Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old January 8th, 2007, 11:58 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
Did you actually build each map, or just a select few from each entry? What did you think of mine?
Build every map?
No way! Did you count the number of maps submitted?
(Well, I didn't count them either, but trust me, there were A LOT of maps submitted!)
I did build at least one from each of the "semi-finalists."

auralerogeny and I each evaluated the entries separately.
auralerogeny sent me a detailed evaluation of each entry, I responded with my thoughts and comments, and finally we agreed on the winning entry.

I did build and play some games on your 3d map, K/H, and I liked it a lot. But I think once you look over j-Bird's entry, you'll see why I had to choose entry...He really did exceed

Now that the contest is over, auralerogeny will post the "highlights" of the entries, and your 3rd map will be in there.

Thanks again for participating K/H_Addict, and thanks especially for your enthusiasm and the extra effort you put into helping us keep track of the entries!

No, i didn't count them, but i thought about it, more than once...

By "3d" i assume you mean "third" correct? All my maps were indeed 3D, so it's sort of a hit/miss here

I was unable to play on any of my refined maps; I did play on my rough draft of the first map, and enjoyed it a lot. Unfortunately, it had too much terrain and had to be slightly modified. I really want to play on my third map, but only time will tell when that happens...

Thanks again for running this contest; I'm glad i could do something aside from participate to help you guys out.

I had fun building the maps; I would have liked to have won the nerak, but since i didn't, i don't have to rush to find more orcs . Grats to j-bird, Better luck to other contestants (including myself) next time.

I'm looking forward to evaluation of my maps; perhaps i'll try out j-birds entries to see for myself.

PS. Am i understanding right? Did it really come down to my map and j-bird's map? (Lie to me if you have to; it'll raise my confidence for later )
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
See j-Bird's map thread with his winning entries, here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=107931#118436
Those are some really great maps. Congratulations you deserved the win.
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Great job j-Bird! Truly a deserving win. Your work with the battlements and ladders on such small maps borders on genius. My biggest concern when I initially viewed your maps was the use of height - those towers look SO tall in such confined spaces - but after closer inspection you've done a great job of balancing them, and they don't allow EXTREME height bonuses. Nice job on the scenarios, as well - sewer run is quite creative!

Rooks and Pawns is probably my favorite - perfect glyph placement, excellent use of EVERY tile, and once again artful use of the ladders and battlements.
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilboAtBagEnd
Is it possible for pdfs to be generated for all the VirtualScape entries, or at least the winning one? They are otherwise unreadable on a Mac.
Mine are available in the DL section as PDF's - links are in my entry post. I e-mailed the VS files to the judges for this contest.
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Congtarulations j-Bird!

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:34 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, those are awesome, j-bird. Congratulations!
Old January 8th, 2007, 09:16 PM

Braxev has disabled reputation
Congratulations, J-Bird! I took a look at few of your maps and was pretty surprised by how nice they looked. You used some good pieces, there- congratulations on the win and put that Nerak to good use!

Old January 8th, 2007, 10:38 PM

ricksta2232 is surprisingly tart
nerak

Congrats to J-bird!

Hope Nerak serves you well...

In case any of you are interested, a battle report on my map, skirmish at the wellspring.

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...=169080#183346
Old January 9th, 2007, 12:37 AM

BilboAtBagEnd Woo who?
Quote:
There are PDF's available for all of j-Bird's maps.

See j-Bird's map thread with his winning entries, here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=107931#118436
Oh! Oops. For some reason I thought the links were to VS files when I checked quite a while ago. I should have checked again.

Kahrma, thanks!

And congratulations, j-Bird!

I really liked all the entries in the contest---and now there's quite a lot of VERY portable map kits available! This is a valuable addition to the HS community---good job, everybody!
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:35 AM

j-Bird is surprisingly tart
Thanks, everyone.
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:53 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
I was out of town last week, so this is kinda late, but congratulations to you, j-Bird! In my opinion, your entry and SEF's entry are very strong.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-Bird
Thanks, everyone.
I just checked in to see who one and I have to say I am not shocked at all. 5 really good maps that all have 80% of the same pieces. I am traveling to a game con here in 2 weeks and my Meta Box is all packed. Except for units.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games