Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 10th, 2008, 07:17 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
NBAScape: Give it a shot!

Welcome to NBAScape!

NBAScape can be played as a separate game or integrated into classic HeroScape, similar to how MarvelScape can be played. The stand-alone game can be played with 2 or 4 players. All regular HeroScape rules apply, with the following additions:

Pure NBAScape
Each player picks a team. Disregard point values.

If playing with four players, the two players who chose the Western Conference teams (Spurs and Lakers) play a best of 7 and the two players who chose the Eastern Conference teams (Pistons and Celtics) play a best of 7. Then the winners of those games play a best of 7 NBA Finals. If playing with 2 players, go straight to the best of 7 NBA Finals.

For each match-up, both players roll the 20-sided die to determine the team with home court advantage. Highest roll wins. Games 1, 2, 5 and 7 will be played on the arena of the team with home court advantage, and games 3, 4, and 6 will be played on the other team’s home court. Games 5, 6, and 7 will only be played if neither team has yet reached 4 wins, and which time they are the winners of that match-up.

To win a game, simply reduce the other teams life points to zero. Then play the next game as necessary on the appropriate arena.

Construct the arenas as shown below. The home team picks its starting zone first.

Boston Guardin' (Celtics' Home)

L.A. Beach (Lakers' Home)

The Palace (Pistons' Home)

Texas Expanse (Spurs' Home)

Order Markers may be used as in classic HeroScape, but players may also choose the following method: At the beginning of a game, both teams roll the 20-sided die for the “jump ball.” The player who rolls the highest gets to go first, then turns alternate for the rest of the game. In this case, it is considered a new round each time the jump ball winning team starts their turn.
Each NBAScape team card has the symbol on it, indicating some additional rules and powers that could not be fit on each card. They are as follows.

1. Each NBA team shares their life points. Any wound inflicted on one of the figures is subtracted from the card total, but the figure remains on the field. When the team’s life points reach zero, remove all of that team’s figures from the field.

2. If ever an NBAScape figure is considered “destroyed,” the figure is removed from the field for that game and 2 wounds are immediately placed on his team’s card.

3. Every figure has “DISENGAGE DRIBBLE.” This power allows a figure that is only engaged with one opponent’s figure to leave that engagement without receiving a leaving engagement attack. However, if a figure is “double-teamed” and is engaged with at least 2 opponent’s figures, it takes any leaving engagement attacks.

Thanks for playing! Enjoy!

HeroScape, etc. is owned by Hasbro/WOTC. NBA teams are property of National Basketball Association. Everything else that is not copywritten designed by BurnyFlame.

Last edited by BurnyFlame; June 17th, 2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Picture links fixed, color
Old June 10th, 2008, 07:18 PM

Re: NBAScape: Give it a shot!

Comments are welcome. Updates will be posted when I decide which other teams to make, but please feel free to come up with your own.

NEW FOR 2009!

NEW FOR 2011!

NEW FOR 2012!

Last edited by BurnyFlame; June 24th, 2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Added Thunder
Old June 10th, 2008, 07:41 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Wow! Extremely clever and creative. I love "Flop" for the Spurs . You really seem to have caught the feel of each team. Excellent job. I hope to give these a shot some time, if I ever do, I will let you know how it goes.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 10th, 2008, 07:53 PM

CStrife07 has disabled reputation

Sounds cool, a lot of thought went into these, and I think I'm gonna have to try this with hockey soon. Only problem is that you said this could be integrated into regular scape because they are multi life squads. Still Nicely done

Edit: Just read what the NBA symbol meant, that works perfectly. More kudos to you.

Last edited by CStrife07; June 10th, 2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Left something out
Old June 10th, 2008, 07:55 PM

CStrife07 has disabled reputation

How do I delete extra posts?

Last edited by CStrife07; June 10th, 2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Double Post
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:30 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CStrife07 View Post
You can't. Don't make them in the first place.
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:31 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CStrife07 View Post
You can't. Don't make them in the first place.
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd pos rep this if my eyeballs weren't burning from the font.
Old June 12th, 2008, 02:25 AM

SmoKingToad Woo who?

I'd pos rep this if i wasnt so frightened by your avatar.
Old August 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Better late than never -- I have added two new teams to the second post, the Magic and Cavaliers from the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals. Relive the exciting moments with your friends in the world of HeroScape, but please shake hands after the game (unlike some players).

Next year I hope the Heat go all the way so I can finally make their card!
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Celtics: On a roll of 20, Garnett yells at Davis and makes him cry. Remove all order markers from the Celtics.

An old-school Pistons card would be interesting. With Laimbeer and Rodman, they'd be Utgar material.
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM

Relive the exciting 2011 Finals with the Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions