Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old July 25th, 2014, 02:51 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Knights of Blackgaard

The Book of Knights of Blackgaard

Lodin's Discord - C3V Wave 5 - Evil of Blood River

The figures used for this unit are Aasimar Fighter #1 from the D&D War of the Dragon Queen set, Phalanx Soldier #7 from the D&D Unhallowed set, Axe Soldier #4 from the D&D War Drums set, and Royal Guard #28 from the D&D Underdark set.

Character Bio:
Not many forces have stood against the legendary Knights of Weston, fewer have matched them in combat. And even fewer than that, indeed only one force, has ever made the valiant knights know fear: the Knights of Blackgaard.

Though slow on the march, when the Knights of Blackgaard enter battle, they surge forward with deadly energy that only grows stronger as the battle heightens. A deadly force in and of themselves, the Knights of Blackgaard are even more relentless in battle when joined by those who share their rage.

Utgar has found an army of men who match his own ferocity, and now Valhalla trembles.

Quote:
BLACKGAARD SURGE
If no Knights of Blackgaard you control are engaged, you must subtract 3 from your initiative roll. If at least one Order Marker is on the Knights of Blackgaard, you may add 1 to your initiative roll for each engaged Knight of Blackgaard you control.

RELENTLESS ARMY ATTACK BONUS
If every army card you control has a relentless personality, each Knight of Blackgaard receives one additional attack die.
-Combinations and Synergies-
Synergy Benefits Received
- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
As a figure with the relentless personality, Knights of Blaackgard may roll 1 extra die from Khosumet the Darklord's RELENTLESS ASSAULT enhancement bonus.

- RELENTLESS ARMY ATTACK BONUS : Relentless Personality Units
* Air Elemental
* Amberhive Protectors
* Anubian Wolves
* Armoc Vipers
* Augamo
* Azazel the Kyrie Warrior
* Boreos
* Darkprowl Thrall
* Dumutef Guard
* Khosumet the Darklord
* Kon-Tar-Na
* Krug
* Marro Gnids
* Minions of Utgar
* Red Ants of Aunstrom
* Sir Hawthorne
* Skull Demon
* Sujoah
* Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
* Varkaanan Blade Dancers
* Venoc Vipers
* Venoc Warlord
* Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
* Werewolf Lord
* Wolves of Badru

Power Ranking
A 4-figure squad with 4/4 stats is nothing to sniff at, even at this price. B

Unit Strategy Review

TBA

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; April 9th, 2023 at 01:30 AM.
Old July 25th, 2014, 02:52 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of the Knights of Blackgaard

Now that the Book is done what's the sweetspot for these guys? At there expensive cost how many squads are usually ran in a standard 500-750 point game?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:31 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Now that the Book is done what's the sweetspot for these guys? At there expensive cost how many squads are usually ran in a standard 500-750 point game?
My theoryscape guess is anywhere from 3 to 4 squads, because the majority of relentless units are melee anyways, so unless you wanted to roll with incendies in there too, theres not much reason to actually put in anything else. Incend plus Taelord and 2 squads is an interesting 600 pointer though. Some 500 point army musings:
KoB x2
Incendiborgs
Khoshumet(Armocs?)
----------
485/495

This would probably be my go to build with them. If you could squeeze in another squad with incendies they'd be ridiculous.
Heres an obvious one for theme:
Hawthorne
KoB x3
Dumetef x2
------
I think its a little depressing how relatively unsynergistic these guys are with Hawthrone. Thats probably my only critisicm.

Last one that really intruges me right now is a VV one....
KoB x2
VV x4
--------
Set everyone up. Hit init switch on your command. Don't play against range. (I don't think venocs really like these guys, I'd rather put OMs on them.)

Actually, this army is one I really want to try:
Raelin SOTM
KoB x3
Dumetef(if points allow)
-----------
480/505
Set up the KoB in RaeRae aura, they rush her in and get off lots of whirlwinds and make her impossible to ignore.

Best army for them, I bet (at 500) and the reason they are 120 points, is:
KoB x4.

Slow roll, hit a double turn with init, never look back. Steamroller 2.0.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; July 25th, 2014 at 04:39 AM.
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post

I think its a little depressing how relatively unsynergistic these guys are with Hawthrone. Thats probably my only critisicm.
I agree entirely - these guys are really cool, but they really should have worked with Hawthorne in some way other than just being able to be paired with him and still get their relentless bonus, IMO. These guys are actually one of Hawthorne's worst allies, because they can't bond with him and anyone who can isn't relentless, making Hawthorne a terrible pick with these guys, as he's really at hs best as a bonding hero. Please tell me that there'll be a Relentless unit down the line, hopefully with this theme, who synergises with Hawthorne.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:57 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Extra Attack Dice Don't Cost THAT much!

Knights of Blackgaard x2 240
Taelord 420
Khosumet 495

Or, rather...

Havech Eradicators x2 420
Khosumet 495

Which option would be better? The second one seems to fill out start zone spaces more.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old July 25th, 2014, 08:24 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Err nevermind

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:00 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Extra Attack Dice Don't Cost THAT much!

Taelord 420
Khosumet 495

Or, rather...

Havech Eradicators x2 420
Khosumet 495

Which option would be better? The second one seems to fill out start zone spaces more.
The second option. I'm afraid Khosumet is a terrible option in any army that doesn't include the Anubian Wolves.

Taelord would be fun to pair with them.

Maybe Taelord + Raelin + 2xKoB. They get 4 attack, 6 defense until Raelin goes down, at which point they go to 5 attack, 4 defense. Not super competitive. Their best option with Taelord would probably require higher point values.

I'm pretty sure these guys are best when paired with Vulcanmechs.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 25th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

I agree entirely - these guys are really cool, but they really should have worked with Hawthorne in some way other than just being able to be paired with him and still get their relentless bonus, IMO. These guys are actually one of Hawthorne's worst allies, because they can't bond with him and anyone who can isn't relentless, making Hawthorne a terrible pick with these guys, as he's really at hs best as a bonding hero. Please tell me that there'll be a Relentless unit down the line, hopefully with this theme, who synergises with Hawthorne.
Any thoughts on this?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 25th, 2014, 11:25 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any thoughts on this?
Looks like nobody so far has had any thoughts on that which they found worth sharing.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; July 25th, 2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old July 25th, 2014, 11:46 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I think Utgar Human Champion Bonding would have been cool, and could have added a nice touch to them. I am guessing it was tested though and found to be too powerful?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 25th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I think Utgar Human Champion Bonding would have been cool, and could have added a nice touch to them. I am guessing it was tested though and found to be too powerful?
3x KoB and Vulcanmech is strong; I playtested them and they dominated the KoW on Dry Season. That was when they were 110/115 points.
Old July 25th, 2014, 11:52 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I don't remember it, but it might have been in the initial playtests. To be honest I think people underestimate them too much. 8 attacks of 4 (or 5 from height) on back to back turns can be brutal and really decimate things.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; July 25th, 2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: but I guess we'll find out with tournaments. Maybe I should play these guys in the next online tourney I'm in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs