew only HS'ing for a few months, we haven't gotten into the mass common trend.

For one thing, we didn't have that many multiples of commons as it took time to to aquire all the different items. I've only begun to purchase 2nds of 4th mass/wolves and snipers/vipers. So between us we still only have 2xromans, 2x4th mass/wolves, 3xvipers/omi's, 2xaubriens.

As we've kept getting new characters, we like to try them ( the last new guys being the Braxas/Nilf/Jotan/Q9 and Theracus crew).

My 10yr-old nephew isn't into commons. He's into Deathwalkers, Marrows and Braxas.

My bro in-law mixes things up pretty good but has yet to do multiple commons, and he doesn't have any 4th mass/wolves.

Maybe I'll start adopting the multiple common themes and see how they stack up against their hero armies. Then I can give a better opinion.

Old August 6th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I am personally not afraid to play against an all squad in a tourney army using just a few heroes and a couple of squads. If somebody is so competitive that they feel as though taking these horde armies is going to give them an edge then that's their thing. When I win I am happy because I feel as though I usually take a balanced style army.

Now in a friendly game there is always the draft to solve these issue you guys are bringing up. If somebody starts drafting Mass, you can allways counter draft by cancelling their advantage with some 4th Mass of your own!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM

MBSowards has disabled reputation
I think heroes still rule. We aren't playing Commonscape.

Spartacus is like Nike. The shoes are no better than any other, but you pay a whole lot for the name.
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I just think that all these people complaining about squads being "broken" are forgetting that the DRAFT is one of the important parts of this game and that if you use the draft effectively, you will find that the impact of squads is far reduced.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 6th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I just think that all these people complaining about squads being "broken" are forgetting that the DRAFT is one of the important parts of this game and that if you use the draft effectively, you will find that the impact of squads is far reduced.

Exactly, Grungebob.

With the limited crew that I play with, we have only done draft games and haven't tried the pre-made armies. So like you said, one can counter someone's plan by drafting accordingly. What's a 4th Mass army going to do against Kravs, Drake, Deadeye Dan and Sylvarris?

Old August 6th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Quote:

Exactly, Grungebob.

With the limited crew that I play with, we have only done draft games and haven't tried the pre-made armies. So like you said, one can counter someone's plan by drafting accordingly. What's a 4th Mass army going to do against Kravs, Drake, Deadeye Dan and Sylvarris?
Or tit for tat drafting? You draft 4th Mass... So do I.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Quote:

Exactly, Grungebob.

Or tit for tat drafting? You draft 4th Mass... So do I.

Or in your case, eyeball for eyball

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units