Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old July 26th, 2006, 08:46 PM

Ursas has disabled reputation
Nub

So is there a group of Seattlites that get together to play this game?
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:52 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursas
So is there a group of Seattlites that get together to play this game?
Not as yet, there has suddenly been activity on this thread that indicates there might be some more people around to play.

I've found some people by hanging out in Toys 'r us, it is nice to see some on this board.

I live not to far from Northgate mall in seattle. My boyfriend and I like to play Heroscape, though he is away right now. I work way too much so games can be hard to get it, I'm usually able to do something on a weekend.

How 'bout the rest of you chat up?
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:59 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'll be in Seattle for a week following Gen-Con. I'll be staying downtown don't know how much time I'll have, (meetings during the day) but if it works out I wouldn't mind playing a little HS too, it it works out.

See ya at Gen-Con or PM me if interested

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:12 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
I'll be in Seattle for a week following Gen-Con. I'll be staying downtown don't know how much time I'll have, (meetings during the day) but if it works out I wouldn't mind playing a little HS too, it it works out.

See ya at Gen-Con or PM me if interested
Hey Codeman, I'm not sure If I responded to your pm, but I figured we'd chat at Gencon.
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:24 PM

Faustus is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee

How long have you been playing? What area of Seattle? Do you get to play much now?
I've been playing maybe 6 months. I play about once a week, but wouldn't mind playing more and maybe having some larger games.

I'm the only person in my play group who buys product (as I'm the one who introduced everyone to it), so once in a while I host "release" events where we all throw in a bit of cash with some sort of prize at the end. I'll bust out whatever expansion I just bought and have some sort of special rules that appy for that day (like that expansion is cheaper to draft or something...)

I live in the Central District...south of Capital Hill, East of Downtown, etc.
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:27 PM

Faustus is surprisingly tart
Is there a Gencon in/near Seattle? Or is it just in CA?
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:56 AM

MacG Woo who?
Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm as far as you can get from Seattle on the South axis. Fourteen more miles, and I'd be in California. I keep thinking about challenging Reaper to a game, but I think he'd tear my neck out after all the disagreeing with him I do.
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustus
Gencon happens in two places in America, a smaller event in California, and a large event in Indianapolis. The Seattle/Gencon discussion is because Codeman is traveling to Seattle after Gencon is over.

When I'm more coherent, I'll post more, seems like we may be able to get a group together in mid-august.
Old July 27th, 2006, 06:56 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustus
I was refering to the Gen-Con that is now held in Indianapolis, IN ( used to be in Wisconsin ) - Less than 2 weeks away!

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old July 29th, 2006, 03:14 AM

philthephreak Woo who?
Yo peeps, bunjee just told me about this thread so I thought I'd join in. I'm down for a game in August after Gencon if we can make it happen! I won't be at Gencon, as I just had a new baby boy! Too bad he's too little to play yet. :P

Anyway, I typically play with the UW students I work with, but I also have a few friends in the area (up past Northgate) that play. I've got at least one of every set, so that should add to the gaming fun. Let me know when you guys are playing and I'll invite them too.

It'll be fun to see what you snag at GenCon! If they give out any freebies this year I'd be more than happy to pay for a figure if someone can score me one!
Old July 29th, 2006, 03:28 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Alright, My girlfriend just signed the contract, so things are a bit more final.

She and I will leave Indianapolis on the 12th, and find our way to seattle on by the 16h of August. I'll be able to stay in Seattle through the weekend, and she'll be there on a more permanent basis.

I'd be open to a game on friday, saturday or sunday of the week after Gencon.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old July 29th, 2006, 03:28 AM

philthephreak Woo who?
I forgot to mention, I met one person at the Northgate TRU one time... Erica.

Anyone know her? She was awesome. I helped her demo the game on a Saturday when they did the Nerak giveaway and she was gracious enough to give me a couple of extra Neraks!

BTW, hey Faustus, I bet we're like 5 minutes from each other. I live in Montlake just south of 520.

Hopefully all of us will get to meet up after Gencon! I'm free in August.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers