Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
100 Point Game

This didn't really fit in any other category so here it is. Occasionally me and my buddies play this game that we called the "100 Point Game". I found the game very appealing, and you may as well.

What this is is we start off with 100 points (the point value on the bottom of the card) and we start our army from here. The point of the game is to reach 2000 (or another chosen number) of cumulative points.

How points are earned is by reaching objectives in games or by killing opponents figures. To stabilize the flow of the game we made a rule to have each kill be worth half of the original points (For example, if you kill Agent Carr, you get 50 points). I use the word "kill" meaning wounding a hero without giving the final blow means nothing.

As one can tell, this "game" has multiple games inside of it, sort of like a tourney. Here are some examples of the games we played:

Capture the Flag: Acquire flag and bring back to base - 200 points (or whatever point value we decide)

Search and Destroy (The Heroscape Version of the COD game play) Each victorious round (there are 4 rounds) worth 200 points (or whatever point value we decide)

This game is very versatile because of the way it was made. For instance if you don't like the army you currently have, you may sell it to the store (the store refers to the lot of Heroscape figures you own). Selling figures cost 10 points, to discourage players from selling their figures, but also making selling available.

Other than selling figures, we also made it available to buy land pieces (only from the castle/road section of the lot) for that player to place anywhere on the map, extra pairs of order markers for more turns per round, random choices of glyphs to place anywhere on the map (these remain face down until a figure picks it up), and others.

As you can see, this game has a lot of "pick and choose" rules and such that make it appealing. Also, if you want to pack up your things and take a break, you can simply write down what each player owns and continue the game months later. What do you think?

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old April 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: 100 Point Game

Heh - reminds me of Calvinball...

...in the best way, a fun mash up of ideas that leaves everyone who plays with you happy about all the cool stuff

~Aldin, open-mindedly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:14 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OK, so I think you've introduced us to the "Calvin Ball" version of your idea without going into specifics about the basics.

So is it like this: We start out with 100 points to create our army, if we win we get more points so we can have a larger army?

So in other words if you draft Agent Carr and I draft the Stingers + filler and I kill you I then get to draft 50 more points?

It sounds like fun, but the way I've written it things could get unbalanced really quick. How do you make sure that the last round is as fun as the first when someone has only 200 points to your 1500?
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:54 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
OK, so I think you've introduced us to the "Calvin Ball" version of your idea without going into specifics about the basics.

So is it like this: We start out with 100 points to create our army, if we win we get more points so we can have a larger army?

So in other words if you draft Agent Carr and I draft the Stingers + filler and I kill you I then get to draft 50 more points?

It sounds like fun, but the way I've written it things could get unbalanced really quick. How do you make sure that the last round is as fun as the first when someone has only 200 points to your 1500?
If, for instance, that a player has 200 points and you have 1500 points. You cannot play your whole army if you wish to play against this player, but can draft 200 points or less out of what figures you have. It gives you an advantage, of course, but that's the point. Also, if a player does not get any points in the course of a battle he/she gets 20 points, to keep the game moving forward. In any game if there are good players and bad players its hard to get an equal game going between the two.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Last edited by itsbuzzi; May 2nd, 2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion