Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old July 24th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Raudulfr's Custom Terrain (update 8-25-2012)

Dice Tower
Link to more images

Mushrooms
See a step-by-step here.

Dungeon Rock Outcrops
See a step-by-step here.

HOT LAVA
See a step-by-step here.

Stone fences
See a step-by-step here.

Temple Dice Tower
tutorial on page 23

Temple Ruins
tutorial on page 20

Swamp trees and Desert Rocks
more pics on page 14

Urban Wall
(Step-by-step on page 13)

Custom Dice Tower
(Step-by-step on page 10)

Thanks to Imax for the plans!

Starting Zone Markers
(Step-by-step on page 9)

Most of the games I play are with three other people. We usually play 1v1v1v1 on large boards. We choose a starting zone based on a roll of the twenty sider. Highest roller picks first.

I thought it would be cool to have a marker to place in the start zone to mark your spot. Each stone has an initial carved into it. One for each of us and another for my son.

A Tale of Two Trees
(Step-by-step on page 6)

Following this tutorial, I made these:
My tutorial is here.

Quick project: Old Wall

This took me about 3 hours total time to make. I purchased some green flower foam from Michael's and this is the first thing I made with it. Mostly is was a trial to see how I liked working with the foam. I was fun! Enjoy

Jandar Guard Tower
(step by step on page 3)

Marro bone stucture
(Step-by-step on page 2)

Dice Tower
A tutorial for the dice tower can be found here

Orc Archer Tower
Instructions and files for the tower can be found here if you want to build it.

Stone Bridges and LOS blockers

Inspired by Gidian's technique, I made these out of some packing foam that came in a box of something I bought. I cut the foam with a blade, coated them with a glue/mod podge/paint coating. The dark rocks started with a black base and then several lighter shades of dry brushing. The ice rocks had a base of blue and then several lighter shades up to white of dry brushing. It was a fun project that didn't take too long. I also used my lexan mat from Cavalier as a base for the photos.

Misc items

Last edited by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher; September 8th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM

super kyrie has disabled reputation
Cool stuff!

Zombies, they just won't stay in the ground will they.
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Thanks super kyrie!
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:13 PM

I espesially like the dice tower. It has that ancient temple type building look. The lookout tower is cool too, along with the different colored rocks.
Great job shieldcrusher!

Old July 24th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kyrie
I espesially like the dice tower. It has that ancient temple type building look. The lookout tower is cool too, along with the different colored rocks.
Great job shieldcrusher!
Thanks!

The dice tower is good for smaller rolls. Anything above 7 dice I roll on the table.
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:42 PM

cool. Are you going to make some more custom stuff and post it here or is this the only stuff your gonna make??

Old July 24th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kyrie
cool. Are you going to make some more custom stuff and post it here or is this the only stuff your gonna make??
I'm working on a permanent glyph type structure for the cloners right now. And I don't think I'll stop making stuff . . . it's too much fun!

See my sig for other stuff.
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
verry cool

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
WOW!!!!!

Really awesome stuff. I am not a dice tower type of guy, but I really like the look of yours. Everything looks great, I love the ice bridge, seems doable for the average guy. The tower is really cool also, all good stuff coming out of Ohio, Gotta Love that.

Great posts, great Photo's.

I like the water pad under the one board?

The castle painted black looks really good also, the 2 color castle has a good look about it

Thanks

Hendal

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
WOW!!!!!

Really awesome stuff. I am not a dice tower type of guy, but I really like the look of yours. Everything looks great, I love the ice bridge, seems doable for the average guy. The tower is really cool also, all good stuff coming out of Ohio, Gotta Love that.

Great posts, great Photo's.

I like the water pad under the one board?

The castle painted black looks really good also, the 2 color castle has a good look about it

Thanks

Hendal
The black castle is my son's. He wanted an evil looking castle for Utgar, so we painted it black and dry brushed some grey for highlights. When it is used by itself, it looks really cool!

The water pad is a TeeKay Lexan mat. If you don't have one, get one!

Thanks Handal!
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:58 PM

Glitch has disabled reputation
Nice! I have painted my castle sort of like that but I did a light wash and forgot the wipe the excess off the peices so the paint came out splotchy.
So I did a darker wash and covered the mistakes up a bit, still doesn't look as good as yours though .
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:30 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
Your rock work is awesome and I have always been a fan of you orc tower and have looked at it often in admiration.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles