Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old February 19th, 2018, 06:51 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Requests for Reevaluation

If we were to drop it from this card, my very strong preference in that case would be to never do another version of the power, ever. No reason to choke the design space for future Sorcerer Supremes by coming up with some crazy new version of the power for a Doctor Strange (II).
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
And ordinarily, when a card is being designed, I'd be right there with you as to leaving design space open for future possibilities. the problem here is that this is a Finalized design. We are trying to fix and issue that has come up since testing and finalization. You are using a hypothetical to ask us to erase a power off a finalized card. In this case, I really feel that an actual design suggestion is necessary, for me, to condone completely removign an aspect of this card that the original designer wanted. Maybe we need to think more about a fix that makes the power seem Supreme. I think we can all agree that the original power certainly felt that way, to the point of being "not fun." Perhaps we should search for a more fun, Supreme-feeling power instead of settling for the nerfed version we are currently voting on. Honestly, I'd rather the points went up and the power felt right than the points stay the same and we just cut the power.
If this is the direction my very minimal only objection would be that we (the Heroes past and present unified) have gone out of our way to say reevaluation are for minor tweaks.

I don't want this to become "accepted" practice

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:44 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

My personal preference is still that if the power is kept it should get a rename so it isn't something that future Sorcerer Supremes are obligated to have. That way they aren't stuck with a silly counter-draft power taking up half their text space and this Dr. Strange has a unique identity as the 'haha! counterspell!' Strange.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I hope Magical Defense is the only power a future Strange must have.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

B. Drop it. It wasn't even important enough to actually test when it was designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
My personal preference is still that if the power is kept it should get a rename so it isn't something that future Sorcerer Supremes are obligated to have. That way they aren't stuck with a silly counter-draft power taking up half their text space and this Dr. Strange has a unique identity as the 'haha! counterspell!' Strange.
The main reason I voted to drop it was the name...It it gets a rename I'm fine with what ever tweaks.

But mostly in with Quozl here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 19th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I can live with A, and if we want to rename it (which I'm cool with), I'd suggest MASTER OF THE MYSTIC ARTS.
Old February 19th, 2018, 09:28 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

A and rename sounds good to me.
Old February 20th, 2018, 12:50 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I can live with A, and if we want to rename it (which I'm cool with), I'd suggest MASTER OF THE MYSTIC ARTS.
I actually really like this idea because it lets us keep the design close to the original intent, but still leaves that name open for later. Everyone wins.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 20th, 2018, 03:34 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I think renaming it is dumb. The power is supposed to convey that he's not just a great Sorceror, but that he is the Sorcerer Supreme. AKA, the greatest sorcerer on this plane of existence, which he is. It just feels weird and cheesy. Still, I vote A.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that it's such a clunky, long name. I'd rather it be more concise. Plus, it's his official title. Master of the mystic arts is just an honorific. It's not an actual title that he alone can possess. It's like calling someone Dan! Hat Maker Extraordinaire!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 20th, 2018, 08:12 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I think renaming it is dumb. The power is supposed to convey that he's not just a great Sorceror, but that he is the Sorcerer Supreme. AKA, the greatest sorcerer on this plane of existence, which he is. It just feels weird and cheesy. Still, I vote A.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that it's such a clunky, long name. I'd rather it be more concise. Plus, it's his official title. Master of the mystic arts is just an honorific. It's not an actual title that he alone can possess. It's like calling someone Dan! Hat Maker Extraordinaire!
You know Dan? He's a great guy and the hats don't even get me started on the hats.
Old February 20th, 2018, 08:28 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post

It's not dumb for the exact reason you stated in the post...any power that we added to feel like Sorcerer Supreme would be a huge change to the intent.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy