Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 18th, 2007, 10:32 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
My 600 point army, easy 500 conversion...

Here's what I have so far

Krav Maga Agents- 100
Ninjas of the Northern Wind- 110
Kozuke Samurai- 100
Izumi Samurai- 60
Airborne Elite- 110
Raelin The Kyrie Warrior- 80

Total- 560

With this setup I could drop Raelin or the Izumi to get either get a even 500 or a 480.

What could I do to improve this, read sig to see what I have?

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old October 19th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
tyguy,

For the zombies & A&K packs do you have 1x or 2x?

~Aldin, seeking additional info before responding

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 19th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Those units are all pretty good, but it looks like a pretty hard army to play because you have so many unique squads. Once your opponent kills one or two members of a few of them, all of your options look a bit bleaker.

I'd definitely keep Raelin in there. She doesn't require many order markers and she makes Ninjas, Samurai, and Krav Maga Agents a royal pain to kill. Airborne Elite too- they are a great ranged squad and they are nice because before they drop, you don't have to think about order markers for them either.

If you can, I'd suggest picking up Raknar's Vision and/or a pack or two of Warriors and Soulborgs that are probably clogging up the shelves of your local Toys R Us. Raknar's Vision because it has some more costly unique units. If you just put Q9, Jotun, Braxas, or Nilfheim in your army, it'll cut down on your army cards a lot. I suggest the Deathreavers and Warriors of Ashra because they both make great defensive units that allow Kozuke Samurai and Airborne Elite to really shine.

Here's a link to an article I wrote about another way to think about army construction from the perspective of order marker usage: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=12071

I also wrote one about 'scaping on a budget...
Here: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=12704

I hope this helps somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:05 AM

Aldin, only one

Jexik, I have read both your treads before and The Best of RotV was the army I based this one on, but I droped the Marro Warriors, because my brother likes them, along with a hero to add the samurai and ninjas.

I hope to get the Tawaga Samurai and the Izamu in there somewhere, maybe by droping the Kozuke. Now if only I could fit Kamion AWEsome in there also

Old October 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM

New theoryotical Army, because I don't have any of these pieces

Su-Bak-Na- 160
Microcorp Agents- 100
Omicron Snipers- 100
Deadeye Dan- 60
Kaemon AWEosme - 120
Deathreavers- 40
Isamu- 10

Total- 590

A drop of, I guess Snipers, would give a 490 point army. How does this one look?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion