Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old July 7th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
Marching Orders

I have started a cool new addition to Heroscape...
The General's Marching Orders.

These are a series of commands that are given to an army each round, and can alter a HS game significantly.

Step 1.
Print 2 copies of the following on paper and cut into equal length strips
Berserk Frenzy
Careful Aim
Charge!!!
Dig In!!!
Retreat!!!
March!!!
Evasive Action!!!
What am Supposed to Do Sir?
Luck of The Fox
Stand and Shoot!!!

Step 2.
Place the strips in a cup, one unique phrase per player.

Step 3.
After order markers are placed, one strip is drawn and revealed by each player.
The drawing player MUST follow the instruction on the strip for the entire round.

Berserk Frenzy - All units gain +2 attack, move, and defense
Careful Aim - All figures with range greater than 1, add +2 to their attack
Charge!!! - All units gain +1 attack and move, and -1 to defense
Dig In!!! - All units gain +3 to defense and move is reduced to 0
Retreat!!! - All units gain +3 to move and unit must move away from the nearest enemy, no leaving engagement strikes
March!!! - All units gain +3 to move and -2 to attack and defense
Evasive Action!!! - All units gain +2 to defense
What am Supposed to Do Sir? - All units move is reduced to 0
Luck of The Fox - player may re roll once per turn
Stand and Shoot!!! - All units gain +2 to attack and move is reduced to 0

Step 4.
Place strip back in cup at the end of round.

Step 5.
Lather, Rinse, Repeat until game is over or one side or the other is brought to tears (JK, keep it up until the end of game)

It really adds a non linearity to the game

Let me know what you guys think

And before anyone says anything, I know these are similar to Battletech "command" rules, but the system has worked for 29 years, so they mus be doing something right.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Last edited by Ryougabot; July 7th, 2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:35 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Marching Orders

Doesn't that make a random game more random? What happens when one player with Range draws Berserk Frenzy and the other player with Melee draws What Am I Supposed To Do Sir? A whole round of the melee army being pounded by range?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:44 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Doesn't that make a random game more random? What happens when one player with Range draws Berserk Frenzy and the other player with Melee draws What Am I Supposed To Do Sir? A whole round of the melee army being pounded by range?
Then the melee player gripes and grumbles while his opponent wins the game.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:21 PM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Yes it probably would, but if you're just looking for a light game that doesn't matter too much I think it could be fun to try. I do think though that one turn would be better than one round.

bobinchese is Otonashi...
in the Immortal Cave...
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
That happened to us once. It was brutal. The following round, the melee player drew Charge!!! and the range army drew What am I supposed to do Sir?. That was even more brutal. A 500 point game was over in 4 rounds.

I guess the whole point was to add something to the game to keep it from getting stale.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old July 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinchese View Post
Quote:
Yes it probably would, but if you're just looking for a light game that doesn't matter too much I think it could be fun to try. I do think though that one turn would be better than one round.
This could be interesting.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions